[ROM][8.1.0]Android Open Source Illusion Project[POTTER][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

ohhheyy123

Jan 31, 2016
I gave up on running any Oreo custom ROMs for my G5+ for a while because of limited functionality and/or features, however, I decided to give this one a try and I have to say it is by far the best I've seen so far in both those aspects I just mentioned. Granted at the time that I tried them, just about every Oreo ROM was in an very early development stage (Around when Vache's Lineage 15.0 post popped up), but still, I tried flashing AICP right before flashing this ROM and I was as disappointed to find the same problems with phone calls and lack of features that I had with previous O ROMs . But I'm glad I didn't give up there :)

How is everyone else's experience with receiving/making phone calls? I have T-Mobile and phone calls have been the bane of my existence when it comes to O ROMs. I even lost $490 because of it at one point... Police called me to tell me they found by stolen car but I was blissfully unaware that the ROM I had flashed wouldn't let me receive calls or even notify me about missed ones so they had to tow it. I'm sure there's a life lesson to learn somewhere in there...

ohhheyy123

Jan 31, 2016
I gave up on running any Oreo custom ROMs for my G5+ for a while because of limited functionality and/or features, however, I decided to give this one a try and I have to say it is by far the best I've seen so far in both those aspects I just mentioned. Granted at the time that I tried them, just about every Oreo ROM was in an very early development stage (Around when Vache's Lineage 15.0 post popped up), but still, I tried flashing AICP right before flashing this ROM and I was as disappointed to find the same problems with phone calls and lack of features that I had with previous O ROMs . But I'm glad I didn't give up there :)

How is everyone else's experience with receiving/making phone calls? I have T-Mobile and phone calls have been the bane of my existence when it comes to O ROMs. I even lost $490 because of it at one point... Police called me to tell me they found by stolen car but I was blissfully unaware that the ROM I had flashed wouldn't let me receive calls or even notify me about missed ones so they had to tow it. I'm sure there's a life lesson to learn somewhere in there...

This is extremely embaressing to admit but I feel like it's the right thing so... I posted this in the wrong thread, I have yet to flash AOSiP and I'm sure it's a great ROM. I just don't want to spead potentially false information if, in fact, there are issues with calling or otherwise... I don't want somebody to see my post and take it as a 100% factual example of somebodies experience with this ROM.

Again, I'm really sorry! If there is a way to delete a post that somebody could walk me through then I will gladly do so.

x1357246

Dec 6, 2015
How's this ROM with google camera's stability?

edit: NVM flashed it anyway, and Google camera's stable on stock kernel?
Does anyone know which version of Alize works on this ROM and doesn't break google camera's stability?

Last edited:

zeft64

Mar 26, 2012
How's this ROM with google camera's stability?

edit: NVM flashed it anyway, and Google camera's stable on stock kernel?
Does anyone know which version of Alize works on this ROM and doesn't break google camera's stability?
What Google camera are you using?

x1357246

Dec 6, 2015

Attachments

• IMG_20180217_123856_660.jpg
    IMG_20180217_123856_660.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 301

fuzzydorito

Mar 4, 2018
Wow this is a great ROM. Odd how I never noticed this thread even though I visit XDA almost daily. Anyway, good job on this, it's well done. I think I found the ROM I'll be sticking with, please keep it updated ;)

matze779

Aug 17, 2014
I have found a bug.
I can't activate sim card 2, my settings in other roms are sim1 for tel. / sms and sim 2 for mobile data. The rom looks great, but in the last release (20180409) I can't use sim2...

Last edited:

matze779

Aug 17, 2014
At the last Version (20180417), sim2 is is now working.

Edit:
Now I can enable sim2 but the data network doesn't work. At sim1 it's all OK. In the AICP Rom is the same problem, are the Roms from the same source?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDr6rSI1.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]

Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on GOOGLE AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.​

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Shreesha Murthy
    Brett Montague
    Sri Harsha​

Latest Downloads:

DOWNLOADS <-- click here
    Open GApps<-- click here

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams(founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google
    Dirty Unicorns
    AICP
    ABC Rom
    Screwd
    Omni
    Krexus
    Cyanogenmod
    SlimRoms
    ChainFire (SuperSU)
    Beanstown106
    Cory Collins
    Sultanxda
    flar2
    francisofranco
    ---------
    Any others i may have forgotten(sorry, pls pm me)
    All our testers

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSIP O for Moto G5 Plus, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    GtrCraft, vache
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Latest TWRP Recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-01-15
    Last Updated 2018-01-16
    New weekly is out:
    https://get.aosiprom.com/potter/AOSiP-8.1-Official-potter-20180617.zip (direct link)

06/17 Changelog
    - Jelly browser and Launcher app updates
    - Added back compass, music, and cpuinfo tiles
    - Lockscreen Clock improvements
    - RIP kenzo, Hello whyred
    - Smartbar: keep pressing on ime arrows to move kb cursor
    - Ambient Music Ticker improvements
    - Disabled less-boring headsup by default
    - Disabled lauching music app on headset connect by default
    - Wakelock Blocker
    - Alarms Blocker
    - Added setting to enable Do Not Disturb during calls
    - Statusbar brightness control
    - Grid and Go Recents layout

EDIT: Also low calling volume has been fixed
    It looks like not a lot of people use this rom anymore, or forgot about it. So here is the download link:
    https://get.aosiprom.com/potter/
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone