• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.0.0][SM-N950F/FD/N]Team Pixel ROM V1.3 [26/01/2019]

Search This thread

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
In my experience, the popup for handwriting recognition mentioned a few posts ago is tied to Samsung Keyboard. If you disable that, you lose handwriting recognition.
Oh, if its only related to Samsung Keyboard then just install the latest version of Samsung Keyboard for arm64.
And about VoLTE: I'm unsure of how to work with CSC atm so you'll have to wait on that.

neo_v01

Nov 26, 2014
Ok Question 1. What does pressing that button do?
Question 2. What app does it use?
The ROM does have the bubble icon which you showed in the screenshot, which means that part of the framework is still alive, but the app is definitely not there. So answer the two questions above and I'll give you an answer.

1- when I press the button I can write handwritten with my stylus.

2- any application where there is an input field.

the function that I'm showing comes from a stock ROM

I hope I have been satisfied. can I have an answer?

Sorry for my Bad english

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
1- when I press the button I can write handwritten with my stylus.

2- any application where there is an input field.

the function that I'm showing comes from a stock ROM

I hope I have been satisfied. can I have an answer?

Sorry for my Bad english
Please join my telegram group for further instructions. If you know enough about rooting then put the stock Samsung Keyboard in the apps folder :)

mualde

Oct 31, 2014
When i try to get backup boot img i am getting ''unable to mount storage, failed to mount data'' error. What should I do?

mualde

Oct 31, 2014
I have checked to topic but i couldnt see the answer. Is live focus working on rom's camera app and also can we choose which back camera we want to use?

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
Yes Live focus works and it is was originally a Samsung ROM but almost everything has been transplanted from a Pixel ROM

Reactions: Stvn183
after first day Reveiw

Great Rom With a lot potential.
here's some suggestion based on first day use with this rom and it's just my opinion:
- I think it would be better to put optional of adding some features of stock rom like air pen features, (after all it's a note smart phone)
- me personally enjoys a lot of stock Samsung Music application and i just feel it's absence in this rom.
- Google camera 8.3b is no stable camera for daily usage at all, i have a long history of using this application, sometimes photos will not be saved, some times file corruption,etc.
- by the way having multiple option for launchers is highly suggested since the current launcher lacks of any customization of modification.
- the absence of Pixel 2XL Android P Live Wallpapers feels a lot
- sometimes I will turn of my fast charging for wireless or cable, but it seems users will not be able to do it in this Rom.
- music application keeps getting ANR at the beginning and wizard.
- just for reference :https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-pixel-2-experience-t3757137
- just for reference :https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8/development/rom-taimen-1-0-t3690546

by the way link of Telegram group is not working.
again thanks for this great Rom.

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
Great Rom With a lot potential.
here's some suggestion based on first day use with this rom and it's just my opinion:
- I think it would be better to put optional of adding some features of stock rom like air pen features, (after all it's a note smart phone)
- me personally enjoys a lot of stock Samsung Music application and i just feel it's absence in this rom.
- Google camera 8.3b is no stable camera for daily usage at all, i have a long history of using this application, sometimes photos will not be saved, some times file corruption,etc.
- by the way having multiple option for launchers is highly suggested since the current launcher lacks of any customization of modification.
- the absence of Pixel 2XL Android P Live Wallpapers feels a lot
- sometimes I will turn of my fast charging for wireless or cable, but it seems users will not be able to do it in this Rom.
- music application keeps getting ANR at the beginning and wizard.
- just for reference :https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-pixel-2-experience-t3757137
- just for reference :https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8/development/rom-taimen-1-0-t3690546

by the way link of Telegram group is not working.
again thanks for this great Rom.
Hello! I'm glad you enjoyed the ROM. A few notes kn what you said however:
1. Yes, I am considering for the next iteration of Pixel Pie to have some of the S-Pen features.
2. The stock Samsung Music app can still be downloaded from the Play Store with everything working don't worry :).
3. Yes, I know Google Camera isn't stable, but when ut does work, it takes quite amazing shots. But I have included stock Samsung Camera for daily use!
4. Ok the reason the current launcher lacks customization is because it is the actual stock Pixel 2 launcher XD. If you need another one you can always install it via an apk.
5. I know about Pixel Live Wallpapers. It was originally part of this ROM too btw, but I later removed it to reduce the ROM size by around 150mb. However, as it appears that this hasnt affected performance in anyway, it will be there on the next build of Pixel ROM!
6. To do this read the OP. You have to add the battery toggle from system ui icons on the notification panel as it is the only way to view battery stats etc now.
7. Ok, genuine bug from Eleven Music XD.
I hope I have answered your questions and the telegram link is working, I just checked.

Reactions: paroys and Txomin4

aaserodio

Jun 28, 2013
Good night,

After a long time I decided to reinstall alternative ROMs thanks to Team Pixel V1 !!!

Great ROM, but I need help:

I have a Gear S3 watch, and it was with activation lock attached to my Samsung account.

When installing the "Galaxy Wearable" application and trying to activate my watch, it tries to connect to the Samsung account and can not, An error appears in the "Gear S plugin".
My watch is locked and will not start.
Will only restart after signing in with the Samsung Account ....

Any solution?

Another thing:
I miss Samsung's Smart Capture, both capture by SPen and continuous screen capture.
I tried downloading through APK Mirror, but it does not work. Any way to Flash this?

Thank you,

Alexandre
Brazil

Translated by Google

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

I'm not sure of either, but banking works as long as you use Google Pay, and Netflix may or may not run considering the ROM does pass SafetyNet

Tanks,

I tested here and they both worked.
Netflix had to install via APK and a MAGISK module.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

"- sometimes I will turn of my fast charging for wireless or cable, but it seems users will not be able to do it in this Rom."

The same here, the Wireless charging has no way to activate the Fast Charge, just to see the battery statistics.

Wireless charging here is scoring almost 3 hours to complete the charge. Pretty slow.
Before it was loaded at 1:30 hours.

Estargeus

Jan 7, 2019
Great rom, thank you!

I always hated by phone since the day i bought it. Since i try this rom i really enjoy using my phone.

I have small problems though

When I'm using Whatsapp I can't see the Emojis. Try different keyboard app and nothing changes.

Also the Moon+ Reader can't open on this rom. Can anybody recommend me a ebook/PDF reader app?

Also I like the old phone app because of the themes and curve lightning, is it possible to install?

And how can I enable the dark theme? In screenshots it's dar theme but I can't find where to enable/download it. O tried some on Substratum and now the launcher doesn't work. And none of them able the change the color of Phone, massages, Chrome etc.. I can o lt change the notification panel abd settings.. Which them should i use abd on Which conf?

Thank you again for this amazing rom!

Last edited:

Amaranth`

Jul 21, 2015
Paris
I like to see an aroma debloater into aroma. Like low,medium,extreme debloat. I use one from s8 thread and works great to my note8 and note9. I like extreme debloats because i use 3rd party apps and no want the junks from samsung and google into my phone. And a 3minute battery i like to see too. The rom rocks. Btw i use the google camera from the first day and no have issues or broken pics or something weird. Is much better than junk samsung.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel 1.3: Oreo Speciale!
    After months of hardwork, debloating and experimenting, I can finally present to all you lovely people on XDA, Pixel ROM. This is by far the most debloated, lightest and Pixelified ROM for the Note 8 right now. This ROM has (according to me) the best battery life for a ROM til' this day. I've spent hours upon hours on optimizing this ROM and debloated, to the point where removing anything else will break things. Here's a feature list!
    Features of Pixel ROM
    1. Google Calculator
    2. Google Phone
    3. Google Calendar
    4. GCam 8.3: Everything Working
    5. Google Chrome (Samsung Add-ons Removed)
    6. Google Clock
    7. Google Contacts
    8. Google Files GO
    9. Gallery (Modded)
    10. G-mail
    11. Google Keep
    12. Google Lens (Works in Google Photos too!)
    13. Google Maps
    14. Google Messages
    15. Eleven Music (Lineage)
    16. Soundalive and AudioFX (Lineage)
    17. Google Photos: Pixel configurations applied, unlimited storage pop up occurs but do not set to original because Google found out about this.
    18. Google Play Games
    19. LineageOS Recorder
    20. Modified Settings and removed all useless and resource consuming features.
    21. Updated AOD
    22. System UI Tuner: Change animation speeds and customize as much as you need with this
    23. Youtube
    24. Google PAY (I forgot to write this XD)
    25. Google Pixel Bootanimations
    26. Google sounds, tweaks etc. I DON'T REMEMBER THEM ALL XD
    27. Stereo Sound Mod and Values adjusted for Balance
    28. Latest GBoard
    29. Android Oreo Stock Emojis (Google Ones not Samsung Ones)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    V1.3 Changelog:
    1. Fixed Safetynet and updated Phantom Kernel to latest.
    2. Minor errors fixed.
    Friends this is the last time I'll be working on Oreo. It has been
    a pleasure, but we must move on to Pie. Thank you for all the support and a special thank you to @rohitdanda for all the help.
    I shall see you on Pixel Pie!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notes:
    1. RAM management usually idles (on first flash) at around 3.8 GB free.
    2. Total ROM size after unzipped is 2.6GB from 4.8GB STOCK!
    3. Device Maintenance was removed in exchange for Files Go and System UI tuner. To access battery stats, pull down the Quick Settings Panel and on the top right click the three bubbles button and then Button Order. Then move the new Battery and Storage icon to the Quick Settings.
    4. The only theme engine that will work with this ROM is Substratum as Samsung Themes was removed.
    5. Thanks to @ProtoDeVNan0 for the custom system UI animations! He is really epic.
    6. The latest Phantom Kernel was used and also the latest Stock base so Performance is epic.
    7. Please flash the ROM :)
    8. After first boot, make sure you restart your device once.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download the zip and download magisk.
    2. Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache
    3. Flash the zip with Magisk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs: 26/01/2019
    Gallery must NEVER be updated (disable autoupdate for Gallery in Play Store). If it did update and the icon become the Samsung Gallery one, goto Settings/apps/Gallery and on the top right corner there will be 3 buttons, which when clicked gives the option to uninstall updates for the app.

Youtube Review: https://youtu.be/0AFjT6wytWs
    Special thanks to Geovanny Fernandez on that

Feel free to message me on telegram via the group: https://t.me/joinchat/G-BflEMjGlgp1NeWxDA2bA
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download Link:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603908357

Screenshots will be uploaded next!
    Kernel Source Code: http://ghost.com.ro/phantom-kernel/Source8.zip
    Special thanks to @Androbots and to everyone I wish
    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! Consider this my present XD!
    Also the following screenshots have an Amoled Substratum theme applied to show that theming does work!
    Finally! a google apps based rom :) Will use this until ONE UI comes out, or are you guys going to use that as well in the future? :D
    Well obviously duh XD. I will probably make version 2 with One UI and ever since Samsung changed their Ui it looks very close to stock, especially the notification panel, so I will probably do this again. Just remember though that this takes a very long time, mainly due to the amount of crapware and heavy deep debloat I have to do everytime. I've had to individually inspect and remove permissions because some apps framework still started up in the background and THAT ANNOYED ME. So everyone please hit that thanks button it really helps and also once again, Merry Xmas everyone ?
    V1.2 has just been rolled out. Make sure to check the homepage for changelog!
    Ok so since this is the last time I will post here on this forum in 2018, and before I pull a "It's been a year since we last talked" joke, I'm going to list the series of events that will take place, and the future of Pixel ROM
    1. January 1st - February 28th - You guys can message me on the telegram group of any bugs that currently exist on Pixel Oreo, and also of any new features you would like to see added (Pixel 2 and Pixel 3 Only). However, after the February 28th, my support for Pixel Oreo will drop significantly, since I will shift my focus to OneUI.
    2. March 1st - April 10th - This will be a mainly learning period for me. It will certainly take a significant amount of time for me to learn the massive amount of modification that OneUi has made, all the framework edits and the new or old bloat that was added. I will take a month of getting familiar with OneUI while also waiting the additional month for Samsung to release at least one bugfix/performance update.
    3. April 15th - April 20th - This is probably the date all of you have been looking forward for, this is the time where I will begin working on Pixel Pie V1. I will probably have a seperate thread, all new Google framework mods etc, and of course the same amount of optimization as you see now.
    Target Date of Initial Release: April 20th Midnight or April 21st Morning.
    Now things may be subject to change, and I say this because I know my patience is limited XD, so I might start working on Pixel Pie early, which if it does happen, well better for us all. But for now Pixel Oreo is where I shall stay. Thankyou all for your lovely support and I wish you a Happy New Year and a Good 2019 ahead!
    finally!!!!, i was waiting for something like to be released my note 8 because i wanted to get something close to pixel rom, and now you have released this, I'm just waiting for the screenshots because i don't wanna lose my current setup, also quick question does google pay still work?
    Yes it does. I keep forgetting stuff XD, added to thread along with some other mods I forgot. Screenshots are uploading.