[ROM][7.1.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi)

Search This thread

Haven't aclue

Jan 11, 2021
Hey everyone. Long time. I am getting close to have 16.0 beta to be released. Keep your fingers crossed and I will hopefully have it out soon.
Fantastic news, thank you for all your time and efforts and consideration for the poor people down here still stuck on Android 5.1, I gave just managed to unbrick my sm-t900 tonight, and because I haven't a clue what I'm doing I would love someone like you to bring my favourite old tab into the 21st century.
Kindest regards E

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Talk about LOS 16.1 has attracted some interest in the T900. There is a new TWRP 3.5.0_9-0 available for the T900. TWRP 3.4.0-0 did not work at all forcing us back to the previous 3.3.1-0. So I decided to try the new TWRP. I used 3.3.1-0 to flash the img of 3.5.0_9-0 and rebooted into the new recovery. I then booted back into the 14.1 ROM. I then booted into the new recovery again and flashed the latest ROM update. I also flashed the Magisk zip since it is lost after an update. It performed exactly as it should. My experience with my Moto X Pure has been that back up and particularly restore might not work even if it can flash a ROM. I backed up the ROM, and booted back into 14.1. I then booted back to the new recovery, and then attempted a restore. It restored exactly as it should. Therefore, 3.5.0_9-0 works just fine for this tablet running 14.1 I think generally we should use the most recent TWRP if possible that works so I am now using 3.5.0_9-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: pjotrski1000

pjotrski1000

Jan 28, 2014
OnePlus X
OnePlus 6
Talk about LOS 16.1 has attracted some interest in the T900. There is a new TWRP 3.5.0_9-0 available for the T900. TWRP 3.4.0-0 did not work at all forcing us back to the previous 3.3.1-0. So I decided to try the new TWRP. I used 3.3.1-0 to flash the img of 3.5.0_9-0 and rebooted into the new recovery. I then booted back into the 14.1 ROM. I then booted into the new recovery again and flashed the latest ROM update. I also flashed the Magisk zip since it is lost after an update. It performed exactly as it should. My experience with my Moto X Pure has been that back up and particularly restore might not work even if it can flash a ROM. I backed up the ROM, and booted back into 14.1. I then booted back to the new recovery, and then attempted a restore. It restored exactly as it should. Therefore, 3.5.0_9-0 works just fine for this tablet running 14.1 I think generally we should use the most recent TWRP if possible that works so I am now using 3.5.0_0-0.
Thanks for the heads-up. Twrp 3.5.0_9 now also working well here. Which magisk version did you flash? Is 21.3 working well for you? Thank you

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Thanks for the heads-up. Twrp 3.5.0_9 now also working well here. Which magisk version did you flash? Is 21.3 working well for you? Thank you
The latest Magisk and I updated it. Without looking I think it was 21.3, yes. Just remember to re-flash Magisk zip with every update. It is wiped by update which is not the case with some other ROM's.

Last edited:

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
I have been using small Gapps by habit but wondered if this tablet could handle Gapps full. After rediscovering this is a 32 bit and not a 64 bit processor, and knowing that I had a back up, I did a clean flash with the latest 14.1 update, the latest Gapps full, and the latest TWRP 3.5.0_9-0 and it worked just fine. I will flash with Gapps full from now on.

Reactions: stanl56
You can't do that because it is a different processor. We have a Exynos and that has a Qualcomm.
Sorry for the intervention.
How was it possible for this ROM:
[ROM][P900/T900][Unofficial] Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 [7.1.2][2017/09/26]
to be installed on both tablets?
I use it now and I am satisfied, but I would be happy to see an update for our tablet.
Thank You!

xfiver

Dec 20, 2007
I have been using small Gapps by habit but wondered if this tablet could handle Gapps full. After rediscovering this is a 32 bit and not a 64 bit processor, and knowing that I had a back up, I did a clean flash with the latest 14.1 update, the latest Gapps full, and the latest TWRP 3.5.0_9-0 and it worked just fine. I will flash with Gapps full from now on.

Hi kb8no,

Did the same when I saw your post (Jan 20th current build, 32bit nano Gapps and 3.5 TWRP) , and I seemed to have lost my battery problem. Been running 5 days and only had one random lockup in Chrome browser.

Thanks, was worth the update.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Did the same when I saw your post (Jan 20th current build, 32bit nano Gapps and 3.5 TWRP) , and I seemed to have lost my battery problem. Been running 5 days and only had one random lockup in Chrome browser. Thanks, was worth the update.
You can always use a smaller gapps but you could have used gapps full. You could also have used Magisk.

xfiver

Dec 20, 2007
May I ask when one should update their ROM given weekly builds?

My current build is dated 15th Jan 21, and my 'updates' notifier has worked for the first time and I see I am 3 weekly builds behind now.

I have no issues, all my 4 most used apps work, except when one of them plays a whizzbang advert with animations and or videos then I have to crash though and restart app. This has been so with every LOS 14.1 build in last 3-4 years. I was wondering if pjotrski100 original post re ... electronic newspaper issues were also due to the adverts?

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
May I ask when one should update their ROM given weekly builds? My current build is dated 15th Jan 21, and my 'updates' notifier has worked for the first time and I see I am 3 weekly builds behind now.
Probably all you ever pick up is an occasional LOS security update. Probably no difference between most weeklies. Yet update is very easy and fast. If you are clever you could follow the source to note changes and update when a new security update has been added. Your choice. If you updated roughly monthly there is still usually no difference but that is what I have been doing. It would be nice if someone announced "new security update" when something happened but that's not what happens around here.

xfiver

Dec 20, 2007
Probably all you ever pick up is an occasional LOS security update. Probably no difference between most weeklies. Yet update is very easy and fast. If you are clever you could follow the source to note changes and update when a new security update has been added. Your choice. If you updated roughly monthly there is still usually no difference but that is what I have been doing. It would be nice if someone announced "new security update" when something happened but that's not what happens around here.

Thanks, that's useful, if my googling is correct the last security update for Android 7.1 (LOS 14.1) was Oct 2019.
Only Android 8.0 and upwards seem to be receiving security updates. So I assume I have the latest available security patch.

Last edited:

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Thanks, that's useful, if my googling is correct the last security update for Android 7.1 (LOS 14.1) was Oct 2019. Only Android 8.0 and upwards seem to be receiving security updates. So I assume I have the latest available security patch.
LOS 14.1 is receiving security patches regularly. My Moto X Pure is on 14.1 and the OP keeps releasing new builds when there is an LOS patch release so it easier to track when they occur. In the past year he had updates for patch release of Feb5, Mar5, Jun5, July5, Aug 5, Sep5, Nov5, Dec5. It seems LOS releases them monthly on the 5th of the month and I think the the Moto X Pure OP just missed Apr5 and Oct5. Indeed, the latest update of this ROM has the Dec5 patch as well just like my Moto X. So this would support a person updating the ROM monthly. So the next update we would expect is Jan5 and hasn't occured yet and I wonder what is the delay time before a security patch hits an update.

xfiver

Dec 20, 2007
Thanks, that's useful, if my googling is correct the last security update for Android 7.1 (LOS 14.1) was Oct 2019.
Only Android 8.0 and upwards seem to be receiving security updates. So I assume I have the latest available security patch.

Just checked my T900 and it does say 5th Dec 2020 security patch level

but

Android Security Bulletin—October 2019 | Android Open Source Project

shows last month as Oct 2019 for 7.1, I am not pushing this :)

I will just wait for LOS 16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.* (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Important information:
    This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi) ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

Do not ask for ETAs. If you do, I will ignore you and your post.

SEANDROID ERROR
    • If you see a message at boot about Recovery or Kernel is not SEANDROID Enforcing, you can ignore it. This is just telling you that you are not running Samsung stock software. It has no effect on recovery or the ROM itself nor related to either.

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored.

You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Bootloader Information
    You need to make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot. Here you can go grab the latest bootloader and odin and flash it in download mode. Read all the steps before you do this.

Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails.

Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN:
    1. Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails. Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN.
    2. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
    3. Open ODIN on your computer. You?ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
    4. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It's a tar file.
    5. Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
    6. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.

Installation
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (This will not work with the P900 recovery)
    3. --I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibations, ADB now work and there are performance increases. Link
    4. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (optional)
    5. Wipe data/factory reset
    6. Flash LineageOS
    7. Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    8. Reboot

Root
    The SU root binary is no longer installed with ROM by default. If you would like to install root, please go here and download the binary.

Issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs or it didn't happen! You can use this: Syslog App

Downloads

Nightlies
    Latest Nightly Date: Builds are built weekly now through the Exynos5420 Jenkins Server
    Latest Device Builds
    -----------
    Google Drive Device Builds (Old - Not maintained)

Google Apps
    http://opengapps.org/ - Thanks to the OpenGapps team!
    Use the 7.1 and Arm options when downloading.

Issues
    • Lower than stock audio volumes
    • MHL out to TV not working

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging, & documentation.

Source:
    Kernel: Link
    Device Tree: Link

Credits
    @Valera1978 Initial device tree
    @UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @DGT79 for his testing efforts and helping me manage the thread.
    @chhaggerty, @tbjr50 and @titidu3701 for their testing efforts.
    Exynos5420 Dev Team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588 )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    thompatry
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-12-24
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    Just a quick update.

I am very close to releasing Oreo. I have a few more bugs to work out and then I feel comfortable to release it.
    Just a small update, the pie build is coming a long nicely. I expect to release it in the next month or two at the latest. I will not guarantee all the features will work but I have kept you guys deprived for so long I will give it a shot. I will keep you updated.
    Hey Guys,

I know it has been awhile since I have personally posted an updated. Life has been super busy for me. Working 60 hours a week, wrapping up this job, starting a new job and moving. Don't get me wrong, I ready everyone of your posts and work with @DGT79 on posting solutions, looking at logs, and making this ROM better.

With the Exynos5420 Team having a build server "Jenkins", I will no longer being announcing builds. We are working on setting a final scheduling on builds but it is looking like weekly builds on Fridays. This week, we will run builds tomorrow due to Jenkins going down for some maintenance. You can find device changes on the Exynos5420's GitHub account. We are working on a change log server but that is a few months out. If you have any questions, about this please let me know.

So a new hot topic item is root. A lot of ROM teams are moving away from baking in root (no longer having the SU binary installed) into the ROM. There is multiple reasons behind this. Some apps just will not flat out work if it detects any form of the SU binary installed. For an example Pokemon Go or TV streaming apps. Also there is concern of identity theft with the SU binary being enabled. We, as a team (Exynos5420 Team), have decided to follow this path. It should be up to the user for this risk. It is easy for you to install the SU binary if you want it though. You just need to flash a root zip after flashing the ROM. From here, you can use whatever SU program you may want such as SuperSU. You can find the SU binaries here from Lineage. I will update OP to reflect this. You can find more information about why root was removed from the ROM here.

Another thing that you may have noticed on the downloads site is there is a new ROM the Exynos5420 team is developing. It is called LiquidDeathOS. It is a ROM based off of the Exynos SOC. We have plans to expand it to all Exynos SOCs in the future. We have a few builds out for Alpha testing and it is looking promising. It is very early in development and has a lot of bugs so please be patient. What we are trying to accomplish is to focus on speed, stability, and battery life. With this new ROM, we will be using AOSP code directly from Google. There will be no CAF code involved. (If you do not know what CAF is, please Google Code Aurora.) As soon as I feel comfortable releasing a build for public consumption I will. So hang in there. It is going to be fantastic and will blow Lineage out of the water.

I think that is all I have for right now for new updates. As always keep giving the great feedback and I will keep putting out the great work. Feel free to donate me a beer or two.
    I guess no one is attempting to do Oreo for our old 12.2 tablet huh?

Please read some of my previous posts. I am currently working on it but is not stable for public release.