Virtuous Doubleshot is a port of the ROM from the MyTouch 4G Slide, which features a custom version of Sense 3.0. It is based on the final/official base (Doubleshot_TMOUS_1.01.531.1). The custom Sense variant featured in this ROM is called Espresso, which is quite different visually from standard Sense UI. Additionally, the MT4G Slide is a WVGA device, meaning no re-sizing was needed.
- Based on the official MyTouch 4G Slide shipping ROM (Doubleshot_TMOUS_1.01.531.1).
- Native rotating Rosie (launcher) support. (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
- Ported for full functionality on each supported device.
- Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
- Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
- Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
- Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
- WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).
- Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
- Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
- Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
- Desire HD
- Desire Z / T-Mobile G2
Virtuous Doubleshot, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.
- For Vision users, the DesireZ hboot is REQUIRED. I have written a guide for G2 users who need to make this transition.
- If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.
- You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
- Disconnect your USB cable prior to the first boot, otherwise the Market apps do not install. This is because the default USB connection mode is "Disk Drive". We will resolve this issue in a future release.
(Please remember to hit the "Thanks" button if you download the ROM)