Based on Lineage OS with extra goodies
ROM dedicated to the Honor 8 community
- Pixel look and feel.
- OMS-rootless (theme engine) Supported. Install Substratum from Play Store.
- OTA support
- Google Assistant
- LineageOS 14.1 - all mods and features
- StatusBar: Network Traffic
- StatusBar: SU icon toggle
- StatusBar: Ticker
- StatusBar: Hide/Show icons
- StatusBar: Hide/Show data activity arrows
- StatusBar: BatteryBar customizations
- StatusBar: Date customizations
- StatusBar: Battery styles
- StatusBar: Tap to Sleep
- StatusBar: Clock styles
- StatusBar: Custom logo customizations
- QuickSettings: QS Header image customizations
- QuickSettings: Weather tile integration and customizations
- QuickSettings: Tiles customization
- QuickSettings: Brightness slider toggle
- QuickSettings: Optional brightness icon
- QuickSettings: Vibrate on Touch
- QuickSettings: WiFi easy toggle
- QuickSettings: Bluetooth easy toggle
- QuickSettings: Data easy toggle
- QuickSettings: Location easy toggle
- Navigation: Toggle navbar
- Navigation: PIE navigation
- Navigation: DUI - SmartBar / Fling Toggle, animations and customizations (+ One Hand mode)
- Navigation: Dynamic Nav Bar Color
- Navigation: Pulse - smart visualization
- Notifications: Power notification controls
- Notifications: Force expanded notifications
- Notifications: Toggle immersive mode messages
- Notifications: Breathing notifications
- Notifications: Headsup Snooze
- Notifications: Headsup Timeout customization
- Display: Ambient Display customizations
- Display: Transparency Customizations
- Display: Blur Personalizations
- Display: Expanded Desktop Customizations
- Display: Scroll Animation Customizations
- LockScreen: Screen shortcuts
- LockScreen: Weather display
- LockScreen: Toggle longpress for screen shortcuts
- LockScreen: Swipe shortcuts
- LockScreen: Toggle media cover art
- LockScreen: Toggle clock
- LockScreen: Toggle date
- LockScreen: Toggle alarm
- LockScreen: Toggle status bar
- LockScreen: Tap to sleep
- LockScreen: Toggle longpress torch
- LockScreen: Cutomize number of notifications
- LockScreen: Toggle power menu for secure lockscreen
- LockScreen: Toggle quick settings access and hide swipe shortcuts for secure lockscreen
- Powermenu: On-the-go mode - camera overlay.
- Recents: Immersive Recents
- Recents: Hidden apps
- Recents: Toggle OmniSwitch as default Recent view
- Recents: Toggle Slim Recents as default Recent view
- Sound: Charging Sounds customization
- Sound: Toggle screenshot sound
- Sound: Live customization for number of volume steps
- Sound: Less frequent notification sounds
- Sound: DND customizations
- Animations Customization for Toast, System, etc.
- Miscellaneous: Clock Widget
- Miscellaneous: Wakelock Blocker (experimental)
- Miscellaneous: Partial / Full screenshot selection option
- Miscellaneous: Toggle suggestions on Settings dashboard
- Miscellaneous: Toggle summaries in Settings
- Miscellaneous: Toggle auto-start music player on headset detection
- Miscellaneous: Show CPU info overlay
- Miscellaneous: Disable Force Close notifications
- Settings/Sound: Increasing Ringtone
- 15 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop and Sync.
- Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
- Default sounds from latest Nexus image.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- ART Optimizations
Probably every major feature is working including NFC, WiFi, RIL, Audio, FPS, Sensors, etc.
What's not working:
- Encryption - stock encryption unsupported as of now
- Other 'untested' things - the more you test the more bugs I can add
crDroid Android v3.7 (2017-08-21): Click here! md5sum: b22dd9bdb2814dda164e0a5dc2cc9d91
GApps: I recommend using Open GApps. Go to their website: http://opengapps.org. Select ARM64 > Android 7.1 > Variant of your choice (I like micro) and hit that download button.
- Grab the ROM zip file. Use the above download link to get it.
- Download the GApps package.
- Make sure you're on Lineage OS or any other LOS based ROM prior to flashing.
- Backup any important data prior to flashing.
- Reboot your device to TWRP and perform a full Factory Reset.
- Flash the ROM zip file and if you're planning to use GApps, flash them instantly after flashing the zip.
- Reboot to system from TWRP and enjoy.
- A huge shoutout to OpenKirin (@XePeleato, @surdu_petru, @OldDroid) for their immense hard work to setup the extraordinary build repositories.
- The crDroid team for bringing you this ROM.
- You for testing the ROM, hitting that Thanks button and for reporting bugs.
crDroid Android, ROM for the Honor 8
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Firmware Required: Stock EMUI 5.X
Based On: LOS-14
Last Updated 2018-01-24