[ROM] [7.1.x] [OMS] [EAS] ibrokemyLINEAGE [20170807]

Search This thread

ibrokemypie

Jul 20, 2016

[ROM] [7.1.x] [OMS] [EAS] ibrokemyLINEAGE [LOS] [20170807]

2ia7hbp.jpg

Code:
*** Disclamer
no legal responsibility taken for anything.
use at own risk.
install with full knowledge that this //could// make your phone 100% unusable and out of warrantee.

INTRODUCTION
This is a personal LineageOS build, based upon 14.1. I pull in changes as I see them, and sometimes this breaks things. I will upload builds as I build them, as long as they pass brief personal testing (eg they boot)
Posting this as a seperate thread mainly because it may take a different direction to others, and is not meant to just be a LOS nightly, I will be pulling changes at my discretion, this ROM is being built by me, for me, and I just happen to be sharing it.
Feel free to contribute, recommendations and (new) bug reports are always very welcome.

SPECIAL FEATURES
At the moment this may seem a little bland, but the point is not to become a new big rom, but simply to be a LineageOS based rom with the latest little addons, which at the moment include:

• @tabp0le Kernel built with rom (Source)
  • FULL Energy Aware Scheduler support
  • FULL ROOTLESS Substratum theme engine support with ThemeInterfacer and OMS7
  • Substratum app pre-included with app store updates
  • SU_ENABLED by default (builtin root manager from CyanogenMod)
  • FULLY compatible with both firmwares (MM and N)
  • Supports F2FS
  • SELinux ENFORCING
  • ForceEncrypt DISABLED

INSTRUCTIONS
Download the rom, check the hash and flash it and ARM64 7.1 GAPPS (Dynamic/Beansgapps recommended) through TWRP.

For updates, dirty flash of ROM only should do, if you have played around with system apps then perhaps clean the dalvik and cache, just to be safe.

BUGS

DOWNLOADS

CHANGELOG
Code:
Rebuild on latest sources
Update OMS
Update themeinterfacer
Fixed sdcard issues
Fixed USB OTG issues

Older changelogs:

Code:
Remove snap camera
Add google camera
UBERTC 
Snapdragon LLVM
Update OMS commits
Add substratum as system app
Substratum verification
Rebase of sources upon tabp0le's eas
Fix SD issues
Add back software nav  bar
EAS config changes
Improved hardware blobs
Updated power config
Updated hardware overlays
LOS upstream changes
Kernel upstream changes
WLAN wakelocks toggleable
Improved battery usage
Removed some redundant dev settings
Update some drivers/configs for camera and display
Adds Qualcomm Snap Camera
Add OMS7 rootless commits
Fix inclusion of Substratum app (604)
Replace masquerade with ThemeInterfacer (v50)
Compiled with UberTC and Snapdragon LLVM
Tabp0le kernel 1.03
Updated vendor files
Pre odex enabled (faster first boot)
GPS config updated
fix fingerprint sensor
update from upstream
include bluetooth aptx support
new vendor blobs
Rebrand to ibrokemyLINEAGE
Switch from Elite Kernel to Tabp0le Kernel
Better OMS7 integration
FINGERPRINT SENSOR works on both firmwares without need for patches
Substratum app now updates correctly from store
EAS support enabled by default, Kernel and Ramdisk support out of box.
Rebase on CAF sources
Latest patches/fixes
GPS fixes
WiFi stability improvements
WITH_SU set to true
Forceencrypt disabled again
Rebase on LineageOS 14.1
Update kernel
Refactor OMS changes
General cleanups
Latest source from upstream.
OMS7/Masquerade, the backend for the new SUBSTRATUM theme engine. Simply download the substratum app from the play store to use it!
FINALLY a working subwoofer (bottom speaker)
innumerable misc patches
other misc perf changes
Revert breaking audio commits. - https://github.com/ibrokemypie/android_device_htc_pme/commit/928c5e1674571fac980d2e730983c4c59c55f412
Build with Elite Kernel, thanks @buckmarble! - https://github.com/ibrokemypie/android_device_htc_pme/commit/6df6a1b650336bd9f97bed756dc397f1a2862d50

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
rc420head, Mahdi786, crpalmer, leedroid, buckmarble and tabp0le

XDA:DevDB Information
ibrokemyLINEAGE 14.1.x, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
ibrokemypie, rc420head, Mahdi786, crpalmer, leedroid, buckmarble, tabp0le
Source Code: https://github.com/ibrokemypie/android_device_htc_pme/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-12-15
Last Updated 2017-03-29

Contributors

Version Information
Current Beta Version: ibrokemypie

Created 2016-12-15
Last Updated 2017-08-10

Last edited:
This is amazing! EVERYTHING works (except GPS), I did a GPS lock in the Sense OS but still cannot see the satellites but this is OK, I know it will come in time! I am coming from Sprint HTC 10 (BadBoys/official), wiped everything full/clean and installed this with PICO GAPPs, data works, TXT/MMS works, cellular works, no issues with anything except GPS. VERY WELL DONE! Speed test shows BLAZING LTE so I know its seeing the basebands correctly, etc., so all is good from my side, very happy! FINALLY a working N AOSP for my Sprint HTC!!

Reactions: johnblundon

stefan1234566789

May 25, 2014
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
This is amazing! EVERYTHING works (except GPS), I did a GPS lock in the Sense OS but still cannot see the satellites but this is OK, I know it will come in time! I am coming from Sprint HTC 10 (BadBoys/official), wiped everything full/clean and installed this with PICO GAPPs, data works, TXT/MMS works, cellular works, no issues with anything except GPS. VERY WELL DONE! Speed test shows BLAZING LTE so I know its seeing the basebands correctly, etc., so all is good from my side, very happy! FINALLY a working N AOSP for my Sprint HTC!!
What about the speaker problem?

mcwups1

May 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Did you flash the N firmware?

pickandrew

Jan 8, 2016
Trieste
Hello, the codename "pme" which version of HTC 10 corresponds?
All these.. perfume_uhl, perfume_whl and perfume_ul?! Thanks!

twinnfamous

May 31, 2012
sacramento
Moderator Warning,

Thread cleaned. Flaming users is not acceptable on XDA. If you have an issue with a post, report it and move on.
Edit: only quoted you because the post I was replying to got erased.
Thanks for following rules. Sorry if I'm breaking them.
BUT
As far as I'm concerned flaming should be done if source is not public on github and someone hacked your private github account. But sharing is caring
And It benefits us all.
I didn't Flame when I asked in a thread if anybody was working on cm-14.1 and when I started work on it I didn't even write what the commit was that I added but somehow cm-14.1 still came and all the work I done was used. IT REALLY WASNT USED. as there is plenty of github sources to give ideas and plenty of code changes. We as developers need more developers as the code game is big. If someone is contributing to a worthy cause let them. Do any of you developers out there like having sleepless nights trying to figure out code? I don't think so. And me I don't know **** but I can figure it out hahahaha.
This post is just a general post so report me but let people learn dammit. And a guide doesn't teach you how to fix building errors so guides don't help. Going through code of familiar devices does.

Last edited:

ibrokemypie

Jul 20, 2016
Edit: only quoted you because the post I was replying to got erased.
Thanks for following rules. Sorry if I'm breaking them.
BUT
As far as I'm concerned flaming should be done if source is not public on github and someone hacked your private github account. But sharing is caring
And It benefits us all.
I didn't Flame when I asked in a thread if anybody was working on cm-14.1 and when I started work on it I didn't even write what the commit was that I added but somehow cm-14.1 still came and all the work I done was used. IT REALLY WASNT USED. as there is plenty of github sources to give ideas and plenty of code changes. We as developers need more developers as the code game is big. If someone is contributing to a worthy cause let them. Do any of you developers out there like having sleepless nights trying to figure out code? I don't think so. And me I don't know **** but I can figure it out hahahaha.
This post is just a general post so report me but let people learn dammit. And a guide doesn't teach you how to fix building errors so guides don't help. Going through code of familiar devices does.

Hey, I didnt see your post from before, this whole thing, I really didn't mean to offend or steal, I just wanted to make the progress accessible to people who dont have the time or resources to build the code themselves, even if it is mostly just following a guide. Beside from that, the point of open source is for people to take something and make it do what they want, without restrictions, and to be able to give and take if they can. I am not simply taking the work of others and packaging it as my own, I am trying to make contributions, even if I am not a super great programmer like @crpalmer, who is putting together the pieces to make this work for us all. I am not taking the work of others and claiming ti was mine. That was not my intention at all and I am sorry it may have seemed as such.

ibrokemypie

Jul 20, 2016
Nope, stayed with MM, and I had speaker, no issues with sound, maybe I am lucky, IDK but TWRP worked, and everything I need from my daily driver except GPS.

Hey, about to start properly looking into GPS as I was able to repro the problem, however GPS satellites are being detected, and certain bits are working, so I feel fixing it should be within my capabilities, however for the moment I am working on including theming through Substratum, with full implementation with the inclusion of Masquerade backend (OMS) which should be build ready in a little while.

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey @ibrokemypie,

Out of curiosity, are you duel booting Linux, using a VM Linux environment or just generally using Linux as your OS and building Cyanogenmod from there? Also how much space have you got allocated for building Cyanogenmod. I'm trying to figure out if I have the capability to do it on my MacBook Pro if I clear out some space.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs

Hey, about to start properly looking into GPS as I was able to repro the problem, however GPS satellites are being detected, and certain bits are working, so I feel fixing it should be within my capabilities, however for the moment I am working on including theming through Substratum, with full implementation with the inclusion of Masquerade backend (OMS) which should be build ready in a little while.
That's awesome, I really appreciate it! This is the only thing keeping me from fully committing to this as my daily runner. I use GPS pretty much every day so I need it. I've always ran with AOSP on all of my androids and this is usually an issue across the board in the initial releases so I get it and appreciate your hard work!

sent from my HTC 10

ibrokemypie

Jul 20, 2016
Hey @ibrokemypie,

Out of curiosity, are you duel booting Linux, using a VM Linux environment or just generally using Linux as your OS and building Cyanogenmod from there? Also how much space have you got allocated for building Cyanogenmod. I'm trying to figure out if I have the capability to do it on my MacBook Pro if I clear out some space.

Well, initially I tried just building on my macbook, but ran out of space verrrry quickly. Do not recommend even trying unless you have a MINIMUM of 150gb that you can dedicate it, wasted a whole two days with this.
Tried building on a ****ty laptop too, but discovered that you really can't build at all unless you also have at the very least 8gb of ram, so ended up taking the drive out of that and sticking it in my gaming rig with 16gb ram.
Building on an arch linux install, mostly just via ssh with a tmux session to reduce overhead.

ibrokemypie

Jul 20, 2016
That's awesome, I really appreciate it! This is the only thing keeping me from fully committing to this as my daily runner. I use GPS pretty much every day so I need it. I've always ran with AOSP on all of my androids and this is usually an issue across the board in the initial releases so I get it and appreciate your hard work!

sent from my HTC 10

hey, just as a test, could you try setting your location to device only, open up google maps and tap the little icon to go to your location? I think it will ask you to allow it access to enable wifi/cell location, so deny that and tap it again, and you should see your location as a grey dot. If this works, can you then tap it once more, and take your device somewhere? There is a chance gps is wokring after all, just not reporting itself as suck to anything...

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Well, initially I tried just building on my macbook, but ran out of space verrrry quickly. Do not recommend even trying unless you have a MINIMUM of 150gb that you can dedicate it, wasted a whole two days with this.
Tried building on a ****ty laptop too, but discovered that you really can't build at all unless you also have at the very least 8gb of ram, so ended up taking the drive out of that and sticking it in my gaming rig with 16gb ram.
Building on an arch linux install, mostly just via ssh with a tmux session to reduce overhead.

Yeah I think it's gonna be a no go for me then as my MacBook Pro only has 256gb in total and im currently using 60gb for Windows 10.

If I were to get a build PC together, what components are most required for building Android? After having at least 8gb of ram, is it all processor or a mix of processor and gpu?

Trying to think if I can make an Intel NUC type PC with the built in graphics card or if I need to be getting discrete graphics card as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[ROM] [7.1.x] [OMS] [EAS] ibrokemyLINEAGE [LOS] [20170807]

2ia7hbp.jpg

Code:
    *** Disclamer
    no legal responsibility taken for anything.
    use at own risk.
    install with full knowledge that this //could// make your phone 100% unusable and out of warrantee.

INTRODUCTION
    This is a personal LineageOS build, based upon 14.1. I pull in changes as I see them, and sometimes this breaks things. I will upload builds as I build them, as long as they pass brief personal testing (eg they boot)
    Posting this as a seperate thread mainly because it may take a different direction to others, and is not meant to just be a LOS nightly, I will be pulling changes at my discretion, this ROM is being built by me, for me, and I just happen to be sharing it.
    Feel free to contribute, recommendations and (new) bug reports are always very welcome.

SPECIAL FEATURES
    At the moment this may seem a little bland, but the point is not to become a new big rom, but simply to be a LineageOS based rom with the latest little addons, which at the moment include:

• @tabp0le Kernel built with rom (Source)
    • FULL Energy Aware Scheduler support
    • FULL ROOTLESS Substratum theme engine support with ThemeInterfacer and OMS7
    • Substratum app pre-included with app store updates
    • SU_ENABLED by default (builtin root manager from CyanogenMod)
    • FULLY compatible with both firmwares (MM and N)
    • Supports F2FS
    • SELinux ENFORCING
    • ForceEncrypt DISABLED

INSTRUCTIONS
    Download the rom, check the hash and flash it and ARM64 7.1 GAPPS (Dynamic/Beansgapps recommended) through TWRP.

For updates, dirty flash of ROM only should do, if you have played around with system apps then perhaps clean the dalvik and cache, just to be safe.

BUGS

DOWNLOADS

CHANGELOG
    Code:
    Rebuild on latest sources
    Update OMS
    Update themeinterfacer
    Fixed sdcard issues
    Fixed USB OTG issues

Older changelogs:

Code:
    Remove snap camera
    Add google camera
    UBERTC 
    Snapdragon LLVM
    Update OMS commits
    Substratum verification
    Fix SD issues
    Add back software nav  bar
    EAS config changes
    Improved hardware blobs
    Updated power config
    LOS upstream changes
    Kernel upstream changes
    WLAN wakelocks toggleable
    Improved battery usage
    Removed some redundant dev settings
    Update some drivers/configs for camera and display
    Adds Qualcomm Snap Camera
    Add OMS7 rootless commits
    Fix inclusion of Substratum app (604)
    Replace masquerade with ThemeInterfacer (v50)
    Compiled with UberTC and Snapdragon LLVM
    Tabp0le kernel 1.03
    Updated vendor files
    Pre odex enabled (faster first boot)
    GPS config updated
    fix fingerprint sensor
    update from upstream
    include bluetooth aptx support
    new vendor blobs
    Rebrand to ibrokemyLINEAGE
    Switch from Elite Kernel to Tabp0le Kernel
    Better OMS7 integration
    FINGERPRINT SENSOR works on both firmwares without need for patches
    Substratum app now updates correctly from store
    EAS support enabled by default, Kernel and Ramdisk support out of box.
    Rebase on CAF sources
    Latest patches/fixes
    GPS fixes
    WiFi stability improvements
    WITH_SU set to true
    Forceencrypt disabled again
    Rebase on LineageOS 14.1
    Update kernel
    Refactor OMS changes
    General cleanups
    Latest source from upstream.
    OMS7/Masquerade, the backend for the new SUBSTRATUM theme engine. Simply download the substratum app from the play store to use it!
    FINALLY a working subwoofer (bottom speaker)
    innumerable misc patches
    other misc perf changes
    Revert breaking audio commits. - https://github.com/ibrokemypie/android_device_htc_pme/commit/928c5e1674571fac980d2e730983c4c59c55f412
    Build with Elite Kernel, thanks @buckmarble! - https://github.com/ibrokemypie/android_device_htc_pme/commit/6df6a1b650336bd9f97bed756dc397f1a2862d50

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    rc420head, Mahdi786, crpalmer, leedroid, buckmarble and tabp0le

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2016-12-15
    Last Updated 2017-03-29

Contributors

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: ibrokemypie

Created 2016-12-15
    Last Updated 2017-08-10
    NEW ROM UPDATE 20170502

THIS IS A WORKING, STABLE RELEASE WITH NO KNOWN ISSUES

However, I do recommend a clean flash (wipe caches and system partitions before flashing, and re-flash your gapps as well before rebooting, you will no lose any data)
    If you have any problems, please make sure to clean flash.

MASSIVE number of changes below, no known issues, please let me know of anything you encounter

Remove snap camera
    Add google camera
    UBERTC
    Snapdragon LLVM
    Update OMS commits
    Substratum verification
    Fix SD issues
    Add back software nav bar
    EAS config changes
    Improved hardware blobs
    Updated power config
    UPDATE

All sources updated and freshly rebuilt.
    Issues with tethering and USB fixed
    SD issues fixed.
    Time to say goodbye to mama and papa Stock. CM and I are hitting the road and getting married. You can't stop our love HTC.