[ROM][8.0][OpenKirin's Treble AOSP Oreo for Honor 8Pro]

Search This thread

DigiGoon

maybe, but you will run into issues for sure, thats why you have to do it. We are talking about the switch from heavily modified EMUI -> clean AOSP ^^

Regards

Yeah, I understand, but just to clear the doubt. Will do it (factory reset).
And yeah, thanks for the awesome work, will wait for the tree to get update. :p

Regards,
DigiGoon

Berdi86

Mar 23, 2013
Schmalkalden
Can i still use twrp for oreo with it?

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

I have oreo 320, rooted and twrp for oreo installed.
I want to format data , wipe and factory reset, then flash system, and then flash twrp oreo, then factory reset.
Right???

L

LastStandingDroid

Can i still use twrp for oreo with it?

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

I have oreo 320, rooted and twrp for oreo installed.
I want to format data , wipe and factory reset, then flash system, and then flash twrp oreo, then factory reset.
Right???

Yes as your still on oreo bootloader Ave teeos your current twrp will work just fine.

Also there's no need to decrypt storage so only factory reset is needed :) what a good day I can finally test this aosp version after 6 weeks :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
the factory reset has to be done with the stock recovery, not twrp, i suggest anyone to not use twrp unless you want some critical mods like xposed - remember to revert back to stock recovery afterwards.
I will look into proper TWRP support and magisk today, so we can root without much hustle.

Teaser for the upcomming version:
* fps gestures (cannbe activated via settings)
* pixel launcher
* further gapps integration (like setupwizard)

Regards

Reactions: DigiGoon

nanortemis

Jun 14, 2008
Its worked on my honor 8 pro even i had a same issue as u have i try lots of method but finally this method worked.just try once.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

There will be two update.app one in dload folder and one in update_hw folder in dload,just rename it to update.app and replace in to the zip.

I got an error, but it recovered the previous partition layout and I was able to run the standard dload recovery, this helped me to understand
how to improve it and now I'm able to go smoothly from Oreo to Nugat and vice versa, tested many times yesterday.
I will post the improved version in another thread to not spam this one...

swapcall

Feb 23, 2015
I got an error, but it recovered the previous partition layout and I was able to run the standard dload recovery, this helped me to understand
how to improve it and now I'm able to go smoothly from Oreo to Nugat and vice versa, tested many times yesterday.
I will post the improved version in another thread to not spam this one...
Can you guide me as well.
Currently on emui 5.1 stock bootloader locked
Want to test this rom and if you can guide me like going to oreo and nugat back and forth it will be great.
Really tired of waiting official oreo update.

srvoleti

Sep 7, 2008
India
Can you guide me as well.
Currently on emui 5.1 stock bootloader locked
Want to test this rom and if you can guide me like going to oreo and nugat back and forth it will be great.
Really tired of waiting official oreo update.
Yes, such a guide will be very helpful. @nanortemis, please post it, I for one is waiting for such a guide!

Berdi86

Mar 23, 2013
Schmalkalden
when i want to install open gapps arm64 8.0 full, it says that i should install 7.1....abort
when i want to install open gapps arm64 7.1 full, it says that the platforn not fits, and that i have arm 32 bit (wtf???)

but root works. now i want to install magisk, but it doesn´t seems to work (root already installed)
has anyone a original recovery for emui8 (1 and 2)?

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
when i want to install open gapps arm64 8.0 full, it says that i should install 7.1....abort
when i want to install open gapps arm64 7.1 full, it says that the platforn not fits, and that i have arm 32 bit (wtf???)

but root works. now i want to install magisk, but it doesn´t seems to work (root already installed)
has anyone a original recovery for emui8 (1 and 2)?
every functionality from gapps that cannot be installed via an app is included in the build - so ehy do you want to flash gapps again?

Berdi86

Mar 23, 2013
Schmalkalden
fingerprint sensor does only learn up to a quarter circle.... What is the reason for it? my supersu?

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

every functionality from gapps that cannot be installed via an app is included in the build - so ehy do you want to flash gapps again?

iwant to install actuall gapps, but its not important. rom works good, but fingerprint...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tomshw.it%2Fdata%2Fthumbs%2F1%2F1%2F6%2F1%2F595774b7bb5cb04bf8e97000318b1a150-1c45ba0e434040b4636492931dca0bd86.jpg

Team OpenKirin presents AOSP Oreo for Honor 8 Pro based on Project Treble.
    Since v0 all major bugs have been fixed and only a minor one is left.

Current issues:
    1. 2G/3G network only show full signal strength

Installation
    1. flash EMUI8 and unlock bootloader
    2. flash system.img via fastboot
      Code:
      [I]command:[/I]
      fastboot flash system system.img
    3. do a factory reset via stock recovery and enjoy

Download
    [url]https://mega.nz/#!Hxgwwb4J!hYeo8N5wwdRSqPwV8JMgHhADVNowkpVZCVqjHxWtoLQ[/URL]

Credits
    * @OldDroid
    * @surdu_petru
    * @XePeleato
    Special Thanks
    * @svetius

XDA:DevDB Information
    Treble AOSP Oreo, ROM for the Honor 8 Pro

Contributors
    OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato, Phhusson
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/OpenKirin[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8.0
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-12-05
    Last Updated 2018-01-25
    Changelog
    * v0 - initial version
    • never released
    * v1 - beta release
    • fixed bluetooth
    • fixed FPS
    • fixed tethering
    • fixed MicroSD
    • enabled doze
    * v2 - stable release
    • Say hello to GApps (Play Store, Google Calendar, Gboard, Google App, Search)
    • huawei stock camera is now included (beauty mode is not working, picture can be viewed in gallery)
    • Music & Gallery2 are gone, replaced by Lineage gallery and a modified variant of SnapdragonMusic
    • Update the system side security patch from 2017-11-05 to 2018-01-05
    • fixed the display glitches
    • fixed sim lost after reboot bug
    • fixed offline charging
    • fixed encryption
    • fixed aosp keyboard fc (replaced with Gboard)
    • fixed automatic APN detection
    @OldDroid honor has released kernel source, will it be helpful. There is no active development for this phone except you. Please don't leave us.
    i won't leave you guys alone out here, i'm not planning to sell it either, i keep it as development device - the reason why i got it

Well kernel sources have been out for a while now, but something is broken regarding the inbuilt kernel modules - they simply won't be loaded and causes some issues, e.g. wifi/bt/gps broken

Regards
    Good news all:
    I will push out a new update soon.
    Display glitches/artifacts have been fixed, aswell as dual sim. Security patch has been bumped up to the latest version - as a little addition the rom will now also feature the stock huawei camera instead the aosp variant, portrait mode is the only current bug regarding this camera application, otherwise it works like on stock! Ah did i mention that encryption has been fixed aswell?

Regards
    Changelog for V2:
    * Say hello to GApps (Play Store, Google Calendar, Gboard, Google App, Search)
    * huawei stock camera is now included (beauty mode is not working, picture can be viewed in gallery)
    * Music & Gallery2 are gone, replaced by Lineage gallery and a modified variant of SnapdragonMusic
    * Update the system side security patch from 2017-11-05 to 2018-01-05
    * fixed the display glitches
    * fixed sim lost after reboot bug
    * fixed offline charging
    * fixed encryption
    * fixed aosp keyboard fc (replaced with Gboard)
    * fixed automatic APN detection

i'm sure i forgot something, but nvm.

I also wanted to thank @phhusson one more time for all his efforts and research on project treble - thanks buddy!

Have a good night!