[ROM][7/7/2012] AOKP KF Edition Milestone 6

Search This thread

linktohack

Apr 21, 2012
Or just flash the latest Kernel from Hash code.

Gửi từ Kindle Lửa của tôi qua Tapatalk 2

Mark930

Mar 31, 2011
The past few days my kindle fire has gotten really slow to the point where its about 5 to 10 second delay from when i tap or swipe after I restart the fire it works fine for a while and becomes slow again sometimes right away or sometimes after a few hours I have gotten a few errors like "system UI stopped responding" not sure if there related.

Any suggestions to fix this?

tazfanatic

Apr 4, 2011
Brockton, MA
Google Pixel 6
The past few days my kindle fire has gotten really slow to the point where its about 5 to 10 second delay from when i tap or swipe after I restart the fire it works fine for a while and becomes slow again sometimes right away or sometimes after a few hours I have gotten a few errors like "system UI stopped responding" not sure if there related.

Any suggestions to fix this?

sounds like a rogue app causing memory drain. freeze or uninstall some apps that you don't use on a regular bases. if you have installed or updated recently try those first.

Mark930

Mar 31, 2011
I tried deleting some newly installed apps now i got a strange battery problem. Its been on the charger since i got home from work then it gave me a low battery warning while it was charging when it was at least 30% when i plugged it in it went down to 4%. the kindle was a lot hotter then it should have been so i restarted and it has been charging very very slowly so i tried wiping cache and it still charging very slowly. Should I reflash the rom?

VaksenDK

Apr 17, 2012
Frederiksberg
I know that it is frown upon to ask for ETAs, but is it okay to ask whether lithium76 plans on keep doing these AOKP builds for our Kindle Fire at all, or if we should switch to the new official builds?

Last edited:

imtoomuch

Dec 28, 2011
Phoenixville
I hope lithium maintains this ROM!!! It's my favorite to date.

What is the default launcher that comes with this theme? Thanks.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

lelandfried

Mar 10, 2011
Visalia
www.lelandfried.com
What is the default launcher that comes with this theme? Thanks.

Trebuchet

Is there an Alt-Boot version of this ROM for those of us running Dual-Boot?

I want to run this and MoDaCo, but it doesn't appear that either one has an Alt-Boot version. So right now I have this as my main, and my Alt is a version of the stock ROM that has twice-so-far bricked me and I had to factory reset.

Reactions: imtoomuch

imtoomuch

Dec 28, 2011
Phoenixville
Trebuchet

Is there an Alt-Boot version of this ROM for those of us running Dual-Boot?

I want to run this and MoDaCo, but it doesn't appear that either one has an Alt-Boot version. So right now I have this as my main, and my Alt is a version of the stock ROM that has twice-so-far bricked me and I had to factory reset.

Thanks. I didn't realize Trebuchet could have a dock.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

0xD34D

Feb 7, 2009
San Diego
I'm back!!!

Since AOKP have decided to no longer support our device, I decided to get back in action with my customized version. So I present to you Milestone 6 with my usual changes. Once they release Milestone 6 to the masses I'll update the OP with the latest change log. In the meantime, enjoy this new release!

L!TH!UM aka |0xD34D|

pbailey212

Apr 12, 2011
Since AOKP have decided to no longer support our device, I decided to get back in action with my customized version. So I present to you Milestone 6 with my usual changes. Once they release Milestone 6 to the masses I'll update the OP with the latest change log. In the meantime, enjoy this new release!

L!TH!UM aka |0xD34D|

I didn't realize you were OxD34D on goo. Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VaksenDK

Apr 17, 2012
Frederiksberg

L!TH!UM aka |0xD34D|
OMG! That's like the greatest news ever. I haven't updated my KF since your last AOKP build (36 I believe), as it was running really stable and fast and there seemed to be all kinds of weird issues with the later official builds.

I can't wait to get home and install today.

Expect a donation, as soon as I have milestone 6 running om my Kindle Fire.

Oh yes, this weekend turned out to be a really fine one. Yesterday a Danish tennis player won the Wimbledon for the first time ever, and today my Kindle Fire gets the finest AOKP Milestone 6 build there is. And the sun is shining.

Last edited:

Ectoplasmic

Dec 4, 2011
Do I need to do a data wipe if coming from the AOKP otter ROM? I'd rather not have to reregister and reinstall everything, again.

rorogio

Oct 11, 2006
Do I need to do a data wipe if coming from the AOKP otter ROM? I'd rather not have to reregister and reinstall everything, again.

there's no need to be afraid of wiping data, if you have TWRP and Titanium Backup Pro:
- just backup in TWRP
- install new ROM, wiping all but sdcard
- install titanium, and use "Extract from nandroid" option, and choose to restore app and/or data of al the programs you need
- enjoy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team-Kang.jpg

I present to you AOKP for the Kindle Fire
    Milestone 6

Let me start off by giving thanks to some people that have made this possible.
    Team Kang:
    Roman
    Whitehawkx
    Zaphod-Beeble
    Jonathon Grigg
    ProTekk
    Khas Mek
    sethyx

And a big thanks to Hashcode who has made a 3.0 kernel for this great piece of hardware!

Major changes since Milestone 5
    • Removed FB sync
    • Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notifications (Mms)
    • Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
    • Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
    • Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default) -- read instructions in ROM Control >
    • General > Boot sound
    • added delayed ring feature to Phone
    • added Emoji to Mms (enable in Mms settings)
    • added AOKP wallpapers app
    • added USB tether toggle,
    • added AOKP clock widgets
    • added notification counters
    • new boot animation
    • added nav bar widgets (must add nav bar widgets button/long press button in nav bar settings and add some widgets to play with!)
    • added AOKP stats (www.stats.aokp.co) -- you can opt out
    • added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds -- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds, so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
    • improved weather code
    • added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout Android
    • added hardware info in about screen
    • added new music layout to lockscreen (you can choose between old and new)
    • added nfc toggle
    • added nfc polling settings (Settings > More > NFC polling mode)
    • made lockscreen weather prettier
    • fixed DRM issues
    You can find more info about ALL the changes at http://rootzwiki.com/topic/29314-milestone-6/

So what makes this build different from the stock (no longer supported) ROM? Well here's a list of features I've added:

System UI
    • Added volume slider w/mute to the status bar settings panel for quick access to system volume level
    • Added a screenshot button, which can be enabled in ROM Control, to allow quick access taking a screenshot of current screen.

Trebuchet
    • Added an easy access settings button at top right of home screen
    • Added dual docks - now you can use up some of that empty space by placing apps and shortcuts into these two docks for quick access to these apps on any home screen

ROM Control
    • Added screenshot button which can be added to the navbar buttons
    • Added settings for changing location of the volume slider in the stats bar settings panel

At this time I have not found any issues with the ROM. If you find a problem/issue/bug please let me know what it is and how to re-create the problem. Working with the source is far easier than the work I have done with MIUI so I have much more control over the issues.

files
    AOKP for Kindle Fire - Milestone 6
    gapps
    Wasn't tying to be a smartass. I was trying tosee if the devs would be willing to work together on this rom the way hash is working with other kernel devs...
    In no way was I complaining or being a jerk.. Thanks for your wonderful assumption and quick response/attack however it was meant

Thank for a quick and logical answer, I was just wondering if collaboration would work to keep things up to date and further advance.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

I'm all for working with others. The problem I have had is that I see people putting out these ROMs but not really fixing issues or making it functional for the hardware it is running on. That was my motivation for building AOKP myself and share it with others.

I see people doing this sort of thing where they port a rom or get something working on another device and leave it at that (not saying that's the case for the other AOKP roms). I understand that is a logical first step, but I like to code and if I can fix problems and add useful functionality I will do so.
    I'm back!!!

L!TH!UM aka |0xD34D|
    I do read. I read one guy says:

Then another guy says:

Then another guy is saying not to download the one from AOKP since it does't run on "our" Kindles.

I've not a clue what he's referring to when he says "Our" Kindles.

And then I read:

And again, I don't know what he means by it's not the same rom as ours.

So before you start mouthing off, perhaps you might like instead to help a person who is confused by all the posts above, and doesn't understand whether or not I can installed the AOKP milestone 5 successfully, particularly if I don't care about having a modified kernel I keep reading about.

To clarify, AOKP merged the old 2.6 kernel based device tree into their sources. It has not been maintained or updated since then. I'm sure you could actually make their M5 build work by flashing back to a 2.6 kernel and then applying the official AOKP build. But there also might be bugs, etc.

A few more bugfixes and I will get the new device tree merged into AOKP for "official" support of the 3.0 kernel based build. At which point we would be able to grab official builds such as this and go crazy flashing.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
    How is this one different than the other two aokp that have to 3.0 kernel? Is it just the tweaks you made? Maybe you and the other 2 op should get together and get an official aokp going for the kindle

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

Official support for the 3.0 kernel version of the Kindle Fire won't happen until the new kernel is in a more final state.

In the meantime, the community is going to rely on devs to produce up-to-date builds using the latest sources.

Just tossing that out there for what its worth.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA