[ROM] [8.0] [OFFICIAL] [CRGB] [ODIN FLASHABLE] For Galaxy S8 [G950F/FD] [08.09.2018]

Search This thread

Ruturaj Kadam

• Dec 3, 2015
    Dombivli
    Hello guys, my G950FD is from a brazilian operator brand, so it came with a few "brand" apps, reading the posts here, people said that this rom wont wipe my old apps and replace just with the samsung/google apps, because de HOME_CSC. Please help me, how can I wipe all data and just get the original samsung/google apps, without third apps. :confused::confused:

While flashing, enable NAND ERASE ALL in Odin or just factory reset after flashing. :)

Reactions: iurinoe

myabc

Jan 27, 2006
    HELLO... please if i download the rom in first post, can i flash in my italy version g950f with bootloader 3 version R16NW.G950FXXU3CRGH and will have i the unlock oem option? in my R16NW.G950FXXU3CRGH i don't have that oem unlock, perhaps only because i have to wait 7 days before appear unlock oem? thanks

and can someone help me to see if i am already unlocked oem from this picture?? i already was rooted and then reflashed stock, perhaps i don't need to unlock again.....

https://unsee.cc/66592aa0/

Last edited:
    Thank you for Patience and Commitment!

Hi:

I haven't tried this or been able to get off CRAP even. I just want to say the OP has been more patient and available (as have other contributors) than I've ever seen on xda or nearly anywhere else. I have been stuck no root since after 1 week unable to get out of boot loop immediately after a very painful series of attempts to get to Oreo. I think this 950F will be my last Samsung phone: I had bought an G935T not knowing about the locked bootloader and watched folks at TMobile attempt (apparently) to get it unlocked. That's why I moved to 950F, but this has been much too hard and too much work (I've rooted since Galaxy III; all except G6). Right now my G8 has a CSC for Tmobile USA but no "original CSC" so who knows how that will fly... I'll be back after this Oreo (update for me) and TWRP+root, which I believe is written and implemented well in another post.
    I'm a guy who rarely succeeds on first Odin attempt (having used it throughout) but encourage folks to read through an entire post before asking questions: generally, the exact model number must match (here we have 950F and FD) even though you may have seen more models in a single post in some cases in the past (I only know Samsung at all). I have not seen a process recently that could ever work on a different model (e.g. both G935T and G950T any variant). The two things that help the generous and patient OPs is to know your model number and variant before you search and follow any precise matches first and the SW version "Oreo" in this case. Those 4 characters like CRAP: was that a Putin trick I fell for or just a Samsung oops? That detail is too much for me to track as a non-techy, somewhat stable, smartass. Anyone suggest easier to phones to root with removable storage and analog sound jacks? My research suggests LG flagships or Motorola (still Lenovo, I think). Old US brands die hard: GE used to make fission reactors for power plants and 35% of US airline jet engines.... Living within the limits, bloatware and advertising as bad as TV - 1/3 ads and 2/3 smartphone of unrooted stock I cannot do. Except I'm trying to get stuff done not passively watch the best TV we've ever had. I'll post a shorter concise thank you soon! One other point: stock Samsung apps are probably the worst I've ever seen and I go back to Droid 2. At Palm (before phones!) we had better calender, contacts, and Email then Sams with no ads, open everywhere and synched to PC....well I'm old but this canabalism of "we and us" as the product and the customer, as Europe realized, has gone much too far.

biustech

Oct 2, 2012
    Amsterdam
    I 've read the entire post, and just to make sure...
    I'm on Nougat AQK7, rooted, TRWP, and xposed installed. Can I just flash over my current setup and afterward root again and flash TWRP?
    Thanks

Reactions: eduaponce

myabc

Jan 27, 2006
    hello. i have cria custom based rom (lightrom). can i flash as indicated in first post or is there some problems?

2. with this flashing, i lose root and twrp?

thanks

bbo2

Feb 15, 2011
    Can't update

Hi,
    I have an Oreo version on my 950F trying to re-install with the firmware on this post but never get past the same point. Any help? looks like I am the only one with this problem...

<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> skip file list for home binary
    <ID:0/004> param.bin
    <ID:0/004> userdata.img
    <ID:0/004> Home Binary Download
    <ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 4121 M
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/004> sboot.bin
    <ID:0/004> FAIL!
    <ID:0/004>
    <ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Neffarion

Nov 19, 2018
    www.neffware.com
    Hi,
    I have an Oreo version on my 950F trying to re-install with the firmware on this post but never get past the same point. Any help? looks like I am the only one with this problem...

<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> skip file list for home binary
    <ID:0/004> param.bin
    <ID:0/004> userdata.img
    <ID:0/004> Home Binary Download
    <ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 4121 M
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/004> sboot.bin
    <ID:0/004> FAIL!
    <ID:0/004>
    <ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

having this issue too, anyone know a fix?

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
    That did the trick. I found a newer firmware but after odin finishes flashing, it goes to install on the phone and says error in the middle of the screen. It keeps rebooting?

You could start by going into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. If that doesn't work then try flashing firmware again. If you have done a back up first I would use CSC not Home CSC

Huariu

Jan 21, 2019
    Does this fix "IMEI unknown"?

Odin Flashable Android 8.0.0 Oreo Stock Firmware.

Only for Exynos G950F and G950FD variants. For Galaxy S8+ visit here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/development/rom-galaxy-s8-t3749444

Instructions -
    1. Extract zip.
    2. Open Odin 3.13.1 and place AP, BL, CP, and HOME_CSC/CSC.
    3. Start and wait for the device to reboot.
    4. Done!

Note - Use Odin 3.13.1 only for new firmware.

Downloads -
    Official Oreo Odin Flashable CRGB - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OkYK8Z3KPbm9ftJpQ-5yN0DyZpnUNS9f

Odin 3.1.3.1 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=19a2IW8SOFIUy7sDxZQTDo1YcnbXFFEXd

Installation video -

Credits -
    @murtaza02 for his guide :) - https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/how-to/guide-how-to-flash-crap-using-odin-t3748555

Press the thanks button if you want to:silly:

Does this fix IMEI unknown and no service band?

Top Liked Posts