[ROM][8.0.0] [ARM64][UNOFFICIAL] AospExtended ROM V5.0 [Sanders]

Search This thread

ravi5695

Sep 15, 2012
@Raj.S
I have to say - excellent work! The addition of gcam is superb. No bugs - Battery life is the best of any Oreo rom I've tried (best was actually 7.1.2 and this matches it) - and performance is as good or better than my 6p (even before the big cores shirt the bed). This turns a mid level $300 phone into a $500 entry top level device.
Congratulations - and can't wait to see what comes next!

Update - been playing with camera a bit. Unfortunately, picture quality is not good. But, since this is now 64 bit I can run camera nx (my favorite on my 6p), and it is much better. Outside of that, still very happy with this rom (easy enough to delete gcam).

After flashing the rom.. it is asking for android PASSWORD.. I did not set any paasword while flashing.. I don;t know what to do..??

Please help..

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Why is it asking me to input PASSWORD at FIRST RUN which I did not set at the time of flashing the rom..
If anybody knows the password please update me..
Any kind of help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

@Raj.S
I have to say - excellent work! The addition of gcam is superb. No bugs - Battery life is the best of any Oreo rom I've tried (best was actually 7.1.2 and this matches it) - and performance is as good or better than my 6p (even before the big cores shirt the bed). This turns a mid level $300 phone into a $500 entry top level device.

Update - been playing with camera a bit. Unfortunately, picture quality is not good. But, since this is now 64 bit I can run camera nx (my favorite on my 6p), and it is much better. Outside of that, still very happy with this rom (easy enough to delete gcam).

I flashed [ROM][8.0.0] [ARM64][UNOFFICIAL] AospExtended ROM V5.0 [Sanders] from XDA.

After Flashing the ROM, on first start... it is asking for the Android password..
I dont know what password to input as I did not set any password to the ROM..
Please help me.. I cant start the OS without the password,..
Please help me..

crewpuk13th

Nov 29, 2013
Bandung
After flashing the rom.. it is asking for android PASSWORD.. I did not set any paasword while flashing.. I don;t know what to do..??

Please help..

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Why is it asking me to input PASSWORD at FIRST RUN which I did not set at the time of flashing the rom..

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I flashed [ROM][8.0.0] [ARM64][UNOFFICIAL] AospExtended ROM V5.0 [Sanders] from XDA.

After Flashing the ROM, on first start... it is asking for the Android password..
Please help me..

i think your device is encrypted, please refer to this thread for decrypting https://xdaforums.com/moto-g5s-plus/development/recovery-twrp-3-1-1-r7-t3694910

Phazmos

Dec 6, 2010
Moto G Power (2021)

Please help..

Please help me..

Why password required - You did not clean flash
The fix - clean flash

crewpuk13th

Nov 29, 2013
Bandung
@Raj.S

BTW which camera nx did you use ?

Sent from my XT1805 using Tapatalk

VeerAmrit

Dec 24, 2012
India
www.technolaty.com
For some odd reason I am getting rebooted back to TWRP menu again. I have the latest TWRP install that supports 64 bit cpu architecture.

EDIT : Still couldn't boot to system even after following every single procedure from OP.

Last edited:

Phazmos

Dec 6, 2010
Moto G Power (2021)
For some odd reason I am getting rebooted back to TWRP menu again. I have the latest TWRP install that supports 64 bit cpu architecture.

EDIT : Still couldn't boot to system even after following every single procedure from OP.

Twrp problem, not rom related.
Check twrp threads to fix.
Workaround till it's fixed = boot to bootloader, hit start

Last edited:

hootyburra

Mar 3, 2011
Audio issue

Coming from stock 8.1.1 on my 5X that started the awesome bootloop game... I'm really enjoying the ROM and great added features.
I found an issue with audio using whatsapp, Snapchat so far. When recording audio it is extremely low, Google search points to many similar issues on Lenovo forums that mention the noise suppression kicking in. Has anyone else noticed this and found a fix?

Also for anyone having issues with safety net and not being able to use apps, Snapchat for example would not let me log in with safety net failing in majisk, dload the safety net fix zip and flash in twrp. Problem solved, safety net passes.

Phazmos

Dec 6, 2010
Moto G Power (2021)
Coming from stock 8.1.1 on my 5X that started the awesome bootloop game... I'm really enjoying the ROM and great added features.
I found an issue with audio using whatsapp, Snapchat so far. When recording audio it is extremely low, Google search points to many similar issues on Lenovo forums that mention the noise suppression kicking in. Has anyone else noticed this and found a fix?

Also for anyone having issues with safety net and not being able to use apps, Snapchat for example would not let me log in with safety net failing in majisk, dload the safety net fix zip and flash in twrp. Problem solved, safety net passes.

For audio problem - try changing all fluence lines in build.prop to false. Think there's 4 of them.

Reactions: hootyburra

ravi5695

Sep 15, 2012
Why password required - You did not clean flash
The fix - clean flash
Actually I did every step of clean up..
I clean flashed everything.
I cleaned System, Cache, Data and internal Storage also..
But it has been sorted out as of now..
Thanks for the quick reply..
I don't know what the reason was..
But After flashing GApps zip along with The ROM zip, it didn't ask for the Password at start...
It's working good now..

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

One Problem I am facing with that ROM is the Camera app..
Some person recommended CAMERA NX, but it also crashed on every use...
The only app working good is SNAP camera app..
It's even better than Moto Camera.. As I felt..
Here is the download link for SNAP camera..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marginz.snap

Hope it be useful for others also...

Phazmos

Dec 6, 2010
Moto G Power (2021)
But After flashing GApps zip along with The ROM zip, it didn't ask for the Password at start...
It's working good now..

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

I have posted how to clean flash - without wiping internal storage and losing everything. You can view my forum posts to see how.
In this thread, I recommended camera nx and it works - at least with open gapps pico (that's all I ever use). Good luck.

simone982

Dec 26, 2017
Hello, I have a few questions about this ROM:

1) In stock rom vibration is weak. Is vibration stronger in this ROM? Does it support vibration patterns for different notifications?
2) Is the charging white led available for notifications natively (without extra apps)?
3) Any image quality improvement by using NX camera?

Thanks ;)

Raj.S

Dec 31, 2015
Jamshedpur
Realme XT
It's working good now..

Happy to see you with working Rom. What are the problems you have faced in GCam? Try setting Nexus 6P with HDR+ Default.

Raj.S

Dec 31, 2015
Jamshedpur
Realme XT
Hello, I have a few questions about this ROM:

1) In stock rom vibration is weak. Is vibration stronger in this ROM? Does it support vibration patterns for different notifications?
2) Is the charging white led available for notifications natively (without extra apps)?
3) Any image quality improvement by using NX camera?

Thanks ;)

Rom has nothing to do with vibration its fw thing. It has GCam preinstalled We found it the best. (Tried nearly 20 versions)

Reactions: simone982

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FER7PzVx.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FKDVygxh.png

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based rom which provides stock UI/UX with various customisations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box. We will constantly try to add more features and make it even better in future updates. A ROM by a user, for a user. #StayAOSP #ExtendYourDevice #BeExtended​

#All Credit Goes to GeneticEnginer and Vache for their Amazing Work!:fingers-crossed:
    #If you like my work please hit like... My thanks meter is really low:rolleyes::(
    #ARM64:good:
    #Improved Stability and Extremely Fast and Smooth!:cool:
    #GCam Preloaded With HDR+ ZSL Motion:laugh:

(If you face FC in GCam disable Motion and Video Stabilization)

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Ft709fnd.png
    Code:
    -Download TWRP by @CheckYourScreen with ARM64 support from below link.
    -Download the ROM and GApps of your choice [Arm64]
    -Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery
    -Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    -Flash ROM
    -Install GAPPS package
    -If you want Magisk then flash Magisk V14.0 only.
    -And at last Reboot!
    [First boot will take few minutes! Have patience]
    Clean Flash is always recommended!

DOWNLOADS:-
    Code:
    TWRP:-[url]https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617952763[/url]
    ROM:-[url]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VB7uvGtthTTIzTALgZy51pLy8gEI97UR[/url]
    GAPPS:-[url]http://opengapps.org[/url]  (Select ARM64/8.0.0/[I]any[/I])

XDA: DevDB Information
    AOSPExtended [ARM64] Rom for Sanders: ROM for the Moto G5S Plus

Contributors
    @GeneticEnginer @vache @Raj.S

Source:- https://github.com/therootlord/android_device_motorola_sanders

ROM OS Version: 8.0.0 OREO
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Latest TWRP Recovery with Arm64 Support
    Based On: AOSP-OMS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-28
    Last Updated 2017-12-16
    @Raj.S

Eager to test it. Nice job, @Raj.S
    Thanks for this! I'll let trying this soon
    ROM runs awesome! Relatively bug free for an alpha. Nice work devs.