LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- The following is NOT SUPPORTED: custom kernels, xposed, mods. Do not report bugs if you use any of those.
- To report a bug, explain how to reproduce it and ATTACH LOGS (logcat and dmesg). Without logs, bug reports will be ignored.
- Kitkat modem/bootloader is required, you can find it on post 2.
- Reboot into recovery (latest TWRP required).
- Wipe data, system and cache if it's a fresh install. If you are updating from unofficial LineageOS or Cyanogenmod, read this.
- No wipes required if you're updating from a previous official build of Lineage (wipe cache and dalvik cache recommended).
- Flash ROM and, optionally, Gapps and Root. Reboot.
- ROM: https://download.lineageos.org/armani [nightly]
- Gapps: http://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=7.1&download=true&variant=pico [pico]
- Root: https://download.lineageos.org/extras [su (arm)]
LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat bootloader/modem (post 2)
Last Updated 2017-05-02