[ROM][7.x][unified] OmniROM

Search This thread

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
https%3A%2F%2Fomnirom.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F11%2Fomnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

OmniROM
Android 7.x
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unified)

[#WHATSOMNI]

[#WARRANTY]

Downloads:
[#DLGITHUBIO]

TWRP with hardware decryption support can be found here

[#INFOOMNI]

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
[unified] OmniROM 7.x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
Android-Andi, Ziyan
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-18
Last Updated 2017-08-18

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
Thanks for your work. IDK if it is really useful to setup jenkins as you will probably use official one soon but just for my mental health:
Code:
awk: line 1: syntax error at or near ,
[snip]
cat: vendor/samsung/tuna/NOTICE: Is a directory
build/core/notice_files.mk:71: recipe for target '/var/jenkins_home/workspace/omni/out/target/product/maguro/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/vendor/lib/libfrsdk.so.txt' failed
make: *** [/var/jenkins_home/workspace/omni/out/target/product/maguro/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/vendor/lib/libfrsdk.so.txt] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file '/var/jenkins_home/workspace/omni/out/target/product/maguro/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//system/vendor/lib/libfrsdk.so.txt'
Why does it add '.txt' near the filename?
I was able to find the target into vendor/samsung (obviously without .txt)
Here is the manifest and as you already know am picking all the open commits to build maguro.
Any advices?

P.S.: leo build find on the same host.

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
And yeah, once I got some feedback here I'll try to get official weekly builds.

I know most user love Lineage, but I think Omni is one of the most interesting ROMs with a lot of own features (most other ROMs are a collection of features from many roms without own features).

I'll watch the Download count on all ROMs I provide and check which ROMs are worth to compile and which aren't.

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
Reactions: Android-Andi

chinojuice

Sep 24, 2010
"phone.android.com" error message pops up for me every 2 seconds after booting. Went to another ROM for a couple days then reflash Omni but still the same problem. Just me?

Aug 5, 2016
This maybe isn't the right forum, but what is the overall state of options right now for maguro? I have encrypted storage, and 1) the TWRP version from here, while it sometimes can mount storage (necessary if I want a full install of a new ROM, and not a sideload) more often than not fails to mount storage, and reboots into the OS when trying; 2) I have the last nightly from CM-13 from last year, and it's not very stable.

Is there a version of TWRP that works better than the custom version 3.0.0 that ziyan released for maguro last year?
If so, is the L-OS from here more feature-rich/stable than the one at the official site for Lineage?
Is the Omni-OS you have here more feature-rich/stable than the current L-OS?

If I really like having a slim-ish AOSP OS (ie, stock android with extra features, but stable on maguro), what would be my best option?

Cheers,

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
This maybe isn't the right forum, but what is the overall state of options right now for maguro?
Right, this is Development Thread for OmniRom and not a general Question&A Thread
I have encrypted storage, and 1) the TWRP version from here, while it sometimes can mount storage (necessary if I want a full install of a new ROM, and not a sideload) more often than not fails to mount storage, and reboots into the OS when trying; 2) I have the last nightly from CM-13 from last year, and it's not very stable.

Is there a version of TWRP that works better than the custom version 3.0.0 that ziyan released for maguro last year?

You should read last pages of https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/development/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-touch-recovery-t1592689 and find a newer one from some days ago.

If so, is the L-OS from here more feature-rich/stable than the one at the official site for Lineage?
Here's no L-OS, wrong Thread

Is the Omni-OS you have here more feature-rich/stable than the current L-OS?
Omni has a lot of features, idk if a lot like Lineage, but definitely enough extras.
If I really like having a slim-ish AOSP OS (ie, stock android with extra features, but stable on maguro), what would be my best option?
Cheers,
You'll have to find out yourself which rom fits to your needs.

Reactions: bamtan2 and nailyk

bamtan2

Mar 15, 2012
This maybe isn't the right forum, but what is the overall state of options right now for maguro?

Andi and ziyan are right now maintaining unlegacy, omnirom, and to a lesser extent lineage. Others are building other roms too. It would be simplest for you to dirty flash lineage 13 over cm13 (wipe cache as suggested in twrp) and hope it works. If it doesn't work, you can wipe and try unlegacy because that is the simplest AOSP rom like you asked for.

Some people think android 6 works better than 7. I think 5 works better than both. Some people think 4.4 works better than all three ;) I honestly can't tell what you'd think after testing them all.

Definitely get the newest test build of twrp as Andi mentioned! Good luck!

Aug 5, 2016
Andi and ziyan are right now maintaining unlegacy, omnirom, and to a lesser extent lineage.

Since Andi rightly pointed out that I am in the wrong thread, I'll reply here and then butt out

Definitely get the newest test build of twrp as Andi mentioned! Good luck!

Installed the latest TWRP recovery. Holy crap, it mounts encrypted storage, and now I can dirty-flash LineageOS from the nightlies. Did so, and everything is working great!

Thanks both/all for the great advice. You people are doing Heaven's work.

<3

Reactions: bamtan2

hauckk@sfreserves.org

Jul 1, 2016
colorado springs
im having problems com.android.phone crashes every time the phone boots on this rom i am on latest radio and bootloader and am using twrp 3.1.1.0 and did a clean flash i have no sim card in my device if that matters im using super su 2.82 sr3 for root if that matters also i dont have xposed installed either im not sure what the problem is? any ideas?
ps
se linux is enforcing and i am on the 8/27/17 build and my phone is a toro

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts