[ROM][8.1.0][eagle] Resurrection Remix v6.1.0

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Disclaimer
Your warranty is now void!
You will be doing everything at your own risk.
I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices.

What's working
Mostly everything except for those mentioned in not working list.

What's not working
Video recording (working but laggy if you want to watch it)
SELinux

How to install
1. Wipe system, data and both cache partitions
2. Install the ROM + GApps
3. Wipe again both cache partitions
4. Now you can boot to the system

Download
Resurrection Remix v6.1.0
opengapps

Sources
github.com/sgspluss

Credits and Thanks
@sgspluss @Konstantinosj77 @galaxyfreak

Last edited:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Changelog

Code:
[B]RR-O-v6.1.0-20180722-eagle-Unofficial.zip[/B]
Sync with latest Resurrection Remix sources
Some other device and kernel stuff

[B]RR-O-v6.1.0-20180708-eagle-Unofficial.zip[/B]
Fix setupwizard
Fix low volume
Fix livedisplay
Fix kernel local version
Add calendar
Sync with latest Resurrection Remix sources
Some other device and kernel stuff

[B]RR-O-v6.1.0-20180630-eagle-Unofficial.zip[/B]
Initial release

Last edited:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Troubleshooting

Video recording
Video recording is broken in stock camera, just install
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.camera
as workaround for now.

Playstore show not certified
Try to clean app data and cache first, if its not working for any reason read this
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fix-device-not-certified-by-google-error/

Low RAM Configuration
Add the four lines into your build.prop with any rootexplorer you want, save it and restart your phone to activate them.
Code:
# Low memory device
ro.config.low_ram=true
# Force high-end graphics in low ram mode
persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true
If you need more information read this
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/perf/low-ram#intro

Last edited:

Hrustus

Aug 19, 2012
For now - no bugs found. But sometimes performance is weird - freeze/lags for 5 secs and after that everything is fine. ;)

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
I use this rom one day, can confirm problem with freeze, same here. Google dialer,messages , calendar fc. I don't have gapps
No problems, just quick test dailer and calendar, its working. Remember if you're comming from an other rom to do an full wipe, so the question did you do it?

Did you try Magisk?
Magisk sadly no, but addonsu from lineage 14.1.

Sent from my athene using XDA Labs

Reactions: Hrustus

leho6694

Sep 22, 2015
Pawłów
No problems, just quick test dailer and calendar, its working. Remember if you're comming from an other rom to do an full wipe, so the question did you do it?

Magisk sadly no, but addonsu from lineage 14.1.
Yes,I have clean flash,I wiped everything, then flash root,for root I use addonsu14.1 from lineage extra site, next xposed and I don't flash gapps. I'm trying dialer, messages and calendar from yalp. Clean install don't have calendar

Last edited:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Thats strange, tested stock dailer and lineage calendar both working without fc, can you provide logcat? You can get it via adb or if you're rooted via matlog app from playstore.

leho6694

Sep 22, 2015
Pawłów
Thats strange, tested stock dailer and lineage calendar both working without fc, can you provide logcat? You can get it via adb or if you're rooted via matlog app from playstore.
I m writing about Google dialer,Google calendar,and Google messages, not about stock. Linege calendar? I don't have it,I don't have calendar after flash

Attachments

Last edited:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Will comes in next update, rr is a mess which you can also see in nougat version, need to add missing and remove double things... Its my first time with rr, so i need time to get used to it.

Why the google dailer, messanger and calendar not working, can not say, maybe because of missing gapps but more can i say if you provide logcat.

Last edited:

leho6694

Sep 22, 2015
Pawłów
Will comes in next update, rr is a mess which you can also see in nougat version, need to add missing and remove double things... Its my first time with rr, so i need time to get used to it.

Why the google dailer, messanger and calendar not working, can not say, maybe because of missing gapps but more can i say if you provide logcat.

Do not get me wrong,I do not require you to fix it,I do not press,I wanted to help,I put the logs above,if wrongly done (logs) write me pw how to do it in MatLog. Thanks for all your work, M2 still allive! No one believed Check only me,and you are:angel:

Looks like this one work https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-google-phone-v14-0-175904292-bubble-t3708218
But you need turn off stock dialer, disable

Last edited:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
Will take a look tomorrow, also need to fix some more things. Seems that the oreo version causes some more porblems as the nougat, this means will also work on little update then.

mantazzo

Feb 3, 2015
Pakruojis
First impression of this ROM:
Quick, no lags and solid overall! Still need to get used to 8.1 though.
I used the OpenGApps Nano for the phone, I used the attached GApps also but I missed that First use wizard and other things. Everything seems to be working fine for now?
Haven't tested much yet, but thank you for doing this. :)

EDIT: Also, from what it looks like, OpenGApps Nano seems to be working very well, no FC, no anything for now. I even downloaded Google Calendar app and it works well with no FC. Might be a "no-GApps" issue.
There are a few very small bugs here and there, but for now - everything is great! And I might even argue that the performance is better than the previous old RR build.

Will keep exploring though - root not asking any access confirmation (like previously) is strange, though (used that 14.1 su zip).

Sent from my Xperia M2 Aqua using XDA Labs

Last edited:

sgspluss

Oct 27, 2012
sgspluss.github.io
I used the OpenGApps Nano for the phone, I used the attached GApps also but I missed that First use wizard and other things.
This is exacly what i mean in latest post, this causes some weird problems.
With the nougat version everything goes fine but oreo seems to need more work, but be sure i am on it and will fix those problems.

error 7 ???????????
What a nice info, thanks :rolleyes:
Have you unlocked your bootloader, updated your bootloader, used latest TWRP?
As you can see no one have this problem, so maybe its your configuration...