LineageOS 14.1
Android 7.x
[#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSLOS]

[#KANGERS]

[#WARRANTY]

[#INFOLOS]

Downloads:
Please use latest espresso-common TWRP to flash this rom, you can find it here.
(Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery!)

Unofficial builds by me:
[#DLGITHUBIO]

Extras:
su (arm)
su removal (arm)

Important notes:
Why does the initial boot take so long?!
- I had to sacrifice dexpreopt because of wifi issues while it was enabled. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes. I also suggest to wait some minutes before running the SetupWizard if you use Gapps.

My RIL doesn't work, i don't get mobile data!
Sorry guys, some of you tried to force me to release Nougat Roms (and here we are) even if i haven't solved known bugs like RIL issues. Source is open for everyone, feel free to fix it yourself.

Support development
[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
[unified] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
Android-Andi, Ziyan
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-24
Last Updated 2017-08-24

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Reserved

Screenshots for screamer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170823-210335.png
    Screenshot_20170823-210335.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 23,249
  • Screenshot_20170823-210541.jpg
    Screenshot_20170823-210541.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 23,506
  • Screenshot_20170823-212413.png
    Screenshot_20170823-212413.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 23,706
Last edited:

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

To have SuperSU you need:
1. install addonsu-13.0-arm.zip
or
2. install addonsu14.1-arm-signed.zip
or
3. Do not install anything, already included in the ROM?
It's in the OP under extras. Guess what: the SU add-on for LOS 13 won't work on LOS 14, thus the new link in OP

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

@Android-Andi thanks again for your effort and providing this ROM to us!

Last edited:

ginore

Feb 15, 2015
Mantova
It's in the OP under extras. Guess what: the SU add-on for LOS 13 won't work on LOS 14, thus the new link in OP

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

@Android-Andi thanks again for your effort and providing this ROM to us!

Thank you, but the link in OP download addonsu-13.0-arm ...........
Extras:
su (arm) -----------------------> addonsu-13.0-arm
su removal (arm)

Last edited:

Lightracer

May 28, 2016
*_* its bootiful
Too bad RIL is never gona be fixed, its the only dealbreaker that prevents me from jumping ship from 13->14 :(

utfluc

Jan 25, 2011
Buenos Aires
*_* its bootiful
Too bad RIL is never gona be fixed, its the only dealbreaker that prevents me from jumping ship from 13->14 :(

Perhaps you didn't noticed, but besides your grateful expression there's another that can be interpreted as a complain to the project, and thus to the dev. Please, don't stress the situation any more, the only thing stopping you to upgrade to 14 is your lack of knowledge to fix the issue, it's not Andi's fault, he is doing nothing but progress here, maybe you could make some too.

Lightracer

May 28, 2016
Woah hey calm down guys ?
I read the OP and just expressed my remarks ok. Pls I'm not a troll

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

so post some logs, then its possible to fix;)
I can't, I'm a student. I need it to be reliable at all times. All my projects are saved in this tab and I don't have time to troubleshoot.

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
I saw your post of LineageOS 14.1 on XDA when I was in school... I was so excited to get home to test it...
I tested it on GT-P3113, 100% stable, 100% fast, no errors.

Awesome work! :) Thanks, @Android-Andi :)

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

wow it is out already, thanks android-andi. can someone please tell me the bugs in this rom so far?

I haven't found any

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 2, 2016
Petrer
Awesome work, all works fine, camera works but the image is rotated to right but nevermind because I not use the camera in my Tab, thanks for the N ROMs

bopolsz

Jul 30, 2013
Legazpi
Realme GT
Don't let that idiot ruin your day Andi, you have powered my Tab 2 since KitKat if I remember correctly and I really appreciate it. I had a Nexus 5, and now a Redmi Note 3 but I still keep my Tab 2 for media purposes. It feels so good that my old device is still kicking and rocking Nougat and some newer devices are still on marshmallow. Thank you Andi.

I've never seen a developer like you even on the Nexus 5 thread or the Redmi Note 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1
    Android 7.x
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSLOS]

[#KANGERS]

[#WARRANTY]

[#INFOLOS]

Downloads:
    Please use latest espresso-common TWRP to flash this rom, you can find it here.
    (Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery!)

Unofficial builds by me:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

Extras:
    su (arm)
    su removal (arm)

Important notes:
    Why does the initial boot take so long?!
    - I had to sacrifice dexpreopt because of wifi issues while it was enabled. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes. I also suggest to wait some minutes before running the SetupWizard if you use Gapps.

My RIL doesn't work, i don't get mobile data!
    Sorry guys, some of you tried to force me to release Nougat Roms (and here we are) even if i haven't solved known bugs like RIL issues. Source is open for everyone, feel free to fix it yourself.

Support development
    [#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-24
    Last Updated 2017-08-24
    Why should I? I don't have to request, I would only have to give the "go" which I don't. I am not focusing on N after the LineageOS 13 thread story.

I'd only add a device official if I would have enough time and fun on maintaining it. Since there's no device changes ATM there's no need to have an official build anyway.

That's just the thing, Andi. If you don't have the time and it's not fun for you, then take the time needed at your convience. I would rather wait the extra time for when you have time to work on it, and it still be fun for you to do. I never want to pressure anyone to do something or finalize or say 'its a go for release' until that person personally feels it's time. Remember, Andi does this USUALLY for his own reasons. He doesnt HAVE to do any of this, he chooses to do this in his spare time as a personal challenge of what can be done with tablets of the age of ours, seeing how far he can push the limits to keep them as current as he can. If I had more money to be able to, I would gladly contribute to the cause, but being on a fixed income with a disabled wife, it's tight here for me to do so, so I just keep watching for updates and information that is posted when he has time to do so, and I don't complain about it. Remember all the griping about cm13/LOS 13.. when will it be out, why cant we do this or that, when will this bug be fixed.. It causes more headaches, and tends to tick people off when you get demanding about things. Just post your issues you are having, along with a log file, and ask NICELY, if he could look into the issue (if it hasn't already been addressed), then be patient and perhaps he will get back to you about it. He owes us nothing, everyone. He CHOOSES to do this. And I personally thank Andi for all that he has done over these many years. I look forward to the day that the final comes out, but until then, I will keep quiet, post any issues I find so that it gives Andi feedback on what we, as the users of his works, find acting up, so that if and when he has time to investigate the issues, he has some reference material of what was observed and some logs to help identify the problem. Don't mean to preach to everyone, just want to make sure everyone just takes a moment to reflect on this and remember, Andi's human (oops, was I supposed to say that, Andi lol). Thanks again, Andi for everything you have helped contribute to this wonderful tablet of ours.

Greywolf
    I have a working version for espresso3g but I don't share because I will be out of Android and XDA soon, also it's only working with an ugly workaround. Private life changed and things are quite complicated...
    Reserved

Screenshots for screamer
    Camera fixed, builds uploaded. Haven't had time to test espresso3g myself but some blind try to fix RIL. You'll let me know if it works or still not.