• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7/4/2011] Liberty S(GingerSense 2.3.3) 4th of July BBQ Special(WildfireS/Salsa)

Search This thread

drowningchild

Jul 29, 2010
West Allis,Wisconsin
A direct port of the Wildfire S rom(not using legend or espresso base)
Using my kernel(speed)

WiFi Working :)
Camera/Accelerometer WORKING
BT NOT WORKING?
FM Radio NOT working on Salsa but WORKING on Wildfire S
HTC hub skins DO NOT download on Wildfire S but DO download on Salsa

I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST A FULL WIPE
BBQ Special Wildfire S
http://www.mediafire.com/file/55g7g28kbf01hc5/LibertyS_BBQ_Special.zip

Side of Pico De Gallo Salsa
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m57l7sufq44u7c1/PIcoDeGallo.zip

Going out with a little bang with my last week with the Liberty :D

post other bugs below ;)

Last edited:

drowningchild

Jul 29, 2010
West Allis,Wisconsin
if some awesome phone comes out in the coming months, ill have this phone back, i get 2 upgrades this month(mine & my girls) and i'm getting the infuse,she wants it too but i said to wait with the 2nd upgrade ;)
and ill still get to tinker every once & awhile :)
if i can get camera(right it actually does take pix just BLUE just no preview) & gsensor working it'll be this rom being worked on

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
OnePlus 8T
if some awesome phone comes out in the coming months, ill have this phone back, i get 2 upgrades this month(mine & my girls) and i'm getting the infuse,she wants it too but i said to wait with the 2nd upgrade ;)
and ill still get to tinker every once & awhile :)
if i can get camera(right it actually does take pix just BLUE just no preview) & gsensor working it'll be this rom being worked on

Hey drowning... You may want to double check your rom. XD I got no capacitive buttons right now. I can fix myself, but others may not understand. But wifi working is absolutely beautiful.

Reactions: drowningchild

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
OnePlus 8T
usb mounting doesnt work either :(
more BS i need help :'(
I think I may have a few HW fixes, but not sure yet. Could be a boot loop. Lets find out! :D

Btw to all who use this: When you hit shutdown, but your going into HBOOT for Recovery, make sure to take the battery out before you try. It tends to try to Hot Restart itself when you dont take the battery out.

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
OnePlus 8T
mine shutsdown fine
i have hibernate mode off though
That could be why! No idea how to nail it, but not worried about it. Gotta worry about this HW. Which I just got stuck at splash screen with. Stuck on Flushing Chain part. Gonna try a complete wipe. Nope. That didn't work either. Okkayyyyy... What the heck did I change!

Last edited:

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
I think I may have a few HW fixes, but not sure yet. Could be a boot loop. Lets find out! :D

Btw to all who use this: When you hit shutdown, but your going into HBOOT for Recovery, make sure to take the battery out before you try. It tends to try to Hot Restart itself when you dont take the battery out.

Yeah! I noticed that. Another way to get around that without taking the battery out is to uncheck the Fastboot under the Power settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A direct port of the Wildfire S rom(not using legend or espresso base)
    Using my kernel(speed)

WiFi Working :)
    Camera/Accelerometer WORKING
    BT NOT WORKING?
    FM Radio NOT working on Salsa but WORKING on Wildfire S
    HTC hub skins DO NOT download on Wildfire S but DO download on Salsa

I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST A FULL WIPE
    BBQ Special Wildfire S
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/55g7g28kbf01hc5/LibertyS_BBQ_Special.zip

Side of Pico De Gallo Salsa

Going out with a little bang with my last week with the Liberty :D

post other bugs below ;)
    Drowning already said he's taken it as far as he can, he builds Kernels not roms. He ported this (through Android Kitchen no doubt) and got it to boot for us. Its 90% as is, but we will need to recruit a more experienced dev to iron out the issues we're currently having. Really wish I knew more, I would gladly work on this. Unfortunately, I'm a very Noob level when it comes to roms, I'm gonna try my hand at writing some apps first.
    I used kitchen to unpack the boot.img and make an update.zip :p

FM radio is non working because of bluetooth issues, if i knew what what the specific issue in the rom was, I would fix it ;)

I am pulling in some commits for new kernel right now :D
    https://github.com/drowningchild/htc-kernel-msm7227-exp
    i would suggest using cm7
    unless someone could overtake this project(start a new thread but give credit where credit is due ;))
    I do not have enough time with the aria to develop this rom, and for that I am truly sorry :(
    ive added my paypal donation, right above my avatar, for those who would like to thank me for my work :D

I would update to a newer kernel but there hasnt been much change(that ive seen @ least) in some kernels that i based the tweaks of mine on :'(

I am continuing on with the Infuse, a phone i recommend to people here, beautiful screen, sound , & cameras
    Development is slow for now(waiting for rogers in canada to drop gingerbread version)

Thank you every one for appreciating all the work ive done :D
    FWIW, I flashed this with the kernel from my AriaLiberated_2.2.2 and the ramdisk as-is and my matching bcm4329.ko and bluetooth and FM both work fine.
    Alpharevx is what you need for s-off, unrevoked just roots and installs cwm 2.5 by default, unless you choose a custom recovery to install, as of right now i believe.
    bump with link :D