[ROM][7.x][unified] Slim7

Search This thread

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
@Android-Andi any slight chance for a 2020 corona build? :fingers-crossed:

I'm seeking for a rom with recent security patch level to have my device running for once another year :victory:
No. Corona only makes trouble for me and I am not getting more time because of that... I am working as a medical assistant and don't have much time... Less time than I had before.

But hey: if you have time it's the best time to start learning how to compile a Rom yourself. There's a lot of tutorials out for it.

Dec 14, 2019
No. Corona only makes trouble for me and I am not getting more time because of that... I am working as a medical assistant and don't have much time... Less time than I had before.

But hey: if you have time it's the best time to start learning how to compile a Rom yourself. There's a lot of tutorials out for it.

Good to hear you have useful things to do in this troublesome times where many people are just more or less locked up. I wish you the best - specially strong health - many people depend on your work (always but in this times it's more obvious for people on planet earth :eek: )

I will try to figure out where to continue with building a recent rom. Sadly I have some harsh limitations (namely metered network and limited horsepower, 800MHz in detail :p ). Anyway I have good hope that someone can hook up automatic builds as the rom is "feature complete" and just security patches need to get merged - if I'm right :confused:

See you around :fingers-crossed:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Will be uploaded soon.

If you like to say "Thanks" you can simply hit the Thanks-Button or you can help to make my stepdaughter happy by a donation:
I am currently saving money to buy a new sandpit for her as all playgrounds are currently closed and our current sandpit is broken everywhere...

Screenshot_20200422-080307.jpg

Last edited:

c00Ln00B

Jan 12, 2011
Camera not working on build 2020-04

Hey @Android-Andi,

Thank you very very much for your effort und your time to give us new and updated versions of Android and for providing new builds with security updates for the superold Galaxy Nexus.
I don't wanna complain, but just meant to say two things.
1. Camera app is not working. It doesn't connect to the camera device and crashes.
This problem is NOT present on the updated OMNI Rom for Galaxy Nexus.
UPDATE: It is also present on updated OMNI ROM, but I found the culprit or at least a possible problem.
When installing the ROM and booting up WITHOUT installing GApps, the camera works.
However, after installing GApps then the camera app won't launch, or is not connecting to the camera anymore.
So installing GApps changes something in the camera configuration ? Can that be ?
Is there any workaround for that ? That's the GApps package I installed...
open-gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20200505

Maybe someone could help me what to do. It would be cool to have an updated rom, a working camera AND gapps / Play Store.

2. SMS App is missing. No problem to install Google Messages, still meant to tell you.

Thank you again.
Cheers

Will be uploaded soon.

If you like to say "Thanks" you can simply hit the Thanks-Button or you can help to make my stepdaughter happy by a donation:
I am currently saving money to buy a new sandpit for her as all playgrounds are currently closed and our current sandpit is broken everywhere...

View attachment 5001069

Last edited:
Reactions: Android-Andi

c00Ln00B

Jan 12, 2011
possibly GAPPS incompatible ?

Thank you so much.
I updated my post above.
Seems that the GApps mess around with camera configuration and make the camera unusable.
Maybe you could have a look into that if you find some time someday.

Thanks for the report, I'll check if I find time again for Android.

apoc [t.i.m.]

Aug 16, 2012
I thought I could'nt get past the boot logo (wait a while longer)

I installed the latest zip (Slim_tuna-7.1.2-20200421-2217.zip) on my Nexus (GT-i9250 Maguro/Tuna) using TWRP (twrp-3.1.1-0-maguro-decrypt-lzma.img)

Steps taken:
  1. Put them on your sdcard
  2. Boot to recovery
  3. Factory reset and wipe data, system, cache, and dalvik
  4. Flash ROM
  5. (Flash OpenGapps ; used pico because nano would'nt fit and wiped cache/dalvik)
  6. Reboot, setup and enjoy =-> but I keep seeing the bootlogo (coloured 'S')

Then be really patient, because it does take a real long time to get back into your phone the 1st time, well at least on my Nexus it took about 10-15minutes or so.
=> BUT you will ;-p Just go eat or drink something, go to the toilet whatever and you'll be fine hahaha

Thank you very much, I revived my old Nexus for my little daughter :good:

Dec 14, 2019
I installed the latest zip (Slim_tuna-7.1.2-20200421-2217.zip) on my Nexus (GT-i9250 Maguro/Tuna) using TWRP (twrp-3.1.1-0-maguro-decrypt-lzma.img)

Steps taken:
  1. Put them on your sdcard
  2. Boot to recovery
  3. Factory reset and wipe data, system, cache, and dalvik
  4. Flash ROM
  5. (Flash OpenGapps ; used pico because nano would'nt fit and wiped cache/dalvik)
  6. Reboot, setup and enjoy =-> but I keep seeing the bootlogo (coloured 'S')

Almost anything done right. Just one more hint for even more pleasure (and free freedom as in free beer) don't install gapps*! You can use F-Droid to get your stuff

*longer battery live included™

Reactions: apoc [t.i.m.]

Firerouge

Jan 1, 2012
Thank you for all your hard work keeping such an old phone useable.

Wanted to put a warning out about enabling encryption though, it seems that an otherwise stock flash of version 7.1.2-20200421 will still cause a loop at the google logo bootloader after enabling encryption.

Does the Encryption work for you guys?
I am on the newest Version and everytime I try to activate the Encryption I just get an bootloop and have to reinstall the system.
Although I am quite sure that it already worked an year or so back with, I believe, Slim7 too.

I haven't taken logs for it, but it seems to fail before actually encrypting any data, you never see the encryption process, and the boot hangs on the unlock & google logo with the recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-toro-decrypt-lzma still functioning without a pin/pass.

Simply clearing data & reflashing the system won't fix it, you'll have to use the confirmation requiring format all data option to disable the 'encryption', and for my case followed by ADB sideloading the Slim7 zip again.

Reactions: gappsfreeandhappy

entux

May 21, 2012
Could someone advice me as to what to do with a non-functioning camera:

"Failed to open camera. Camera may be in use by another application? ID:0"

It worked (once) before. I used to run zeelogs linageos builds and the camera was sluggish but never refused to work entirely. Sadly he stopped making builds... so no security updates... :(

Could someone advice me as to what to do with a non-functioning camera:

"Failed to open camera. Camera may be in use by another application? ID:0"

It worked (once) before. I used to run zeelogs linageos builds and the camera was sluggish but never refused to work entirely. Sadly he stopped making builds... so no security updates... :(
You may try Kill Camera (Mit der Kamera zusammenhängende Vorgänge beenden) - https://f-droid.org/app/info.aario.killcamera - it's been useful on many devices.

entux

May 21, 2012
Thank you ... but I've tried that one. I've found that it seems to be SOME program (or maybe any program) that uses too much ram that's maybe the culprit. Ussing the Kill Camera app sadly does nothing for me. The camera just stopps working entirely. With any of the 7.1.2 ROMS (execpt zeelogs outdated lineage build).

Same thing with Omni-ROM.

Last edited:

greenoid

Dec 7, 2012
Hamburg
Thanks fro Slim7! My Samsun Galaxy Nexus runs a modern Android, yeah! AOSP didn't work, got stuck in update, don't know why. Even my banking app does work (as a backup). It's good to have a backup phone, if I want to upgrade my first one.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut
  • Mar 14, 2012
    Halifax
    GT-i9250
    Nexus 7 (2013)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Slim7
      Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unified)

[#WHATSSLIM]

Slim7 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 7.x Nougat and offers the following original features:
      • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
        • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
      • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
        • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
      • SlimRecents
        • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
      • SlimLauncher
        • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
      • Status bar customisations
        • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.
      [#WARRANTY]

Download:
      Unified tuna Slim7
      [#DLGITHUBIO]

TWRP with hardware decryption support can be found here

[#INFOSLIM]

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
      [unified] Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
      Android-Andi, Ziyan, SlimRoms
      Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-04-29
      Last Updated 2017-08-18
      My PC is running hot without a break today.
      Before official merge we need to test commits for 2017-11-06 security patch level and latest crowdin translations.

New build including those changes will be available later today :)

Enjoy!

Edit: build up :)
      Will be uploaded soon.

Screenshot_20200422-080307.jpg
      New builds up with 2018-12 security patch level.

Hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas days :)

A year with, at least for me, big changes almost comes to an end. I wish everyone a good start into a healthy year 2019.
      I have uploaded a 2nd build silently which contains ffmpeg support (previous build was missing a small part). @musical_chairs yeah, i already thought Verizon still has broken mobile data here too, maybe we'll find a solution later.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone