• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.0.0] MIUI 9 GLOBAL Beta Rom 8.2.1 based on Oreo [scorpio][02.03.2018]

Search This thread

Spezia12

Jul 27, 2011
Teramo
This is a beta rom so as the name implies you may encounter various problems/bugs.

Fastboot (unlocked bootloader)(erases all your internal storage):
http://bigota.d.miui.com/8.3.1/scor....1_20180301.0000.00_8.0_global_7127f41234.tgz

Recovery (TWRP and unlocked bootloader)(full wipe highly recommended):
http://bigota.d.miui.com/8.3.1/miui_MINote2Global_8.3.1_74f30a299a_8.0.zip

The update has been suspended at the moment but download links are still working... Anyway you flash the packages at your own risk, I don't assume any responsibilities for any bricked or exploded devices! This is only for sharing purposes!

Last edited:

strumbol

Jan 26, 2017
Thank you! But download from this server is a pain... could you upload it to another site?

Enviado desde mi MI Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

haarmatte

May 25, 2014
Hmmm, the mentioned version is basing on nougat 7.0... would be interesting to see if it is really basing on oreo

Gesendet von meinem Mi Note 2 mit Tapatalk

realjumy

Nov 18, 2007
Are you sure?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-02-18-30-23-643_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-02-18-30-23-643_com.android.settings.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 1,471

realjumy

Nov 18, 2007
I think it's the right file... But maybe right beta privileges are needed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-02-20-10-30-390_com.android.updater.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-02-20-10-30-390_com.android.updater.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 726

Spezia12

Jul 27, 2011
Teramo
I was reading some comments of the OTA bricking phones... Are you having any problem so far?

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I wonder if we can use this: http://bigota.d.miui.com/8.3.1/miui_MINote2Global_8.3.1_74f30a299a_8.0.zip

Well if you like risking a hard brick you can download that file, rename it update.zip and put it in the folder downloaded_rom. Then go to the miui updater app and it should see it as an update and the installation will start. The problem is that if you are on locked bootloader without TWRP and the flash goes wrong you can throw away your phone... :rolleyes:

realjumy

Nov 18, 2007
Well if you like risking a hard brick you can download that file, rename it update.zip and put it in the folder downloaded_rom. Then go to the miui updater app and it should see it as an update and the installation will start. The problem is that if you are on locked bootloader without TWRP and the flash goes wrong you can throw away your phone... :rolleyes:

No risk, no fun... I used the option in the updater and it doesn't allow me to install it. Probably because I need special privileges... In any case, these are excellent news for custom ROMs :)

Edit: previous to the installation of the .ZIP it asks me to be connected to the internet... It can't be connected without being connected to the internet. So definitely they check if the user is allowed to install it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-02-20-26-41-444_com.android.updater.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-02-20-26-41-444_com.android.updater.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

Sipi1302

Jun 26, 2011
Đurđenovac
Redmi K20 Pro
OnePlus 8T
So installed last TWRP, wiped all data and storage for decryption, all went ok, inastalled oreo beta rom and magisc 16, during booting phone first get encrypted again and then rom boots up. Restarting back to TWRP is asking for password again to decrypt phone. So because of that I get back to nougat and TWRP 3.1.1.0 because that is only one that is not asking password. So please help and inlight me what I was doing wrong.

alexmanu1

Feb 9, 2016
Constanta
Redmi Note 8 Pro

A hard brick for a snapdragon device does not exist.

No risk, no fun... I used the option in the updater and it doesn't allow me to install it. Probably because I need special privileges... In any case, these are excellent news for custom ROMs :)

Edit: previous to the installation of the .ZIP it asks me to be connected to the internet... It can't be connected without being connected to the internet. So definitely they check if the user is allowed to install it.

You have to be in the Beta Team to install those packages with the updater app. The method the Super Moderator recommended me is fastboot because it's an android version update. The ROM worked fine in the first day , no important bug that can prevent it to be a daily driver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Psy_Man, do you think you can use this ROM to correct the problems with the camera and the sound in your ROMs?

YES! The prebuilt camera HAL works fine with HAL3 enabled, no issues encountered, so we can use it in aosp. Now we don't need to use kanged blobs, and importing all proprietary blobs from miui oreo will fix the audio problem too. :)
    This is a beta rom so as the name implies you may encounter various problems/bugs.

Fastboot (unlocked bootloader)(erases all your internal storage):
    http://bigota.d.miui.com/8.3.1/scor....1_20180301.0000.00_8.0_global_7127f41234.tgz

Recovery (TWRP and unlocked bootloader)(full wipe highly recommended):
    http://bigota.d.miui.com/8.3.1/miui_MINote2Global_8.3.1_74f30a299a_8.0.zip

The update has been suspended at the moment but download links are still working... Anyway you flash the packages at your own risk, I don't assume any responsibilities for any bricked or exploded devices! This is only for sharing purposes!
    Will the bootloader locked again after flashed with this global rom?
    Any clue to disable storage encryption at first boot?
    No the bootloader won't get locked and if you want to disable storage encryption flash this https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip after flashing the rom in recovery (don't reboot! flash rom and the no-verity encryption zip right away)

A hard brick for a snapdragon device does not exist.

You have to be in the Beta Team to install those packages with the updater app. The method the Super Moderator recommended me is fastboot because it's an android version update. The ROM worked fine in the first day , no important bug that can prevent it to be a daily driver.
    What a shame... I never find that kind of interesting things in the MIUI forums... Every time I enter there's just people complaining... Such a difference compared to XDA!

I know that feeling.
    The Mi Note 2 subforum from the MIUI forum is full of brainless people , that's the truth.