• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.1.0][32bit][athene] Unofficial LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

CMKdaGreatest

Nov 6, 2017
Its not ram related because its 32bit which didn't had this problem like the 64bit versions.
I have no idea what it could be, do you restore anything from backup? Tell me a bit more maybe we can solve this.

He has written "from the rom" so think means the one which is build in. I didn't test it just looks if its booting or not, didn't had the time tbh. Maybe some people can confirm this?
Video Camera not working for me, in the latest build. I'm talking bout stock camera

HeethJain21

Mar 10, 2015
Mumbai
He has written "from the rom" so think means the one which is build in. I didn't test it just looks if its booting or not, didn't had the time tbh. Maybe some people can confirm this?

Sent from my whyred using XDA Labs

No, the stock camera still doesn't work while recording videos. I thought he might have tweaked some settings in the ROM which made video recording to work in stock camera app. Got too excited and thought we finally have the solution to that problem:silly:

Guess we will have to wait till Motorola brings oreo for athene which as far as I understand should fix the remaining problems!

tyratron

Jan 11, 2017
Video Camera not working for me, in the latest build. I'm talking bout stock camera

No, the stock camera still doesn't work while recording videos. I thought he might have tweaked some settings in the ROM which made video recording to work in stock camera app. Got too excited and thought we finally have the solution to that problem:silly:

Guess we will have to wait till Motorola brings oreo for athene which as far as I understand should fix the remaining problems!

I didn't test the stock camera app ported from stock ROM. I use what's in the ROM itself. In settings it's called com.android.camera2 and it has that simple menu. It could record the videos just fine.

And as I said earlier the Messenger and WhatsApp can also record videos.

IIRC someone said that the fix was merged in the Lineage sources. It was around the one of the last two updates.

EDIT: Here it is #376

And sorry for mentioning wrong person :)

Last edited:

vinylmeister

Nov 3, 2013
Germany
Its not ram related because its 32bit which didn't had this problem like the 64bit versions.
I have no idea what it could be, do you restore anything from backup? Tell me a bit more maybe we can solve this.

Thank you for replying. I do not restore anything, and made a full clean flash. I also have a bare minimum oft apps installed. It feels very laggy, e.g. by scrolling, entering lockscreen pin. Do i need a few charging cycles to get rid of this? And wäre can i find the battery/notification led?

Gruß ;)

CMKdaGreatest

Nov 6, 2017
I didn't test the stock camera app ported from stock ROM. I use what's in the ROM itself. In settings it's called com.android.camera2 and it has that simple menu. It could record the videos just fine.

IIRC someone said that the fix was merged in the Lineage sources. It was around the one of the last two updates.

By stock, I meant the gcam that comes with this lineage os build. Video recording didn't work for me tho.......

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io

No we talking about the same, the camera app which comes with this rom.

Its interessting why it works for you and for some not and tbh i have no clue why...

Can you please take logs while you open the camera and start a video, this could be helpfull.

Thank you for replying. I do not restore anything, and made a full clean flash. I also have a bare minimum oft apps installed. It feels very laggy, e.g. by scrolling, entering lockscreen pin. Do i need a few charging cycles to get rid of this? And wäre can i find the battery/notification led?

Gruß ;)

Well this time did not changed much, do you had this problem with an other relase too?
Look under settings - apps & notifications - notifications, there you find them for battery and notification.

Gruß zurück

ArthurRio

Sep 30, 2018
Fortaleza
Hello, this rom is amazing, batery drain is good, no lags, the UI gives a blinking error and I'm forced to reboot the device but this occurred only twice on my device(XT1640), bugs on camera :/, dont record and dont shot photos, but oreo roms have this error, right? Sgspluss thank you so much, good job bro :) :good:

tyratron

Jan 11, 2017

Its interessting why it works for you and for some not and tbh i have no clue why...

Can you please take logs while you open the camera and start a video, this could be helpfull.

Yeah, I will try to get the logs, but I don't have magisk installed and will have access to computer with Android SDK around 20:00 CEST. Once I get it I will grant permission to MatLog and fetch you a log. :highfive:

aadityaraj1

Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi

I used the latest build and got many random reboots while playing games and also while normal usage in 1 day I got almost 3-4 random reboots.
Also video recording works on stock cam and google cam but not gets saved on memory and app stucks on saving part.
Sorry can't provide logs because I installed another rom and I wiped internal storage mistakenly while flashing another rom:crying: .
Sorry again for not providing logs.

samuel6827

Oct 24, 2015
I used the latest build and got many random reboots while playing games and also while normal usage in 1 day I got almost 3-4 random reboots.
Also video recording works on stock cam and google cam but not gets saved on memory and app stucks on saving part.
Sorry can't provide logs because I installed another rom and I wiped internal storage mistakenly while flashing another rom:crying: .
Sorry again for not providing logs.

Wow ive been using latest room with no random reboots happening on me, video recording is dead for me but the system ui issue happens alot :good:

tyratron

Jan 11, 2017
@sgspluss there goes the log.

If something's not right I will make another ?

EDIT: I've sent it on priv, becuase the attachment is too big

Last edited:

gavron

Jan 9, 2005
Today's question: On some versions of LoS one can disable the "Presidential Alerts". On this one, you can either "disable all alerts" -- which I did -- and which does not disable presidential alerts, or enable all.

Can you either restore granularity so we can selectively enable/disable OR add presidential alerts into the "all" alerts being disabled?

Thank you in advance for any consideration!

Ehud Gavron
Tucson, AZ US

Slayer5934

Nov 25, 2015
Today's question: On some versions of LoS one can disable the "Presidential Alerts". On this one, you can either "disable all alerts" -- which I did -- and which does not disable presidential alerts, or enable all.

Can you either restore granularity so we can selectively enable/disable OR add presidential alerts into the "all" alerts being disabled?

Thank you in advance for any consideration!

Ehud Gavron
Tucson, AZ US

Why on earth would you disable US wide alerts? They are only sent when needed or very rarely tests.

gavron

Jan 9, 2005
Why on earth would you disable US wide alerts? They are only sent when needed or very rarely tests.

Not really an XDA question, but the commentators on SlashDot can help explain the concept.
https://tech.slashdot.org/story/18/...ential-alert-at-218-pm-eastern-today#comments

Ehud
Edit: Who would think that EVERY SINGLE PHONE in the US needs to get simultaneous messages.? I'm sorry, but have you seen what happens during an Amber alert in a restaurant? It disrupts everything for half an hour as everyone rushes to their purse, pocket, etc. and everyone checks their phone. Then they talk about nothing else. If you want to make your phone a tool of the government, good for you. I don't get paid to distribute their "advertising". LoS in some builds allows disabling that. I'd like that for my MotoG4. You don't like it? Don't disable it.

Last edited:

Slayer5934

Nov 25, 2015
If you want to make your phone a tool of the government, good for you. I don't get paid to distribute their "advertising".

It's just a broadcast system, looks like you've been taking too many pain killers or something.
Either way I hardly think the feature is urgent, it's like asking someone to disable a fire alarm because you don't like the loud beepy noise.
And to respond to the people freaking out on that forum, is it really that horrible for a noise to go off while driving or eating? No different than a phone call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iamanel

gavron

Jan 9, 2005
It's just a broadcast system, looks like you've been taking too many pain killers or something.
Either way I hardly think the feature is urgent, it's like asking someone to disable a fire alarm because you don't like the loud beepy noise.
And to respond to the people freaking out on that forum, is it really that horrible for a noise to go off while driving or eating? No different than a phone call.

Insulting people is not a way to achieve any useful communication, unless your message is "I don't get why you want it, and you shouldn't want it, and it's good for you, and you've been taking too many pain killers or something."

This feature exists in many LoS builds. I'm simply asking for it to be incorporated in this one. If you can't help, and all you can do is insult, get some help.

E
Edit: You said "It's just a broadcast system." Read this: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/presid...-system-to-cellphones-citing-first-amendment/
If you're not a United States citizen I can understand why you wouldn't get that. Or if you're not educated.

Last edited:

Slayer5934

Nov 25, 2015
Insulting people is not a way to achieve any useful communication

Edit: You said "It's just a broadcast system." Read this: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/presid...-system-to-cellphones-citing-first-amendment/
If you're not a United States citizen I can understand why you wouldn't get that. Or if you're not educated.

I am a US citizen and I don't see the issue with an emergency broadcast system unless its broadcasting propaganda, the article you linked even mentions that fact if you read it properly.
"This new presidential alert is nationwide and only used for advance warning of national crises."
"Johnson said it is designed to be used very rarely – and without political agenda."

I understand some people dont like Trump much, but I havnt got any political propaganda or felt that my device was being "seized" in any way, it's just a warning system.

Either way your right though, maybe I should keep my insults to myself.

Not really an XDA question, but the commentators on SlashDot can help explain the concept.
https://tech.slashdot.org/story/18/...ential-alert-at-218-pm-eastern-today#comments

Ehud
Edit: Who would think that EVERY SINGLE PHONE in the US needs to get simultaneous messages.? I'm sorry, but have you seen what happens during an Amber alert in a restaurant? It disrupts everything for half an hour as everyone rushes to their purse, pocket, etc. and everyone checks their phone. Then they talk about nothing else. If you want to make your phone a tool of the government, good for you. I don't get paid to distribute their "advertising". LoS in some builds allows disabling that. I'd like that for my MotoG4. You don't like it? Don't disable it.

You're part of the problem.

We're entering an age where everyone is so self absorbed that any situation that isn't about them or doesn't include them is immediately unimportant.

You said that Amber Alerts are distracting.

Distracting. Really? Someone has a child that is missing and that is VERY important. It's not your child, though, so I guess it's not important.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void!
    You will be doing everything at your own risk.
    I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices.

What's working
    Mostly everything except for those mentioned in not working list.

What's not working
    Torch quick tile
    SELinux

How to install
    1. Wipe system, data and both cache partitions
    2. Install the ROM + GApps
    3. Wipe again both cache partitions
    4. Now you can boot to the system

Download
    Unofficial LineageOS 15.1
    sgspluss-gapps

Sources
    github.com/sgspluss

Credits and Thanks
    @sgspluss @Nikit @golden-guy @rajatgupta1998 @Jleeblanch @alaindupus
    Changelog

Code:
    [B]lineage-15.1-20180930-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix missmerge in mmc
    Update some lines in defconfig
    Sync with latest LineageOS sources
    Sync with latest TeamButter sources
    Some other device and kernel stuff

[B]lineage-15.1-20180805-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]

[B]lineage-15.1-20180721-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]

[B]lineage-15.1-20180715-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]

[B]lineage-15.1-20180707-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix kernel local version
    Revert CPU overclock

[B]lineage-15.1-20180621-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]

[B]lineage-15.1-20180615-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Add again given 1,6GHz as max frequency for big cluster
    Add some more memory leak fixes

[B]lineage-15.1-20180526-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Add Camera2 instead Snap due to problems
    Add some more memory leak fixes
    Revert zram tuning
    Clean up system.prop a bit

[B]lineage-15.1-20180520-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Add rebased kernel 3.10.108
    Revert CPU overclock

[B]lineage-15.1-20180519-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix BT-call
    Add Snap camera
    Remove Updater because we are not offical
    Revert GPU overclock

[B]lineage-15.1-20180430-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix VoLTE
    Fix Widevine DRM

[B]lineage-15.1-20180420-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix Chop-Chop
    Add given 1,6GHz as max frequency for big cluster
    Add GPU overclock to 600MHz
    Add lower swappiness to kernel default

[B]lineage-15.1-20180416-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Add increase wlan network scan interval
    Add livedisplay and auto brightness disable on first boot

[B]lineage-15.1-20180413-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix GPS
    Fix Camera (just video recording is brocken in Camera2)

[B]lineage-15.1-20180410-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix Speaker / Microphone
    Add memory leak fixes

[B]lineage-15.1-20180408-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Initial release
    Okay i've changed the plan...
    So far i got no messages about random reboots, think it would be helpfull if more would test it, because everyone use his phone differently.

Download: https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=sgspluss&dl=sgspluss/testkernelathene/boot.img

I've tried to fix random reboots by finding some bugs, since i've got a new phone i can't test it as some who use this phone as daily driver. So any tester are welcome. This means please report if you got random reboot and what did you done before and of course any other kernel releated bug.

Now 6 member got an test kernel, hope to get feedbacks in few days.
    If reports will fine and everything goes well, will push an overall update.

Stay tuned ;)
    Actually i dont have the time to build, i'va at work from morning to the late evening and need also time my wife and kids. If i will find some time will build an update.

Maybe yes maybe no, from me not because of the time reason.