[ROM](7.12.13)MIUI v5 UNIVERSAL (CDMA/GSM)

Search This thread

digitalhigh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
After many requests, I finally sat down and whipped up a UNIVERSAL MIUI installer for both CDMA and GSM versions of the Evo 3D.

The ROM itself is directly based on official weekly builds for CDMA and GSM editions. I have made a few changes to the filesystem (fixed HOSTS from blocking certain sites), added the original camera.apk that was included in initial releases of v5, and threw in a whole bunch of tweaks and extras.

Now, as CDMA is my native device, it will be a little more difficult to test and provide support for GSM. However, official releases have been rock-solid for quite a while now, so there shouldn't be any significant issues.

Below is the link to my CDMA thread. You will find weekly releases and changelogs here. If you require support, please post questions there. It's just easier for me.

Enjoy. :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047911

Last edited:

Domac5

Mar 11, 2012
Croatia
I tried to install this on my evo 3D gsm but it won't boot... I'm stuck in bootloader so I had to restore my old rom

digitalhigh

Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
I tried to install this on my evo 3D gsm but it won't boot... I'm stuck in bootloader so I had to restore my old rom

Hmmm...and herein lies the difficulty of porting for a device you don't have.

So, it's one of several things. On my end, I either borked one of the partitions somewhere (GSM and CDMA use different layouts) or I maybe missed a file difference.

It could also be a hboot/firmware issue. Again, I don't know much about the GSM stuff, but this is based on AOSP JB 4.1.2, so whatever hboot and firmware config works for that should work for this.

I apologize...I will go over the installer again and see if I missed something. If anybody else who's tried this could please report back with your results, it might help me in narrowing down the issue.

Edit: Also updated the OP info to reflect that this needs work yet.

Last edited:

Domac5

Mar 11, 2012
Croatia
problem could be in aroma installer... at the end aroma should ask me do I want reboot but that part show about half second than just disappear and I have to manually reboot from 4ext recovery... I'm using hboot 1.49007 and I was on Yoda's rom before installing MIUI

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
After some updater-script hackery I got it booting,but every app force closes at the initial setup
Pc wouldn't see the device so didn't grab a logcat

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
So...is it too soon to download? Or will it boot?

Yes it's too soon. It'll take you as far as bootloader only. Even if you make it past that, according to heli, apps fc's at initial setup. This is a WIP according to the op so we'll have to wait until he can fix the issue :good:

digitalhigh

Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
WellP, I just went over the files with a fine tooth comb (in this case, the comb being a 3-way folder compare utility), and found a few places where there were libs and configs either doubled up, or missing entirely. Sure this doesn't help with apps running. :eek:

Downloading Cool ICS GSM right now, gonna check out the updater-script/aroma in that and see if I can get some clues as to what I missed. I think between the file fixes and Aroma, this should be working shortly.

digitalhigh

Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
I took META-INF from a random rom of mine,edited updater-script to flash also /data,and unpacked the contents of DH/gsm into system

Well, I found two points where I had two calls to the FS optimizations one above the other, and I changed the partition number for the first line but didn't see it in the second. That prolly messed all kinds of stuff up. I also excluded the first part of the app selection menu, which was the cause of the customize.prop not being present. The new upload should be done in about 20 minutes...

Reactions: dr_jerremy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After many requests, I finally sat down and whipped up a UNIVERSAL MIUI installer for both CDMA and GSM versions of the Evo 3D.

The ROM itself is directly based on official weekly builds for CDMA and GSM editions. I have made a few changes to the filesystem (fixed HOSTS from blocking certain sites), added the original camera.apk that was included in initial releases of v5, and threw in a whole bunch of tweaks and extras.

Now, as CDMA is my native device, it will be a little more difficult to test and provide support for GSM. However, official releases have been rock-solid for quite a while now, so there shouldn't be any significant issues.

Below is the link to my CDMA thread. You will find weekly releases and changelogs here. If you require support, please post questions there. It's just easier for me.

Enjoy. :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047911

Was crazy busy this weekend...might have some time tomorrow evening to figure out the issue. Sorry.
    Okay gang...this week's build is uploaded. I *think* I figured out the issue with the installer...if someone could please test flash and let me know, that would be great.
    Worst battery life ever!

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

Hey, allright! As was pointed out...thank you for a truly useless and nondescript post. Nothing makes me want to help more than someone being both rude and unhelpful. What kernel are you using? What governor settings? Screen brightness? How about background apps?

Mind you...I now own the HTC One, so if this ROM is released again, it will be done solely because I feel like being nice. Nothing motivates that more than someone being...well...a ****.

If you want help...provide useful information. Otherwise, piss off. Thank you.