[ROM] [8.0] [OFFICIAL] [CRGB] [ODIN FLASHABLE] For Galaxy S8 [G950F/FD] [08.09.2018]

Search This thread

Tymatk

Feb 18, 2019
You could start by going into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. If that doesn't work then try flashing firmware again. If you have done a back up first I would use CSC not Home CSC
Hi
I have the Aust delivered S8.
After jailbroke it, when i restarted the phone, i got the dreadful only official binaries are allow .....etc. I have tried a heap of difference firmware here but none have been able to bring my phone back to life, please help
Thanks

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Hi
I have the Aust delivered S8.
After jailbroke it, when i restarted the phone, i got the dreadful only official binaries are allow .....etc. I have tried a heap of difference firmware here but none have been able to bring my phone back to life, please help
Thanks

Official binary error is caused more than likely due to your RMM state still in prenormal state. You can check it's state in download mode.
To fix,which I see you have tried, is to re-flash stock firmware. Will need to know what you are trying to flash,any errors in Odin any other info to try and help you out.

benjamen50

Dec 11, 2013
Melbourne
www.mtwo.com.au
Well it usually happens because OEM unlock wasn't enabled in developer settings before flashing any custom files on the phone via ODIN. (the dev settings option is hidden until you press on build number 7 times under software version)

If the phone was rooted you'll most likely have to do a factory reset (or flash non home csc) after flashing stock firmware to unbrick the phone

GusTheHun

Jan 17, 2019
PORT MACQUARIE
That did the trick. I found a newer firmware but after odin finishes flashing, it goes to install on the phone and says error in the middle of the screen. It keeps rebooting?

I been the same situation 15 mins ago, I did again with the same firmware and after Odin finished its "updated the system".. Then stop, black all only the charging purple circle on with a small flash in the middle but do nothing. Out from PC plug in fastcharger , the battery in 0 % . Now Is on 6% , will try just switch it on, keep you guys updated. :eek:)

Edit: Starting up, Yes Optus, installing applications, making till the " Hi There" then restart. Keep restarting but doesnt reach the Hi There anymore. Battery on 10%.

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

I been the same situation 15 mins ago, I did again with the same firmware and after Odin finished its "updated the system".. Then stop, black all only the charging purple circle on with a small flash in the middle but do nothing. Out from PC plug in fastcharger , the battery in 0 % . Now Is on 6% , will try just switch it on, keep you guys updated. :eek:)

Edit: Starting up, Yes Optus, installing applications, making till the " Hi There" then restart. Keep restarting but doesnt reach the Hi There anymore. Battery on 10%.

Ok, so between restarts I gone to download mode again, and flashed 3rd times the same firmware :
D:\Phones\G950FXXS4CSA2_G950FOPS4CRJ1

All good and working. OEM unlock option still not there.

Last edited:

gaurang.hv

Sep 4, 2017
Rajkot
Secure folder not working

Hello everyone, I have G950FD. I was using hadesRom Pie Stock v4.1 for S8. But now I want to use secure folder so I flashed this stock firmware but when I try to use Secure folder it show me this error "Couldn't create secure folder", Something went wrong. If this problem persists, contact Customer service.
I have also tried oreo stock rom. Also flashed latest firmware from sammobile but no fix.
One more thing I'm not able to flash home_csc.

Please some one help me to fix this issue. I need secure folder back.
Thanks in advance.

kruuth

Oct 23, 2010
There some trick to get this going on the G950FD? I get it into ODIN but just says "GET PIT FOR MAPPING" and then fails.

EDIT: Fixed it. Did a wipe from inside TWRP and then flashed. Went fine.

Last edited:

Adelio85

May 23, 2019
Stuck on android 9

Hello,
Can I ask why when I flash this rom my s8 stays on android pie although I am using the oreo you provided from the link?
I was surprised to see pie after flashing oreo lol
I am trying to go back to stock rom and make Google pay work again but it says my android is not legit or rooted.

Any idea please?
Many thanks!

gggg

Jun 18, 2012
!!! THX to OP and suppprters like @spawnlives and @benjamen50 who help us out here !!!

I last rootet a Galaxy A5 3 years ago on Android4.4.4. ;) So sorry for my knowledge beeing a bit outdated ;)

We have two 950F:

1st is on Oreo: G950FXXU3CRGH

2nd is on Pie: G950FXXU4DSDA

1 From what I read so far, I can flash the firmware mentioned in the 1st post on my G950FXXU3CRGH, because it is on the same bootloader V3, but I cannot flash it on my second G950FXXU4DSDA as this has Bootloader V4 or is there any way to flash / downgrade ?!

No. You'll need to do edits in the firmware like I did. By extracting it and then again repacking it to .tar
Follow the guide mentioned in the OP.
Does this mean we can install TWRP and Magisk to get custom recovery and root without tripping KNOX thanks to your patched firmware ?

Last edited:

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
!!! THX to OP and suppprters like @spawnlives and @benjamen50 who help us out here !!!

I last rootet a Galaxy A5 3 years ago on Android4.4.4. ;) So sorry for my knowledge beeing a bit outdated ;)

We have two 950F:

1st is on Oreo: G950FXXU3CRGH

2nd is on Pie: G950FXXU4DSDA

1 From what I read so far, I can flash the firmware mentioned in the 1st post on my G950FXXU3CRGH, because it is on the same bootloader V3, but I cannot flash it on my second G950FXXU4DSDA as this has Bootloader V4 or is there any way to flash / downgrade ?!

Does this mean we can install TWRP and Magisk to get custom recovery and root without tripping KNOX thanks to your patched firmware ?

1. You can not down grade software version ( v4 to v3 or lower ) . You can download for example from Pie to Oreo and long as it bootloader v4 ( or higher )

2. Knox will be tripped if any form of non - samsung signed firmware flashed on to it.
Ie: twrp,root custom rom etc ....

Last edited:
Reactions: gggg

gggg

Jun 18, 2012
1. You can not down grade software version ( v4 to v3 or lower ) . You can download for example from Pie to Oreo and long as it bootloader v4 ( or higher )

2. Knox will be tripped if any form of non - samsung signed firmware flashed on to it.

THX for your fast reply.

1 Is it possible to downgrade to Oreo by flashing all OREO packages except BL to keep BL V5 from PIE (maybe with Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD) ?

2 That was what I expected, but what ment @Ruturaj Kadam wihth his statement then ?

Last edited:

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
THX for your fast reply.

1 Is it possible to downgrade to Oreo by flashing all OREO packages except BL to keep BL V5 from PIE (maybe with Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD) ?

2 That was what I expected, but what ment @Ruturaj Kadam wihth his statement then ?

If you are talking about using v4 bl ( pie ) and using Oreo v3 ( or less ) then it won't work. You are still down grading firmware no matter what Odin you use.

I don't following this thread so I am not sure what statement you mean.

nkojic966

Aug 19, 2018
hey guys, i need help, i am on bootloader 5 pie and i want to downgrade to oreo stock or custom rom it doesn't matter i have g950f s8 exynos. Thank you ?

arough007

Mar 27, 2013

Im sorry but I don't quite understand.
Can I just flash the whole package from here onto my s8 Pie and it works?
Or is it not at all possible to use Oreo again after once running Pie?

Thansk in advance

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Im sorry but I don't quite understand.
Can I just flash the whole package from here onto my s8 Pie and it works?
Or is it not at all possible to use Oreo again after once running Pie?

Thansk in advance

Depending on your binary ( bootloader ) version number you can not downgrade part or full firmware.
For example if you are on pie flashing the firmware from the OP won't work.
Do you know what firmware you are on?

arough007

Mar 27, 2013
Depending on your binary ( bootloader ) version number you can not downgrade part or full firmware.
For example if you are on pie flashing the firmware from the OP won't work.
Do you know what firmware you are on?

I'm at work right now, so sadly not.
But the phone definetly has Pie on it.

If the bootloader is to high a number there's no way to downgrade that?

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
I'm at work right now, so sadly not.
But the phone definetly has Pie on it.

If the bootloader is to high a number there's no way to downgrade that?

Bootloader can be check in setting - about phone - software info - baseband version ( 5th number from right). You can also tell bootloader number in download (Odin) mode with a line saying AP SWREV B:? : K? : S?. The B is your bootloader number.
If your bootloader is version 5 or higher then you cannot downgrade to Oreo.

Top Liked Posts