[ROM][8.1.0][20200224][UNOFFICIAL] AospExtended V5.8 | Xiaomi Mi Pad 1 | Shield Blobs

Search This thread
Maybe your touchscreen is not stock. Only a few ROM can adapt, unfortunately I can't remember which.

UPDATED: Just found the ROM, a user also face the same issue as you, SHIELD-BLOBS not support third party screen. https://xdaforums.com/mi-pad/development/unofficial-lineageos-14-1-xiami-mipad-t3557616

Thank you for the link! I went and tried this and yes touch does work. There are others that work too but they are maximum Nougat. Sad I can't have O or P on the pad. Maybe will try building a working version by myself.

Nov 4, 2008
Thank you for the link! I went and tried this and yes touch does work. There are others that work too but they are maximum Nougat. Sad I can't have O or P on the pad. Maybe will try building a working version by myself.

You are welcome :good:. So far the ROM I tested, only OREO is stable. PIE is still not optimised well, very laggy and sluggish.

zackdx

Oct 7, 2020
After less than 1 minutes of screen off, it refuses to turn on later and I have to restart for it to work.

I managed to solve it, remembering that my previous rom was stock.

Instruction
1) download TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
2) unzip TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
3) download recovery-03.11.2018
4) go to fastboot mode
5) execute command: fastboot flash tos your path to tos.img
6) execute command: fastboot flash recovery your path to recovery-03.11.2018.img
7) reboot to new recovery(u can execute fastboot reboot holding vol+ button)
8) make full wipes then
9) install [ROM][8.1.0][20200224][UNOFFICIAL] AospExtended V5.8 and gaspps

I did it like this above and now everything works fine, except the camera of course

Obs :
I didn't install the blob

Amazing rom ! congratulations !! i love it

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadInCloud

bastago88

Feb 20, 2011
if I flash tos (TosForPSCI-0.1.zip) and recovery-03.11.2018.img my mipad stops entering recovery and stays with the MI logo on screen.

What can I do? It seems that I always have the problem when trying to prepare the tablet for Shields Blobs

usr1313

Apr 16, 2022
Installed AEX 5.8, works and is snappy. However if I install gapps 8.1 nano, micro or pico the tablets boot alright but gapps updates forever. Can't use if I flash gapps. Any body encountering this issue? Previous ROM is LOS14.

anagrams

Jan 12, 2012
Hi,
I had an older version installed, so I made a full wipe, installed the rom, the nano gapps (I can't install any larger file, due to error 70), but I get stuck to the "looking for an update" screen, with no way to bypass it.
Any idea what to do ?

usr1313

Apr 16, 2022
Hi,
I had an older version installed, so I made a full wipe, installed the rom, the nano gapps (I can't install any larger file, due to error 70), but I get stuck to the "looking for an update" screen, with no way to bypass it.
Any idea what to do ?
Same issue I'm having. Were you able to resolve it?

HeadInCloud

Jun 13, 2023
After less than 1 minutes of screen off, it refuses to turn on later and I have to restart for it to work.

I managed to solve it, remembering that my previous rom was stock.

Instruction
1) download TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
2) unzip TosForPSCI-0.1.zip
3) download recovery-03.11.2018
4) go to fastboot mode
5) execute command: fastboot flash tos your path to tos.img
6) execute command: fastboot flash recovery your path to recovery-03.11.2018.img
7) reboot to new recovery(u can execute fastboot reboot holding vol+ button)
8) make full wipes then
9) install [ROM][8.1.0][20200224][UNOFFICIAL] AospExtended V5.8 and gaspps

I did it like this above and now everything works fine, except the camera of course

Obs :
I didn't install the blob

Amazing rom ! congratulations !! i love it
Thank you.. This was helpful. Also I should have read the 2. more clearly. Bricked (and brought back) my MiPad several times before realizing that I need to unzip it. lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aexlogo.png

Smoothness of AOSP with awesome Extensions.
    AOSP Extended is an AOSP based rom which provides stock UI/UX with various customisations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box. We will constantly try to add more features and make it even better in future updates. A ROM by a user, for a user. #StayAOSP #ExtendYourDevice #BeExtended

Information

-> This ROM is for the Mi Pad 1 (codename: mocha) only. Please do not try it on other devices.
    -> This ROM is based on @Artemka2008's sources. Full credit to him for his work on them

Bug
    Same as Oreo LOS based on shield blobs:
    • Camera is broken

bugs for this rom:
    • tell me if you find it

Installation after 2018/11

-> flash tos.img for psci 0.1 and recovery from this thread

Installation

-> change active system to system1
    -> merge system partition
    -> flash BootBlobs-SHIELD-mocha.zip
    -> flash twrp-3.2.1-0-mocha-shield-20180419.img or twrp-3.2.1-0-mocha-shield-multirom-20180419.img (multirom support) as recovery (not boot), then reboot to recovery (press vol+ while rebooting)
    -> flash multirom-20180403-v33x-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip if you need multirom.
    -> flash ROM
    -> flash GAPPS ARM
    -> flash SuperSU or Magisk
    -> reboot

Sources

Device
    Kernel
    Vendor

Credits

@highwaystar_ru
    @Artemka2008
    @DbIm4pda

Download

AFH folder

XDA:DevDB Information
    AospExtended Oreo for mocha (shield blobs), ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
    twu2
    Source Code: https://github.com/AospExtended

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2020-02-24

Created 2018-04-19
    Last Updated 2020-02-26
    Changelog

20200224-0619:
    • fix OMX (Video Hardware Decoder)

20181109-0524:
    • sync source to 8.1.0_r50 (include 2018-11-05 security patch)
    • change kernel to SmokeR24.1-V3.5 (need tos.img for psci 0.1)
    • add ChargeTile

20180906-1134:
    • sync source to 8.1.0_r46 (include 2018-09-05 security patch)

20180812-1130:
    • sync source to 8.1.0_r43 (include 2018-08-05 security patch)
    • change kernel to SmokeR24.1-V3.2

20180708-1452:
    • sync source to 8.1.0_r36 (include 2018-07-05 security patch)
    • disable zram support
    • add libxml2.so (for Dolby Atmos Oreo)
    • disable selinux deny_unknown

20180607-1249:
    • sync source to 8.1.0_r30 (include 2018-06-05 security patch)
    • disable NTFS kernel support (revert back to ntfs-3g)
    • reload profile after reboot in PerformanceProfilesTile
    • disable all hardware encoder/decoder

20180509-0659:
    • sync source to 8.1.0_r26
    Issue resolved

My mipad got hanged in the twrp recovery. Please help.

I tried changing the recovery, didn't help.

i tried flashing fastboot rom . But no use.

please help.

Thanks in advance.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE SOLUTION... FOUND IN MIUI FORUM... THANK YOU...

Here is the step by step solution of how to flash the original blob

STEPS
    1. First Download " BootBlobs-STOCK-mocha.zip " from the thread : http://en.miui.com/thread-1009337-1-1.html

scroll down through the tread you will find the zip..

2. Now extract the zip file ...
    3. Now install the mitool .. Do not install the new version as it will not properly work for mi pad.. So download from here
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B16P57gCKUMycUh2cGh2empCdkk/view?usp=docslist_api and install it.. Credit goes to http://en.miui.com/thread-394331-1-1.html .. You will also find the tool in the thread..

4. after installing the mitool ..

copy 3 files ie.

BLOB
    Recovery.img
    Tos.img

which have been extracted from "BootBlobs-STOCK-mocha.zip" to C:\Program Files (x86)\Xiaomi\MiPhone\Google\Android

5. After While in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Xiaomi\MiPhone\Google\Android folder, hold down the left Shift key on your keyboard and right click inside this folder and then select Open command window here.

6. Now use the command

fastboot flash staging blob
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash tos tos.img
    fastboot reboot

MI pad will reboot back and now you can flash anything..
    Hope you enjoy...
    AEX 7.1, shield blobs or stock blobs? Can you share the link of the rom/ thread? And is camera working in it?
    Runs on shield blobs.
    Camera doesn't work
    AEX 7.1, shield blobs or stock blobs? Can you share the link of the rom/ thread? And is camera working in it?
    That "normal version" is about youtube and ROM is AEX 7.1 Shield Blob and its from the same developer twu2 of 8.1 Shield Blobs