• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [ 8.0.0 ] Official madOS - Oukitel K6000 Plus [MT6750]

Search This thread

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Will it still take too long for 8.1 to leave?

Is it (patch 8.1) still going out or was it canceled?

Does 8.0 still have issues with Instagram?

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Was the project abandoned? Will not you have any updates? Nobody says anything !! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
We're working on many improvements for this device currently, also in preparation for Android P

Lciron

May 25, 2018
We're working on many improvements for this device currently, also in preparation for Android P

I understood, thanks for the feedback!

Is there any forecast to release this update today with the improvements?

Can you tell if there are still bugs in instagram in version 8.0 today? (it's the only thing that keeps me from returning to this version!)

Breathewave

Oct 6, 2014
You think it's safe to root the same as K6000 Plus? I don't see any one attempted TWRP & Root on this OK6000 Plus yet. I am very tempted to try. What do you think?
The official ROM should be the same, so that you should unlock your device with fastboot (backup your data!) and flash TWRP by using the spflash tool. Installing madOS should work the same way it does for other firmware releases.

Reactions: DerTeufel1980

e20140

May 12, 2009
The official ROM should be the same, so that you should unlock your device with fastboot (backup your data!) and flash TWRP by using the spflash tool. Installing madOS should work the same way it does for other firmware releases.

It's no good. After flashing the Recovery.img, I got the Orange State Bootloop . I knew I am taking a chance without the stock ROM image. Anyone has any idea?

e20140

May 12, 2009
It's no good. After flashing the Recovery.img, I got the Orange State Bootloop . I knew I am taking a chance without the stock ROM image. Anyone has any idea?

Looks like this phone is easy to restore if you have the stock ROM. It is responsive to SP Flash tool and I can reflash everything. Just too bad K6000 + is just not the same as OK6000 +. Hopefully, there is a stock ROM for it in the future. That's it for now.

rolex0815

Apr 14, 2012
You have to boot to recovery immediately after flashing und in recovery you must flash SuperSU. Then it will boot, otherwise bootloop.
EDIT: Was in the wrong thread, don't know about this custom-ROM.
My tip above is valid for the stock ROM v23.

Last edited:

e20140

May 12, 2009
You have to boot to recovery immediately after flashing und in recovery you must flash SuperSU. Then it will boot, otherwise bootloop.

I am 99% sure that's not the issue since the stock ROM K6000 plus loaded on OK6000 plus with no error, but it just won't boot. It was fun playing with it and luckily I could return it since the phone show only a blank screen. My next phone will be Xiaomi Mi A2 lite, got it for $180 USD.

speakn2pabst

Aug 17, 2018
Any chance of getting it to work on US version Oukitel OK6000 Plus?

Hello, I am also an owner of the US version by the name of Oukitel OK6000 Plus. At first I thought they were the same phones because the specs matched up but I tried this guide to flash madOS and received the orange bootloop after flashing the TWRP recovery. Then I tried to flash back to the Stock Rom K6000 Plus v29 using SP Flash Tool, the same as user e20140 tried and after flash the phone would start but with a blank display. Luckily I found a Stock Rom for the OK6000 Plus version and used SP Flash Tool and returned to a fully working phone.

I share all this for any other OK6000 Plus users who attempt to flash and have problems.

OP you may want to add a disclaimer in the first post that this process WILL NOT work for OK6000 Plus users, unless TWRP add support for the OK 6000 Plus and then also replacing /vendor/firmware from a Stock Rom image as you suggest. It was my fault but others may think their phone is the same while it is not.

Also for any who are looking for OK 6000 Plus Stock Rom I found it here.

[REDACTED]

I just signed up so I'm under the 10 post link restriction :(

Last edited:

Lucasiron

Apr 3, 2017
New version

Do you have any predictions about when the new version will come out?

The current version is great as I see, only the bugs make me not use it, Instagram does not work the recording of videos and Whatsapp does not send videos.

Is there going to be a correction?

ace794

Nov 5, 2014
Guys development for this phone stopped or we w8 for something new?

Στάλθηκε από το K6000 Plus μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

KimLe

May 12, 2011
Hello, I am also an owner of the US version by the name of Oukitel OK6000 Plus. At first I thought they were the same phones because the specs matched up but I tried this guide to flash madOS and received the orange bootloop after flashing the TWRP recovery. Then I tried to flash back to the Stock Rom K6000 Plus v29 using SP Flash Tool, the same as user e20140 tried and after flash the phone would start but with a blank display. Luckily I found a Stock Rom for the OK6000 Plus version and used SP Flash Tool and returned to a fully working phone.

I share all this for any other OK6000 Plus users who attempt to flash and have problems.

OP you may want to add a disclaimer in the first post that this process WILL NOT work for OK6000 Plus users, unless TWRP add support for the OK 6000 Plus and then also replacing /vendor/firmware from a Stock Rom image as you suggest. It was my fault but others may think their phone is the same while it is not.

Also for any who are looking for OK 6000 Plus Stock Rom I found it here.

[REDACTED]

I just signed up so I'm under the 10 post link restriction :(

I have contacted Oukitel last year they quote me:
OUKITEL OK6000 Plus V9.0 American Version
Oukitel K6000 Plus V29 EU version
I have found TWRP for Oukitel OK6000 Plus:
https://gitlab.com/HosteBin/yshalsager/raw/master/OUKITEL/ok6000_plus/TWRP_ok6000_plus-030918.img
Stock rom:
http://www.oukitel.com/latest-software-rom-for-all-oukitel-smartphones-142.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Breathewave

Lucasiron

Apr 3, 2017
No more updates?

Did you stop producing for that phone? No more updates? :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

The only thing that keeps me from using the current version of the room is that I can not send videos in WhatsApp and I can not record anything through Instagram.

speakn2pabst

Aug 17, 2018
Try the TWRP for OK6000 Plus?

I have contacted Oukitel last year they quote me:
OUKITEL OK6000 Plus V9.0 American Version
Oukitel K6000 Plus V29 EU version
I have found TWRP for Oukitel OK6000 Plus:
https://gitlab.com/HosteBin/yshalsager/raw/master/OUKITEL/ok6000_plus/TWRP_ok6000_plus-030918.img
Stock rom:
http://www.oukitel.com/latest-software-rom-for-all-oukitel-smartphones-142.html

Hey KimLe, did you try the TWRP?

I got a TWRP for the OK6000 Plus from the app TWRP Builder after submitting the official recovery.img file but when I tried to boot with it the screen was flipped upside down (no big deal), but it wouldn't respond to touch input.

So it wasn't usable, I had to reflash to Stock using SP Flash Tool. I tried emailing the developer to fix it but never heard back.

Thanks for posting the Oukitel Rom link btw, that's where I found the OK6000 Plus Stock rom also.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VmDiDSr.png

This is a Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP Oreo ) for Oukitel K6000 Plus with MTK 6750 SoC

madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions:
    • Download ROM from M.A.D. Facebook
      OR from xda DevDB
    • Download OpenGapps nano or pico from OpenGapps
      (choose Arm64 and Android 8.0 )
    • Backup
    • Unlock Bootloader Bootloader unlock
    • Flash new mandatory new Oreo TWRP (available on downloads)
    • Boot to the new TWRP recovery
    • full Wipes (dont come crying if you didn't .. ;p )
    • Install rom (optionally following by GAPPS if you use them)
    • Optional: go to: wipe --> Advanced Wipe, tick 'cache' and klick 'repair or change File System' --> change File System --> F2FS --> swipe to the right (hit back several times, and proceed the same way with 'data').
    • Reboot System

Working:
    • RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • All Sensors (including fingerprint)
    • Lights; HW Keys
    • Both storages & MTP
    • HW de/encoding
    • Camera (photos and video)
    • GPS & aGPS
    • Audio
    • madOS Extras (the features ya'all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo)

Not working:
    • nothing known

XDA:DevDB Information
    madOS_O_K6KP, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    DerTeufel1980, superdragonpt, fire855
    Source Code: https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: bootloader unlocked, twrp
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-11-19

Created 2017-11-19
    Last Updated 2017-12-31
    Reserved

How-To unlock Bootloader and install TWRP

ATTENTION: This is voiding your warrenty

• Install minimal adb and fastboo to your PCt: Minimal ADB and Fastboot
    • On the smartphone: Go to Settings --> About Phone and hit 'build Number' seven times, to enable 'Developer Options'
    • Go to Settings --> Developer Options, and allow usb-debugging and allow OEM-unlocking (For bootloader unlock)
    • Connect the smartphone to the pc. On the smartphone accepts the adb connection with the pc
    • Start 'Minimal adb and Fastboot' at Pc. In the command window, type: "adb reboot bootloader" and press Enter (this is restarting the smartphone into the bootloader)
    • WARNING: This step deletes all data from the smartphone, returns it to the factory setting and leads to the loss of the warranty! In the command window, type "fastboot oem unlock" and press Enter (to unlock the bootloader). You probably need to press some button of the phone to confirm (check the display for this)
    • Download the Twrp image: Oukitel K6000 Plus TWRP, and copy the recovery.img file to the installation folder of 'minimal adb and fastboot'
    • In the command window, type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and press Enter. After successful flash, enter "fastboot reboot" in the command window, press 'Enter'. Then immediately press and hold 'volume up key' on the smartphone (Until a small menu appears)
    • 3 options appear on the smartphone: Recovery, Fastboot, Normal. You can navigate with 'volume up key' and confirm your selection with 'volume down'. Navigate to Recovery and press the volume down key to confirm (Smartphone starts now the Installed TWRP Recovery)
    F.A.Q

General F.A.Q.

Q: What the hell is madOS ?
    A: madOS, (M.A.D. Team OS), is a ROM based on pure A.O.S.P. with extended capabilities and customizations made by or merge/adapted by M.A.D. Team.

Q: Where to report bugs ?
    A: madOS issue tracker

Q: Which recovery should I use for this ROM?
    A: Latest M.A.D. TWRP recovery
    --> Download Section

Q: How do i flash a new recovery or new boot from previous TWRP?
    A:
    1: You can flash it with a scatter file
    2: You can simply flash it from the existing twrp recovery: Install> Install image> Select RECOVERY or BOOT image file > Select "Recovery" or "Boot" as partition to flash.
    Reboot

Q: Do i need to make full wipes?
    A: YES, dont come crying at me, if you didn't .... ;p

Q: What is "full wipes" ?
    A: To Wipe : Cache; System; DATA ...

Q: What should i use f2fs or ext4?
    A: Both are supported, choose the one you desire, where f2fs might be faster

Q: is the Data connection issue of going to / from 4G present?
    A: nope data switchs pretty fast on our new RIL
    2G>3G>4G | 4G>3G>2G pretty fast

Q: Does this rom have any Theme support
    A: Yup, We have working Theme Engine (madOS extras)

Q: Some translations are missing for my language, can I help?
    A: Sure you can, please check our translations repo available here , you can either do a pull request, or if you don't know how to work with git, sent us the XML. Strings for your language ( Check Readme on repo).

Q: What's working ?
    A: Check first Post for current status

Q: App "x" doesn't work, why?
    A: Probably not compatible with OREO yet, feedback is welcome

Q: Is the rom rooted?
    A: NO, But you can easily root with Magisk v14 onwards.

Q: Does xposed work?
    A: Is there Xposed for O? ... then no ;p

Q: How is battery life with Oreo?
    A: Pretty awesome

Q: Does this build support Vulcan?
    A: No....duh! v

Q: Does doze work in this build?
    A: Yup

Q: when will (feature/issue here) be fixed?
    A: NO ETA , please

Porting F.A.Q.
    No porting support, no port questions allowed on this thread, and porting PMs will be auto-deleted, porting replies will be reported as well

G.APPS F.A.Q.

Q:What GAPPS package should I use?
    A: OpenGapps arm64 nano/mini

Q: How to properly install GAPPS?
    A:Flash Rom + Flash Gapps at once

CREDITS and Thanks

madOS Team
    Our translators, credits list here
    A.O.S.P.
    Pure Nexus
    AOSPA
    DU (Dirty Unicorns)
    Omni

HELP supporting madOS

We do this on our free time, however we do have costs on maintaining this :/

Any donation is highly appreciated

You can donate by using
    this link

If the above doesn't work in your country, then you can directly donate by using this e-mail adress: [email protected]

About madOS Proprietary Apps

You are NOT allowed by any means, to use our madOS apps on any other build, your rom
    This is exclusively for OFFICIAL madOS ROM releases

@To Moderators: Feel free to clean the thread, whenever users start spamming, severe OT, or questioning about porting...
    I need to check/fix some performance issues on 8.1 first
    New version coming soon? :)

8.1.0 had some issues on this device initially...
    finnaly all seems nice now, 8.1.0 r14 (february patch level) is currently under testing

cheers ( no ETA)