Mumbai
Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.​

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera and Camcorder(video recorder)
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • VoLTE

What's not working :
  • SELinux is permissive
  • Maybe more ROM specific bugs
  • Usb tethering function does not work.A Third party app such as pdanet might be a solutiıon.
  • This is the one of the first builds for cedric(Oreo), so minor bugs are expected.Please report them if any.

Flashing and updating
LineageOS clean install :
- (Optional) Wipe the data & cache & system(Backup to make sure not to loose data)
- Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
- (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
- (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
- Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
- (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
- Nothing to wipe when switching
- (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
- Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
- (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
- Reboot

For root access :
- (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread

Downloads Links
LineageOS 15.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
Development : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=231274

Google Applications (optional) :
OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 8.x, Micro or Pico)
Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional) :
TWRP 3.1.1-0 : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5/development/official-twrp-3-1-1-0-moto-g5-t3699737

About the builds

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Bug report should be done in following format provided in code below
Code:
What is your
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you
wipe:
 restored with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Q&A - FAQ
LineageOS 15.0 Cedric Regular Questions and Answers : Q&A Thread

Credits :
- The LineageOS Team
- Thanks to @Men_in_black007 @xboxfanj and @erfanoabdi for helping me throughout. Right from the beginning.
- Thanks to ROM that have been built on Legacy Server and also thanks to all the legacyserver friends
- Special Thanks to @wzedlare and @vache without them it wouldn't have been possible for us to get Nougat and Oreo
- Thanks to @jobinrjohnson and @TeamMex for helping and for contributing
- And also thanks to all the members of Moto G5 (Cedric) Dev Arena Telegram group involving in working and testing
- Let me know if i missed anyone​

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.0, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
CodeZero, vache, wzedlare
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-11-25
Last Updated 2017-11-30

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171125-164544.png
    Screenshot_20171125-164544.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 8,264
  • Screenshot_20171125-164548.png
    Screenshot_20171125-164548.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 7,934
  • Screenshot_20171125-164639.jpg
    Screenshot_20171125-164639.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 8,233
  • Screenshot_20171125-171617.jpg
    Screenshot_20171125-171617.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 8,071
  • Screenshot_20171125-171744.png
    Screenshot_20171125-171744.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 7,917
  • Screenshot_20171125-171759.png
    Screenshot_20171125-171759.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 7,468
  • Screenshot_20171125-171601.png
    Screenshot_20171125-171601.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 7,347
  • Screenshot_20171125-164609.jpg
    Screenshot_20171125-164609.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 7,282
G

GuestK0015

Only problem so far! Well done! Happens when clicking on the navigation setting!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171125-123029.png
    Screenshot_20171125-123029.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 2,557

.sirhc

Aug 11, 2010
Wow, thanks a lot!

I have one question before starting to flash: Are the fingerprint-touchpad-gestures included in the Lineage OS build for cedric?

Cheers!

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I cant get this to boot - keeps asking for android decrypt password - even if I wipe data it asks for it (I know the password is but it says unsuccessful decrypt)

I presume it has something to do with selinux not being supported but since my device was encrypted I cant boot it
Tried restoring stock rom and then flashing it but same result

Last edited:

p8tgames

Jan 23, 2017
idk where
I cant get this to boot - keeps asking for android decrypt password - even if I wipe data it asks for it (I know the password is but it says unsuccessful decrypt)

I presume it has something to do with selinux not being supported but since my device was encrypted I cant boot it
Tried restoring stock rom and then flashing it but same result
That's a twrp issue. Go to wipe - data - change file system - ext4. Fixes it or just try to format whole data

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
That's a twrp issue. Go to wipe - data - change file system - ext4. Fixes it or just try to format whole data

doesnt work - if you change to ext4 then you cant decrypt data
I also did fastboot erase userdata which is basically the same thing

Also flashed stock recovery too and it still asks for the decrypt key

Its not a twrp issue (I did compile twrp and its my twrp im using)
I'll just stay on lineage 14.1 until selinux is fix in this

Last edited:

p8tgames

Jan 23, 2017
idk where
doesnt work - if you change to ext4 then you cant decrypt data
I also did fastboot erase userdata which is basically the same thing

Also flashed stock recovery too and it still asks for the decrypt key

Its not a twrp issue (I did compile twrp and its my twrp im using)
I'll just stay on lineage 14.1 until selinux is fix in this
They posted an solution in Cedric tester hub. Let me find it real wuick
Edit: use the format data option and accept by typing "yes"
Selinux isn't problem. A lot of ppl faced that. Join the tester hub If you want to read.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
They posted an solution in Cedric tester hub. Let me find it real wuick
Edit: use the format data option and accept by typing "yes"
Selinux isn't problem. A lot of ppl faced that. Join the tester hub If you want to read.

edit ok so after booting back to lineage 14.1 encryption was gone so I flashed back to lineage 15 and it booted

Strange but seems to be the work around for it

Last edited:

p8tgames

Jan 23, 2017
idk where
Like I said - I formatted data and user data and it made no difference

if @CodeZero could please post the solution here it would be helpful as I can't boot the rom as it keeps asking for decrypt key even after formating data wiping user data and flashing back to stock rom and reflashing

Iv just booted back to lineage 14.1 so I'll just wait for more information
Hmm weird. Many users helped that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.​

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera and Camcorder(video recorder)
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE

What's not working :
    • SELinux is permissive
    • Maybe more ROM specific bugs
    • Usb tethering function does not work.A Third party app such as pdanet might be a solutiıon.
    • This is the one of the first builds for cedric(Oreo), so minor bugs are expected.Please report them if any.

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install :
    - (Optional) Wipe the data & cache & system(Backup to make sure not to loose data)
    - Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
    - Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
    - (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
    - Nothing to wipe when switching
    - (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
    - Reboot

For root access :
    - (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 15.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
    Development : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=231274

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 8.x, Micro or Pico)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional) :
    TWRP 3.1.1-0 : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5/development/official-twrp-3-1-1-0-moto-g5-t3699737

About the builds

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Bug report should be done in following format provided in code below
    Code:
    What is your
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you
    wipe:
     restored with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Q&A - FAQ
    LineageOS 15.0 Cedric Regular Questions and Answers : Q&A Thread

Credits :
    - The LineageOS Team
    - Thanks to @Men_in_black007 @xboxfanj and @erfanoabdi for helping me throughout. Right from the beginning.
    - Thanks to ROM that have been built on Legacy Server and also thanks to all the legacyserver friends
    - Special Thanks to @wzedlare and @vache without them it wouldn't have been possible for us to get Nougat and Oreo
    - Thanks to @jobinrjohnson and @TeamMex for helping and for contributing
    - And also thanks to all the members of Moto G5 (Cedric) Dev Arena Telegram group involving in working and testing
    - Let me know if i missed anyone​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.0, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
    CodeZero, vache, wzedlare
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-11-25
    Last Updated 2017-11-30
    Alright a quick update of what have i been doing lately no updates why? The reason being i have been working on 8.1.0 and also working on lineage-15 64bit .. I have tried to fix some bugs on lineage-15.0 32bit some minor bugs and also got camera related bug fixed thanks to jobin for working on wrapper the bug clicking back to back pictures which causes the camera app fc that issue has been fixed .. I have just now got 8.1.0 booted on cedric everything seems to be working fine except camera and about lineage-15 64bit i and jobin we both are working on it ..we just got twrp 64bit booted and it is working fine and lineage 64bit i almost got it booted but the problem is.. it gets booted up and shows the nav bar and status bar and later on again back to boot animation so it'll take some more time please be patience I'll release it once i feel everything is working fine no eta and about lineage 32bit I'll release the update soon once i get my pc fixed thanks all cheers
    Regards,
    CodeZero
    Finally! You worked hard for this rom.Congratulations
    @CodeZero Thank you for your continued efforts to bring Oreo to us your work is greatly appreciated. Since you are under development you could also take a look at the telephone part because the audio of the calls is very noisy on all the buildings present here on the forum thanks.

Inviato dal mio Moto G (5) utilizzando Tapatalk
    Reserved

Current local manifest of the ROM build
    Code:
    <!-- https://github.com/Sohamlad7/android_development_manifest/blob/local_manifests/lineage-cedric-15.0.xml -->