• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.1.0][32bit][athene] Unofficial LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

gavron

Jan 9, 2005
You're part of the problem.

We're entering an age where everyone is so self absorbed that any situation that isn't about them or doesn't include them is immediately unimportant.

You said that Amber Alerts are distracting.

Distracting. Really? Someone has a child that is missing and that is VERY important. It's not your child, though, so I guess it's not important.

First, this is about a user requesting a common LineageOS feature be enabled on _this_ build as well.

Second, while you're so caught up in your social justice war read what I wrote. Having every phone within a restaurant or a city block or ten city blocks doesn't help. Signs on the roadways help, as do radio broadcasts you can voluntarily tune to, instead of tuning out of.

It's not about your kid, my kid, anyone's kid. When someone coopts my phone I dismiss the message and go on. It's like spam only somehow "it's ok because it's the government"... like robocalls from politicians, which are exempt from the Do Not Call Registry.

I'll stop here because I've said three times this is a common LoS feature and I'm only requesting that it be enabled for this build.

E

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
@sgspluss there goes the log.

If something's not right I will make another ?

EDIT: I've sent it on priv, becuase the attachment is too big

Thanks for the logs, will take a look into it as soon as i'll find some time, hopefully on weekend...

Can you either restore granularity so we can selectively enable/disable OR add presidential alerts into the "all" alerts being disabled?

Will search around and look in other device sources, as long as its device spezific it should be possible, if its related to lineage sources itself then i can do nothing. This means will see what i can do but no promises at all.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs

tyratron

Jan 11, 2017
There goes the screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20181005-075150.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20181005-075150.png
    122.9 KB · Views: 619
  • Screenshot_Settings_20181005-075206.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20181005-075206.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 619
  • Screenshot_Settings_20181005-075211.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20181005-075211.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 597
  • Screenshot_Cell_Broadcasts_20181005-075217.png
    Screenshot_Cell_Broadcasts_20181005-075217.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 609
Reactions: Slayer5934

gavron

Jan 9, 2005
@sgspluss @ArthurRio @gavron

Settings > Apps & notifications > Advaced > Emergency Alerts

Choose whatever you like. Voila. :p

You really should read the post right before yours. That quotes mine. That points out Presidential Alerts aren't a discrete settable value *AND* are not included in "Disable all alerts*.

So your "Voila :p" really means "Didn't bother to either test my advice before posting nor read what other people wrote."

E

Yush_noob

Jun 27, 2016
My g4 plus is a Rooted 7.0 NPJS25 running in Elemental X Kernel with last security update on 1 June 2017.
Should i just follow steps as the OP stated or is there something more i need to do, also is this ROM latest or is there a newer version.
Sorry for being a noob. Every help is Appreciated :)

nikhilninawe

Feb 1, 2016
Device is not certified

Googe play store says device is not certified.
Even after following the steps at google /android/uncertified/, play store still says device is not certified.

Please help.

Sayueri

May 19, 2018
Googe play store says device is not certified.
Even after following the steps at google /android/uncertified/, play store still says device is not certified.

Please help.
It'll still say device is not certified in the play store settings even after registering the device. If you registered it, you should be fine.

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
It'll still say device is not certified in the play store settings even after registering the device. If you registered it, you should be fine.

If your bootloader is unlocked your device won't be certified without the help of Magisk and in some cases you even need an additional Magisk module like SafetyPatch made by hackintosh5.

Korin67

Feb 24, 2018
Thank you for the 15.1 rom for athene. One request from me is about FM radio. In my country the band edge is 76.0 instead of 87.5. For lineage 14.1, I could edit the FM radio source and could built the ROM by myself. Could you advice me the steps to build lineage 15.1 (roomservice.xml, breakfast, brunch etc., I mean)? Or should I tell which part should be modified in FM radio software?

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Eta for next update? @sgspluss

This time will answer it, because think its time to give you all a little update.

First its true that i own an new phone and actually we have no maintainer for lineage, so do what need to do build it on myself and for the community, but...

I know also you (this community) want an update so you will get it as soon as possible.

Stay tuned! ;)

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Korin67

Feb 24, 2018
Thank you for the 15.1 rom for athene. One request from me is about FM radio. In my country the band edge is 76.0 instead of 87.5. For lineage 14.1, I could edit the FM radio source and could built the ROM by myself. Could you advice me the steps to build lineage 15.1 (roomservice.xml, breakfast, brunch etc., I mean)? Or should I tell which part should be modified in FM radio software?

I am not sure how many people try to build LOS15.1 for athene in this group, but the subject is related to the OP, I submit my experiment. I used the following roomservice.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<remote fetch="https://github.com/lineageOS/" name="lineage" revision="lineage-15.1" />
<remote fetch="https://github.com/TheMuppets/" name="muppets" revision="lineage-15.1" />
<remote fetch="https://github.com/sgspluss/" name="sgspluss" revision="lineage-15.1" />
<project name="android_device_motorola_athene" path="device/motorola/athene" remote="sgspluss" />
<project name="android_kernel_motorola_msm8952" path="kernel/motorola/msm8952" remote="sgspluss" />
<project name="proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="muppets" />
<project name="android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="lineage" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_external_bson" path="external/bson" remote="github" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" />
</manifest>

Yes, I use OP's sgspluss. With this roomservice.xml, I could compile up to 78% point. Then I got the error:

libril_intermediates/ril.o hardware/ril/libril/ril.cpp"
hardware/ril/libril/ril.cpp:48:10: error: 'RilSapSocket.h' file not found with <angled> include; use "quotes" instead
#include <RilSapSocket.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"RilSapSocket.h"
In file included from hardware/ril/libril/ril.cpp:48:
In file included from hardware/ril/libril/RilSapSocket.h:21:
In file included from hardware/ril/libril/RilSocket.h:20:
hardware/ril/libril/rilSocketQueue.h:17:10: fatal error: 'pb_decode.h' file not found
#include "pb_decode.h"
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 errors generated.
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
15:30:54 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (02:18:45 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

First of all, pb_decode.h does not exist in the package. Disable the #include and point to the RilSocket.h in the folder, I could temporarily avoid these errors but other error appears. How can I manage the error. Any help could be appreciated.

Korin67

Feb 24, 2018
I tried to modified the source code to include required header files. Finally all files located but there came another error, undefined parameter. No further treatment could be possible for me. I changed my mind use the "proprietary_vendor_motorola" from sgspluss instead of from TheMappets. The latter was useful when I was building LOS14.1. After this change I could build LOS15.1, thank you sgspluss (OP). The final roomservice.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<remote fetch="https://github.com/lineageOS/" name="lineage" revision="lineage-15.1" />
<remote fetch="https://github.com/sgspluss/" name="sgspluss" revision="lineage-15.1" />
<project name="android_device_motorola_athene" path="device/motorola/athene" remote="sgspluss" />
<project name="android_kernel_motorola_msm8952" path="kernel/motorola/msm8952" remote="sgspluss" />
<project name="proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="sgspluss" />
<project name="android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="lineage" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_external_bson" path="external/bson" remote="github" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" />
</manifest>

If you are interested in building LOS15.1, please use this. Now my FMradio works between 76.0 and 108.0.

Last edited:

Tcrazyjam

May 13, 2019
Hamburg
Sound

Hello

i installed this custom rom, but now i have no media sound, why is it? wrong (old) version, i think it is a bug. can somebody advice/help me. Thanks, David from germany

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void!
    You will be doing everything at your own risk.
    I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices.

What's working
    Mostly everything except for those mentioned in not working list.

What's not working
    Torch quick tile
    SELinux

How to install
    1. Wipe system, data and both cache partitions
    2. Install the ROM + GApps
    3. Wipe again both cache partitions
    4. Now you can boot to the system

Download
    Unofficial LineageOS 15.1
    sgspluss-gapps

Sources
    github.com/sgspluss

Credits and Thanks
    @sgspluss @Nikit @golden-guy @rajatgupta1998 @Jleeblanch @alaindupus
    Changelog

Code:
    [B]lineage-15.1-20180930-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix missmerge in mmc
    Update some lines in defconfig
    Sync with latest LineageOS sources
    Sync with latest TeamButter sources
    Some other device and kernel stuff

[B]lineage-15.1-20180805-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]

[B]lineage-15.1-20180721-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]

[B]lineage-15.1-20180715-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]

[B]lineage-15.1-20180707-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix kernel local version
    Revert CPU overclock

[B]lineage-15.1-20180621-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]

[B]lineage-15.1-20180615-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Add again given 1,6GHz as max frequency for big cluster
    Add some more memory leak fixes

[B]lineage-15.1-20180526-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Add Camera2 instead Snap due to problems
    Add some more memory leak fixes
    Revert zram tuning
    Clean up system.prop a bit

[B]lineage-15.1-20180520-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Add rebased kernel 3.10.108
    Revert CPU overclock

[B]lineage-15.1-20180519-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix BT-call
    Add Snap camera
    Remove Updater because we are not offical
    Revert GPU overclock

[B]lineage-15.1-20180430-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix VoLTE
    Fix Widevine DRM

[B]lineage-15.1-20180420-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix Chop-Chop
    Add given 1,6GHz as max frequency for big cluster
    Add GPU overclock to 600MHz
    Add lower swappiness to kernel default

[B]lineage-15.1-20180416-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Add increase wlan network scan interval
    Add livedisplay and auto brightness disable on first boot

[B]lineage-15.1-20180413-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix GPS
    Fix Camera (just video recording is brocken in Camera2)

[B]lineage-15.1-20180410-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Fix Speaker / Microphone
    Add memory leak fixes

[B]lineage-15.1-20180408-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip[/B]
    Initial release
    Okay i've changed the plan...
    So far i got no messages about random reboots, think it would be helpfull if more would test it, because everyone use his phone differently.

Download: https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=sgspluss&dl=sgspluss/testkernelathene/boot.img

I've tried to fix random reboots by finding some bugs, since i've got a new phone i can't test it as some who use this phone as daily driver. So any tester are welcome. This means please report if you got random reboot and what did you done before and of course any other kernel releated bug.

Sent from my whyred using XDA Labs
    Now 6 member got an test kernel, hope to get feedbacks in few days.
    If reports will fine and everything goes well, will push an overall update.

Stay tuned ;)
    Actually i dont have the time to build, i'va at work from morning to the late evening and need also time my wife and kids. If i will find some time will build an update.

Maybe yes maybe no, from me not because of the time reason.

Sent from my whyred using XDA Labs