• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][8.1.0]Android Open Source Illusion Project [OFFICIAL] [beryllium]

Search This thread

Axalot

Jul 3, 2017
Phone call issue?

After flashing aosip and gapps nano, everything works 100% fine, except I can't hear or be heard over the phone. When I call, I don't hear a dial tone.

I used an external SD card, and I flashed both the rom and gapps.

I'm extremely impressed besides the fact that the phone call doesn't work.. Is there any fix? So far I've downloaded google dialer and disabled the regular phone app.

Garbonzo17

Oct 5, 2014
On the first page when you press the link to download the Open Gapps, it defaults to the 32 bit version.
Is there are reason for that? the SD845 is a 64bit chip, no? Should't the apps match? Or are the some other reason to use the 32bit versions?
Just an honest question.
-G

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I am coming from my OnePlusOne using the latest AOSiP Oreo build... and loved it..
Unfortunatly using a bad/broken/repaired cable to charge it... it caught on fired, luckilyt the battery only warped really badly, not exploding... but happened overnight and melted... so its bad.. Anyway, I was about to pull the trigger on the highest end OP6T with at $639, but with tax I coule basically get 3 of these F1 devices... not to mention I ordered the 6/64g blue one since I could add an SD card, but they sent me the 6/128gb model at no additional charge... so I am loathe to return it should I decide I want the more elegant looking OP6T.. My main reason for wanting the Oneplus vs a Poco was AOSIP support... but since I know you support ALOT of Xiomi phones, I feel like this one (especially due to the price) will recieve plenty of 3rd developer support... I probably ran a dozen different ROMs on the 1+1 and always came back to AOSip because it is just that good, it made the phone faster/better than it ever was from the factory running CyanogenOS.
Thanks for all of your support over the years.
-G

Just flashed the AOSIP (on miui9) along with Pico GApps and I am amazed by the smoothness except for a couple of bugs (note that they don't hamper the performance anyway).

1. I get vendor mismatch warning message on every reboot (I don't know since device is working fine).
2. ctsProfile is false on Magisk (even after hiding Play store, Google framework, play services etc.). But I can still install and use Netflix, Pokemon Go and banking apps.
3. A few apps (e.g. Football Strike, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube) have issue with notch. The top of those apps get cut out from the middle due to notch. Surprisingly, the same apps work perfectly on pie based ROMs such as LOS, PE, NOS, Omni etc. (I think the ROM is not fully notch friendly).
4. When I keep the Auto brightness mode ON, the brightness keeps flickering (slightly though) as if it can't decide whether to dim the screen or brighten up.

Rest everything is picture perfect and I don't regret leaving Pie based custom ROMs.

Request: Can you please add hide notch support per app basis?

Update: Battery % drop issue is not present on this ROM which is a big relief. I think the problem is on Pie based ROMs as they are using LOS source.

Last edited:
After flashing aosip and gapps nano, everything works 100% fine, except I can't hear or be heard over the phone. When I call, I don't hear a dial tone.

I used an external SD card, and I flashed both the rom and gapps.

I'm extremely impressed besides the fact that the phone call doesn't work.. Is there any fix? So far I've downloaded google dialer and disabled the regular phone app.

No such issue here on stock dialer.

auoioiae

Dec 2, 2018
Unable to flash ROM

Hi there, I've been a follower of AOSiP for a while now (I've used AOSiP for my Redmi Note 3 for a few years too!) so it's good to see that this ROM is offered again for my POCO. However, I've not been able to even boot to the ROM, as it will go to fastboot instead.

Here are the zip files that I have installed so far:
0. TWRP Recovery - TWRP 3.2.3 V3 Unofficial by TheStrix, as found on https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/how-to/xiaomi-poco-f1-unlock-bootloader-custom-t3839405
1. Firmware - beryllium-8.11.27-9.0-vendor-firmware.zip by akhilnarang at https://mirror.akhilnarang.me/MIUI/beryllium/
2. AOSIP ROM as found on the sourceforge website
3. openGApps

Is there something conflicting with my setup here? Additionally, it seems like I can't boot into the setups for other ROMs like PixelExperience and LineageOS. Entering `fastboot reboot recovery` when my phone is in fastboot doesn't seem to work all the time. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Hi there, I've been a follower of AOSiP for a while now (I've used AOSiP for my Redmi Note 3 for a few years too!) so it's good to see that this ROM is offered again for my POCO. However, I've not been able to even boot to the ROM, as it will go to fastboot instead.

Here are the zip files that I have installed so far:
0. TWRP Recovery - TWRP 3.2.3 V3 Unofficial by TheStrix, as found on https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/how-to/xiaomi-poco-f1-unlock-bootloader-custom-t3839405
1. Firmware - beryllium-8.11.27-9.0-vendor-firmware.zip by akhilnarang at https://mirror.akhilnarang.me/MIUI/beryllium/
2. AOSIP ROM as found on the sourceforge website
3. openGApps

Is there something conflicting with my setup here? Additionally, it seems like I can't boot into the setups for other ROMs like PixelExperience and LineageOS. Entering `fastboot reboot recovery` when my phone is in fastboot doesn't seem to work all the time. Thanks in advance for all the help!
If you use that twrp, you need to flash Force Encryption Disabler zip as well. Better, just grab the twrp with working decryption (made by Vashisath. Search on forum). Flash it and immediately boot into it without booting into system. Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik (you may wipe internal as well if you wish. I select it anyway). Flash ROM>GApps>Magisk (optional)>Boot into System.
Note: Flashing Pie firmware is necessary only on Pie based custom ROMs. AOSIP is still in Oreo, afaik. So, don't flash pie vendor. But if you are on pie based miui ROM (like miui beta or miui eu) make sure to roll back to Oreo based miui first (like 10.0.6.0) before flashing this ROM.

Last edited:

auoioiae

Dec 2, 2018
But if you are on pie based miui ROM (like miui beta or miui eu) make sure to roll back to Oreo based miui first (like 10.0.6.0) before flashing this ROM.

Hi there, I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do to roll back to Oreo based MIUI. What I did was to flash fastboot ROM from https://en.miui.com/thread-4635177-1-1.html (extracting from the .tgz file), but I can't even boot to the setup screen (it just shows a blank white screen, then bootloops). However, the MIUI Recovery seems to be installed, and the bootloader locked again. Was there something that I did wrong? Thanks for the fast reply by the way!

Hi there, I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do to roll back to Oreo based MIUI. What I did was to flash fastboot ROM from https://en.miui.com/thread-4635177-1-1.html (extracting from the .tgz file), but I can't even boot to the setup screen (it just shows a blank white screen, then bootloops). However, the MIUI Recovery seems to be installed, and the bootloader locked again. Was there something that I did wrong? Thanks for the fast reply by the way!
Download "POCO F1 Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download" from the below link and extract it. You will get a folder. Open it and you will another folder. That's the one you need to flash. Take it out and place it somewhere on the PC. To make sure this is the right folder, open it. If you see a lot of files inside it, rest assured that's the correct one. I always flash stock ROM first before switching custom ROMs (this is my old habit). And I have never had any issue with MiFlash tool or after flashing stock ROM.
Link: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

Last edited:

auoioiae

Dec 2, 2018
And I have never had any issue with MiFlash tool or after flashing stock ROM.

Unfortunately it seems that I do :'( I still get a white screen after flashing the fastboot ROM, and I tried both the MIUI 9 one and MIUI 10 one.

I guess I'll have to visit the xiaomi repair centre then. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

kuto232

Mar 18, 2017
EL BIERZO
Unfortunately it seems that I do :'( I still get a white screen after flashing the fastboot ROM, and I tried both the MIUI 9 one and MIUI 10 one.

I guess I'll have to visit the xiaomi repair centre then. Thanks for the advice!

if you have twrp flash global zip and if haven't ,twrp install by fastboot and pull down that road
forget about my flash Copy the file to flash once in recovery mode and install

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDr6rSI1.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on GOOGLE AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Shreesha Murthy
    Brett Montague
    Sri Harsha

Source code:

What's working:

Boots
    RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Camcorder
    Video Playback
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    LED
    GPS
    VoLTE

Known issues:
    IR camera

Instructions:
    Download the latest build and GApps
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build and GApps (adb sideload if you are encrypted or use external sdcard)
    Reboot

Latest Downloads:

TWRP recovery (Thanks to @TheStrix) <-- click here
    DOWNLOADS <-- click here
    Open GApps <-- click here

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google
    Dirty Unicorns
    AICP
    ABC Rom
    Screwd
    Omni
    Krexus
    Cyanogenmod
    SlimRoms
    ChainFire (SuperSU)
    Beanstown106
    Cory Collins
    Sultanxda
    flar2
    francisofranco
    ---------
    Any others i may have forgotten(sorry, pls pm me)
    All our testers

Official Groups/Channels:

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSiP, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    Shreesha.Murthy
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-09-25
    Last Updated 2018-09-26
    Reserved

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

Build dated 20180925 :
    - Initial build
    i saw on telegram you posted a screenshot of aosip 9.0 running derp kernel, is that rom available to download somewhere else?
    It's under testing. Will be released very soon
    Hey all,

I've updated TWRP link with new build which fixes MTP randomly not working and added extra asserts in-order to flash MIUI if you wanted that (Credits to @TheStrix). Make sure you update to that for smooth and less bugfree user experience.

Peace.