[ROM][7.1.X][UNOFFICIAL] [SM-J320FN] Resurrection Remix Nougat v5.8.5

Search This thread

Tommytommy1234

Oct 3, 2015
No, I didn't install another one before on this phone, i was told that this one should be the most stable for this device and I gave it a go.

Maybe LOS 14.1 is the next in line if I'm searching for stability or is any other you recommend to use instead (despite I've rad that in latest LOS 14.1 there are a few problems with battery drainage while in standby without solution too)? I'm sorry to ask for another ROM in this thread but at this moment is the only "solution" available to solve this issue when using the combination Samsung SM-J320 + RR 5.8.5.
I used RR in the past, pretty stable for me but didn't used voicecall on whatsapp unfortunately.

If you want give los14.1 a try. No bugs so far, even the flickering is fixed. You can make a backup of current RR in twrp and if LOS14.1 doesn't work well restore the backup.

2gg1

Mar 15, 2019
Thanks for your input,

Tried just now, same problem, Whatsapp freezes and the only way is to force the application to stop from settings. After starting up everything is good. I've tried Voicecall just to understand if this is related with the sound I/O but all is good, works at it should, so does the camera, producing videos and photos within Whataspp works also.

The problem remains, when i want to do a Videocall Whatsapp freezes. Ive tested with a colleague right next to me, her phone doesn't even ring, so my video-dialing process don't "leave" my phone.

Thanks!
Bro try j210 rom for j3 2016. Best rom in my opinion

tomalamix

Jan 24, 2016
I think you can. If you delete from the .zip all google files i guess it's possible. It only comes with playstore and youtube pre-installed

I've downloaded it and this is about 700Mb, it's way too big comparing with LOS and RR, and it's loaded with Google and Samsung stuff, it's not only Youtube and the Playstore, i really don't want anything installed besides the apps I need and don't know exactly the files to delete to get the job done in the ZIP file. For those two for example I use Newpipe and Aptoide respectively, those consume a lot less space and doesn't require me to give away any info and are plain and simple IMO.

I think I'm going to LOS 14.1 first but not the latest version because there are people complaining about battery drainage on this last version (january 2020), going backwards and installing the December 2019 version on the same phone solved the issue in one of the threads I saw about this. Maybe the problem is related with the kernel?

2gg1

Mar 15, 2019
I've downloaded it and this is about 700Mb, it's way too big comparing with LOS and RR, and it's loaded with Google and Samsung stuff, it's not only Youtube and the Playstore, i really don't want anything installed besides the apps I need and don't know exactly the files to delete to get the job done in the ZIP file. For those two for example I use Newpipe and Aptoide respectively, those consume a lot less space and doesn't require me to give away any info and are plain and simple IMO.

I think I'm going to LOS 14.1 first but not the latest version because there are people complaining about battery drainage on this last version (january 2020), going backwards and installing the December 2019 version on the same phone solved the issue in one of the threads I saw about this. Maybe the problem is related with the kernel?
Just delete those apps with en magisk. (off-topic) aptoide logins are leaked. Check if youre a victim.

tomalamix

Jan 24, 2016
Just delete those apps with en magisk. (off-topic) aptoide logins are leaked. Check if youre a victim.

I don't have a login for aptoide, i just use it for searching apps, no login required for that so far. Although there is a register area in the app but i dont use it, I should be safe i guess, but thanks for the warning!

Sajjad Hasan

Jul 15, 2019
Give us this rom update. We need this rom update. Because we use remix old rom version. So please give us this remix rom update...

mathun12

Jan 6, 2021
After few days of using "The Latest Stable Build J320F / G / M [10/25/2018.]"
with my J320f I need to complaint that:

- Wi-fi dosent work
- sending mms - dosent work, too
- both sim cards lose coverage for no reason. Sometimes there is range, but you can't call to me (even though I'm in the same place - normally very good range).

now I will try "The Latest Stable Build J320FN[25.10.2018.]" with my J320F

Mercyless

Jul 10, 2015
How can I install themes on this rom?
Can someone describe it exactly and can I ask for some theme links?

I have a J320FN with this rom and use it as a security camera. All works flawless! I do most things remotely with adb shell, but on occasion i have to reboot the phone. Problem is that the phone is not easy accessible, but the charger is! I would like to know how i can fix some settings so the phone boots when pull the charger shortly. I know if i change 'on charge' in init.rc i can let the phone do so, but it gets replaced after a boot. I am not experienced enough to edit the boot.img.
My question, is it possible that init.rc can call a script when the charger is plugged? And is there someone who can edit the boot.img for me? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CNVi62v.jpg

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.[/CENTER]

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM ,slim, omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

Resurrection Remix

Special thanks to, the CM team,OMNI team ,SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters

Features:

-Based On Latest Google Android 7.1 release
    RR Customizations:
    Statusbar customizations
    Brightness Slider
    Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
    SuperUser Indicator Switch
    Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
    Carrier Label
    Carrier Label Switch
    Carrier label Color
    Carrier Label Size
    Battery
    Battery Bar customization
    Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
    Network traffic Color
    Statusbar RR Logo
    RR logo Color
    RR logo Position
    Custom Logos
    Custom logo logo Color
    Custom logo Position
    Custom logo Style
    A Whole new RR Configurations
    OverAll Smoothness Improvements
    Optimizations to Improve Battery
    Includes All Android Nougat Features
    Includes ALL CM14.1 Features

-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps for 7.1 ARM builds
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest TWRP Recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!

You can buy me a cup of coffee :D
    https://www.paypal.me/AdrianQuintanilla

Contributors:
    ¤ Adrian (RR brought to J3)
    ¤ Djeman ( main developer)
    ¤ Borksek ( RR MAINTER)
    ¤ [email protected] (Helping borksek with errors)

Sources
    https://github.com/djeman

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix J3, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

Contributors
    adrian1234a, Borksek, Djeman, [email protected]
    Source Code: https://github.com/djeman/android_kernel_samsung_sharkls

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
    Based On: Cyanogenmod/LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.8.5
    Stable Release Date: 2018-10-13

Created 2017-09-04
    Last Updated 2018-10-25
    If u have free time than try to port MIUI 8.2 ROM for j3 PLZZZZ it request:)

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

I have.t Google cloud platform ......To port ROM.......:crying:
    You have no patience. Wait one freaking day without requesting something. You ask for a new rom/features every single week. Stop it. Developers are working very hard. Your squeezing and choking the devs with requests.
    New build!!!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQcRnrg9BydZXBXTlNmVXgxRWM/view?usp=drivesdk
    ChangeLog:
    Add support to dual sim
    Fix sim on j320f
    Add doze