[ROM][8.1.0][eagle] Resurrection Remix v6.1.0

Search This thread

mantazzo

Feb 3, 2015
Pakruojis
Redmi Note 8
Yes, Magisk brokes the package manager. So, is there an alternative root management? (SuperSu is already old)
The only option for root is LineageOS root addon for version 14 (15 version for some reason doesn't install).
It would be great to get a build with fixed Magisk support (and maybe a few other tweaks, and updated version, of course), but it's highly in doubt - we haven't heard anything for weeks. It's safe to assume the ROM is done (as in, no longer updated).
If you need Magisk, you'll have to use an older version (RR 5.8.5 or LOS 14.1).

Sent from my Xperia M2 Aqua using XDA Labs

Reactions: JuniorCaesar

basem_ym

Jul 6, 2015
Tartus
The only option for root is LineageOS root addon for version 14 (15 version for some reason doesn't install).
It would be great to get a build with fixed Magisk support (and maybe a few other tweaks, and updated version, of course), but it's highly in doubt - we haven't heard anything for weeks. It's safe to assume the ROM is done (as in, no longer updated).
If you need Magisk, you'll have to use an older version (RR 5.8.5 or LOS 14.1).

Its strange that everyone facing problems with magisk.
I didnt have any of these problems after flashing BETA magisk build (flash the latest one it will work flawlessly)
Hope this works for every one.

mantazzo

Feb 3, 2015
Pakruojis
Redmi Note 8
I didnt have any of these problems after flashing BETA magisk build (flash the latest one it will work flawlessly)
Latest Beta build? I'll guess I'll try that then. Will report results.

Edit: Quick Update - Root now works! But we still have a broken Package Manager now. I guess it's better than nothing...

Last edited:

himanshu04

Jun 3, 2015
Magisk works well but after that u can't install any apps in the phone

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

It is the same bug in los15

basem_ym

Jul 6, 2015
Tartus
Magisk works well but after that u can't install any apps in the phone

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

It is the same bug in los15
Latest Beta build? I'll guess I'll try that then. Will report results.

Edit: Quick Update - Root now works! But we still have a broken Package Manager now. I guess it's better than nothing...

Actually magisk works fine for me and I can install apps normally from both play store and pkg manager.
Mine is D2302 (dual not aqua) maybe this bug is aqua specific idk?
Old but gold: wipe cache and dalvik, if didnt work grap some logs, ask someone to dig into them(I dont know how to figure those things) maybe @sgspluss can help you with them.

basem_ym

Jul 6, 2015
Tartus
Just to prove it:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181230-191847.png
    Screenshot_20181230-191847.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20181230-191814.png
    Screenshot_20181230-191814.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: JuniorCaesar

mantazzo

Feb 3, 2015
Pakruojis
Redmi Note 8
Strange. For me I can't do anything - even if I try to do a "root" install it gives me PackageManager error: "PackageManager: Error: failed to write; readlink failed; EACCES (Permission denied)" - I tried googling it and seems like no one has encountered any problems like this, except for one Moto E ROM back in the day, but even then it was offered to use a different root solution.
Any particular settings you might be using, or any steps you did differently? Also, does your SafetyNet passes? Since mine completely doesn't.

JORGETECH

May 23, 2016
Ok here is the patched boot.img.
Its for fixing the video recording laging.
Just unzip the boot.zip file.get the boot.img file and flash it with twrp recovery.

-After you flashing the boot.img. Download the lib.zip file. Unzip it and copy all the files to System\lib overwrite. Yes to all.then reboot.

( its the same boot.img file from sgspluss rom.but i just patched the zram file from Konstantinosj77 rom to make the video recording working fine)and the lib files from Konstantinosj77 rom too.)

The second file is the build.prop that i edit it
-What you will get with my edited build.prop to this rom:
1_ smother rom.( almost lag free).
2_ increase the performance.
3_ no over heating.
4_much longer battery life.
- How to:
Just open the build 2.txt
Open with txt editor.Select all. Then copy.
Open your system\build.prop file.
Select all. Delete.
Now past what you copy before from build 2.txt.
Press save. Done.reboot your phone.thats it

Edit: build 3 has been deleted build 2 is better

Can anyone (with the knowledge of creating flashable zips) make a flashable zip file for TWRP? Should not be too complicated since it's just replacing files (except for the boot.img flashing part but Magisk already does something similar).

mantazzo

Feb 3, 2015
Pakruojis
Redmi Note 8
I think I've found a solution for Magisk breaking PackageManager, but I need nore people to try this out:
- Go to MagiskManager Settings
- Completely disable MagiskHide (toggle the switch)
- Reboot
- Try installing apps now
I was able to do that after doing all this... Please report if this helped.

Reactions: basem_ym

basem_ym

Jul 6, 2015
Tartus
Strange. For me I can't do anything - even if I try to do a "root" install it gives me PackageManager error: "PackageManager: Error: failed to write; readlink failed; EACCES (Permission denied)" - I tried googling it and seems like no one has encountered any problems like this, except for one Moto E ROM back in the day, but even then it was offered to use a different root solution.
Any particular settings you might be using, or any steps you did differently? Also, does your SafetyNet passes? Since mine completely doesn't.

No particular settings and nothing special just a random flash.
No issues with saftynet.
Can you confirm that disabling magisk hide do the trick?

himanshu04

Jun 3, 2015
Actually magisk works fine for me and I can install apps normally from both play store and pkg manager.
Mine is D2302 (dual not aqua) maybe this bug is aqua specific idk?
Old but gold: wipe cache and dalvik, if didnt work grap some logs, ask someone to dig into them(I dont know how to figure those things) maybe @sgspluss can help you with them.
I have the same model! Bro

mantazzo

Feb 3, 2015
Pakruojis
Redmi Note 8
Okay so I can confirm that Magisk works for me WHEN I disabled MagiskHide - now root works and PackageManager doesn't break (apps update). I disabled MagiskHide since even with it enabled SafetyNet was breaking, and I have no idea why it does that (PackageManager breaking might be connected, as in wrong permissions applied somewhere? Seriously have no clue here. Of course, phone is still "Uncertified" in Play Store Settings), but if it means that I can use Magisk Modules plus root then it's fine by me.

tl;dr - If you want to use Magisk on your phone without breaking apps installing, disable MagiskHide in Magisk Manager settings and then reboot (use this only if your apps don't get updated or installed).

pawelik001

Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Okay so I can confirm that Magisk works for me WHEN I disabled MagiskHide - now root works and PackageManager doesn't break (apps update). I disabled MagiskHide since even with it enabled SafetyNet was breaking, and I have no idea why it does that (PackageManager breaking might be connected, as in wrong permissions applied somewhere? Seriously have no clue here. Of course, phone is still "Uncertified" in Play Store Settings), but if it means that I can use Magisk Modules plus root then it's fine by me.

tl;dr - If you want to use Magisk on your phone without breaking apps installing, disable MagiskHide in Magisk Manager settings and then reboot (use this only if your apps don't get updated or installed).

this is working perfectly, thanks!

Top Liked Posts