[ROM][7.x][unified] Slim7

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 11418521

I
Just to confirm that Headset Bluetooth ñrofile isn't working. Tested on many apps and many bluetooth headphones. Media works ok but any app switching to headset profile doesn't get any audio out to the headphones nor microphone input. Bummer.
ff you can install an android 6 ROM (latest) then these issues might be fixed. Install this rom if you can : https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-resurrectionremix-v5-7-4.3502188/
As for gapps, install these : http://xdaforums.com/android/software/app-minimal-gapps-gapps-lp-20150107-1-t2997368

D

Deleted member 11418521

Just to confirm that Headset Bluetooth ñrofile isn't working. Tested on many apps and many bluetooth headphones. Media works ok but any app switching to headset profile doesn't get any audio out to the headphones nor microphone input. Bummer.
And bro install latest version.

hamberthm

Mar 19, 2018
And bro install latest version.
Sorry but I don't want to go to android 6.

I like being on the latest version possible for the device. And also I'm on the latest version of Slim from June last year.

I don't think it's a big bug to not worth fixing, since most of the Bluetooth stack is working OK. Nowadays with the pandemic, it would be nice to do videocalls using BT headphones.

I use the tablet regularly to read and watch videos with BT earbuds, but it wasn't until yesterday that I tried doing videoconferencing with it. For my surprise it handles Zoom really well but it kills me that I can't use my headphones.

Andi or somebody can please, please look at this? It's such a minor thing to make the rom still very useful.

D

Deleted member 11418521

Sorry but I don't want to go to android 6.

I like being on the latest version possible for the device. And also I'm on the latest version of Slim from June last year.

I don't think it's a big bug to not worth fixing, since most of the Bluetooth stack is working OK. Nowadays with the pandemic, it would be nice to do videocalls using BT headphones.

I use the tablet regularly to read and watch videos with BT earbuds, but it wasn't until yesterday that I tried doing videoconferencing with it. For my surprise it handles Zoom really well but it kills me that I can't use my headphones.

Andi or somebody can please, please look at this? It's such a minor thing to make the rom still very useful.
OK brother. I was just asking if you could revert to 6 becoz to be true, 6 is more stable and fast than 7. If you want to be on 7, there are many other android 7 ROMs. Lineage os for instance is good but as I said android 7 ROMs are slower than android 6.

fragtion

Sep 1, 2013
Johannesburg
Hi all

I'm having problems with the IR blaster on my Tab 2 which I think occurred after installing this ROM. Can anyone please confirm if infrared blaster is working ? Anything else I can maybe do to test this further ?
Ok I tested the IR blaster with a camera in front, and it seems to be working. I think the processor is just running too slow to generate the IR codes quickly enough so the receiving device does not recognize the patterns. If anyone else does more research on this please advise

Tnx

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11418521

Hi all

I'm having problems with the IR blaster on my Tab 2 which I think occurred after installing this ROM. Can anyone please confirm if infrared blaster is working ? Anything else I can maybe do to test this further ?
Ok I tested the IR blaster with a camera in front, and it seems to be working. I think the processor is just running too slow to generate the IR codes quickly enough so the receiving device does not recognize the patterns. If anyone else does more research on this please advise

Tnx
Yeah once you install android 7 ROMs, the tab becomes slow.

DeVilio

May 20, 2013
Gdańsk
I have p5100 3g version, slim7 is not booting. I waited 1hour and i think it has bootloop. Slim6 is working better but have trouble with root - it's not installing. Any advice? I want to use bt keyboard and I'm from Poland so i have to install additional keyboard layouts to have polish signs and at 4.4.4 ROM version it refuse to show what layouts i installed.

Last edited:

Johanerus

Dec 16, 2018

Slim7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Unified)

[#WHATSSLIM]

Slim7 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 7.x Nougat and offers the following original features:
  • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
    • Single tap action, long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
  • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
    • Customise your device to the fullest -You’re a wizard!
  • SlimRecents
    • A Faster alternative to stock recents -Your device, your choice.
  • SlimLauncher
    • An Open source, feature filled launcher! -Make yourself at home
  • Status bar customisations
    • Clock and Date? Battery? -More fun than you can shake a stick at.
[#WARRANTY]

Download:
[#DLGITHUBIO]

Important notes:
Why does the initial boot take so long?!
- I had to sacrifice dexpreopt because of wifi issues while it was enabled. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes. I also suggest to wait some minutes before running the SetupWizard if you use Gapps.

My RIL doesn't work, i don't get mobile data!
Sorry guys, some of you tried to force me to release Nougat Roms (and here we are) even if i haven't solved known bugs like RIL issues. Source is open for everyone, feel free to fix it yourself.

[#INFOSLIM]

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
[unified][espressowifi/espresso3g] Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
Android-Andi, Ziyan, SlimRoms
Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information
Testing

Created 2017-08-24
Last Updated 2017-08-24
Thanks

D

Deleted member 11418521

I have p5100 3g version, slim7 is not booting. I waited 1hour and i think it has bootloop. Slim6 is working better but have trouble with root - it's not installing. Any advice? I want to use bt keyboard and I'm from Poland so i have to install additional keyboard layouts to have polish signs and at 4.4.4 ROM version it refuse to show what layouts i installed.
Try omni 6 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=72227&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC
OR
Lineage 13 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=143638&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC
Both the roms are made by developer of this rom - @Android-Andi

Reactions: DeVilio

DeVilio

May 20, 2013
Gdańsk
Ok so i installed 3.1.0.0 version, tried omni 6 - it has some bugs like it is not installing most apps like total commander or that additional keyboard layouts. I wiped everything and installed back lineage 13 with that gapps from this link you gave me but this time i installed it straight first lineage then gapps and now it seems to work fine. Thank you very much for help :) this is old tablet but still good :)

levider

Aug 6, 2014
Do you guys have any mirrors to Slim6 6.0.1 espresso3g latest?
The links are dead

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Slim7
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Unified)

[#WHATSSLIM]

Slim7 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 7.x Nougat and offers the following original features:
    • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
      • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
    • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
      • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
    • SlimRecents
      • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
    • SlimLauncher
      • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
    • Status bar customisations
      • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.
    [#WARRANTY]

Download:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

Important notes:
    Why does the initial boot take so long?!
    - I had to sacrifice dexpreopt because of wifi issues while it was enabled. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes. I also suggest to wait some minutes before running the SetupWizard if you use Gapps.

My RIL doesn't work, i don't get mobile data!
    Sorry guys, some of you tried to force me to release Nougat Roms (and here we are) even if i haven't solved known bugs like RIL issues. Source is open for everyone, feel free to fix it yourself.

[#INFOSLIM]

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified][espressowifi/espresso3g] Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan, SlimRoms
    Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-24
    Last Updated 2017-08-24
    Well, yeah there have been many requests and ETAs via XDA and email... Guess those things nev we change...

I've had to spend time I've currently not have to get the builds done. One whole day (from morning to night was needed to patch the ROM Source, also countless hours the days before to setup everything again...)

If one likes to say "Thanks":
    - simply hit the Thanks-Button
    or
    - you can help to make my stepdaughter happy by a donation:
    I am currently saving money to buy a new sandpit for her as all playgrounds are currently closed and our current sandpit is broken everywhere...

All my Android 7 ROMs are ROM side up to date with April 2020 Security bulletin. No need to mention that 3.0 kernel is out of date and also some closed source parts could still contain security holes - it's an old device.
    But latest ROMs should be the safest available for our devices.

Have a good time everyone! I hope you enjoy the new builds!
    Reserved

Screenshots for screamer
    Maybe there'll be a new build later today

Edit:
    Builds uploaded! Enjoy!
    Hello Andi,

please don´t forget all the users which are very happy about your great work. Most of us do not write because it seems not to be necessary, or just write for helping to find bugs.

Regards
    Sure, I don't forget about them - that's why I still release security updates for 4.4 and 6.0 ROMs which work fine