[ROM][7.1.x][v500][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [Nightly]

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
  • The following is NOT SUPPORTED: custom kernels, xposed, mods, supersu. Do not report bugs if you use any of those.
  • To report a bug, explain how to reproduce it and ATTACH LOGS (logcat and dmesg). Without logs, bug reports will be ignored.
  • Kitkat bootloader is required, you can find it on post 2.

Install instructions:
  • Reboot into recovery (latest TWRP required).
  • Wipe data, system and cache if it's a fresh install (any rom which is not official Lineage, incluiding Cyanogenmod).
  • No wipes required if you're updating from a previous official build of Lineage (wipe cache and dalvik cache recommended).
  • Flash ROM and, optionally, Gapps and Root. Reboot.

Download links:

Other information:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
fefifofum, Deltadroid
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat bootloader (post 2)

Version Information

Created 2017-01-16
Last Updated 2017-05-02

fefifofum

Feb 27, 2012
Bootloader

This rom requires kitkat bootloader. If you are unsure of what bootloader you are using, you should flash the following zip within recovery (latest official TWRP recommended):

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both. Root addon required (post 1).

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.

Last edited:

1eStar

Jan 3, 2015
Subscribed. I love your work, thank you very much. I finally got around to updating to the final CyanogenMod build last night, and then this rolls in!

ronche2000

Feb 3, 2016
Roxas
finally!!! downloading now

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

it is compatible with gamma kernel?

xelyt

Sep 17, 2012
Roma
Dirty-flashed coming from 1225 (last CM) - root is gone!
Please confirm... or is it just me?
I can confirm this, dirty flashed rom and delta gapps and now root is gone. I can allow it only for ADB but not for Apps. Is there a way to get root back?

EDIT: i've done a clean install and it doesn't fix the issue so for now it's better off not to install if you need root

Last edited:

1eStar

Jan 3, 2015
Ditto. Lost root access for apps. Fortunately I did a full nandroid backup yesterday so am once again back up and running the last version of CM14.1

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Dirty-flashed coming from 1225 (last CM) - root is gone!
Please confirm... or is it just me?
SU is now disabled by default. A separate addon will be provided to enable root apparently. This is a work around for safetynet.

Another way to fix this is to export an environment variable during compile time:
# Enable SU by default
export WITH_SU=true

1eStar

Jan 3, 2015
Root access for apps is now working again. Thanks.

It is same build date and file name but if you download new ROM file with MD5 = 037dcbf9fb2974b650b237c68a26bce4 then reflash (plus gapps) your root (ADB and apps)is now enabled.

Enjoy!

The vanilla android boot animation is very nice too, not considered a bug by me!

Reactions: mackeev