[ROM][8.1.0][H850][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

SkippyDream

Oct 3, 2016
Turin, Italy
20170102T093800.jpg

I won't keep up this project anymore as I passed to LG G7.

Thanks to everyone who supported my ROM.
Peace!

Check x86cpu's new thread.

Credits:
  • Lineage OS.
  • My 8GB RAM non-SSD laptop which compiles for us :victory:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the LG G5

Contributors
SkippyDream
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-04-16 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Last Updated 2018-08-13 (YYYY-MM-DD)

Last edited:

SkippyDream

Oct 3, 2016
Turin, Italy
Downloads:

OpenGApps
(AMD64 > 8.1):
opengapps.org/

lineage-15.1-20180610-UNOFFICIAL-h850.zip
md5: b2ac3617476ff1aeffa58af197e2ceec
androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207484546

Magisk ROOT
by @topjohnwu
(tested and working):
tiny.cc/latestmagisk

divider.png

Changes:

30/04 update:
-- ambient display: Fixed black screen bug
-- livedisplay: Fixed LiveDisplay, which is now working again.

21/04 update:
-- Fixed charging while USB Debug is ON
-- Fixed "build number mismatch error" displaying on every boot
-- Fixed Camera

14/04 update:
-- Kernel update from GitHub @Rashed97 commits: still charging bug.
-- Updated build to 14/04

divider.png

Todos list:

-- Pre-root
-- substratum: Add Substratum (theming) support with no reboots needed
-- widecamera: Add wide camera support
-- lowmic: Fix low mic volume

divider.png

Mini installation guide for noobs:
  1. Reboot into latest TWRP(Mirrors: US, EU).
  2. *Optional*: Nandroid backup your actual ROM
  3. Perform a full wipe (advanced wipe > data, cache, art cache, system)
  4. Install the ROM zip file
  5. Optional but recommended: Install GApps (you won't be able to do that after the first boot)
  6. Enjoy :) .

Last edited:

KCKitsune

Mar 7, 2011
Awesome.!Thanks. a lot, I'll be testing this shortly.

Please let us know how the Bluetooth system works. If it works like stock I'll be upgrading ASAP!

As for the problem with charging the phone... I just recently bought extra batteries, and I have an external battery charger so I'm good to go! :)

Last edited:

SkippyDream

Oct 3, 2016
Turin, Italy
Please let us know how the Bluetooth system works. If it works like stock I'll be upgrading ASAP!

As for the problem with charging the phone... I just recently bought extra batteries, and I have an external battery charger so I'm good to go! :)
All connectivities RIL, WiFi, Bluetooth (including Bluetooth audio) are working fine.
Audio and video are working fine too.
Also low-power mode Bluetooth is OK, forgot to say that :good:

Reactions: ken1337

AutinDroid

Feb 5, 2017
I'm guessing that because the sources are directly forked from the main lineageos branch, charging doesn't work. Is this the case?

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I'm guessing that because the sources are directly forked from the main lineageos branch, charging doesn't work. Is this the case?

It says so right in the first 10 lines of the OP: Well, we have a really huge kernel bug: system crashes when usb cable is plugged in (you can charge your battery in recovery mode only).

AutinDroid

Feb 5, 2017
It says so right in the first 10 lines of the OP: Well, we have a really huge kernel bug: system crashes when usb cable is plugged in (you can charge your battery in recovery mode only).

ah, ok my bad (I can't read properly lol). I think rashed uploaded some new commits to his fork, maybe for charging. Im currently making a build to test.

SkippyDream

Oct 3, 2016
Turin, Italy
Is FM-Radio working? Or is a working FM-Radio App included?
Stock FMRadio is not implemented by LineageOS as it's not working, and I'm not going to implement it too. Sorry for that.
Actual build (11/04) is not rooted: you need to flash Magisk (download link available in the OP), BUT next builds will be pre-rooted.
A third party camera app, e.g. open camera, would work?
Yes, you hit the point: stock camera won't work but any other third party camera would work perfectly. :)

Last edited:

SkippyDream

Oct 3, 2016
Turin, Italy
Last edited:

EvNix

Apr 14, 2018
Invalid MAC

I flashed this ROM and everything works fine expect the WIFI MAC it's invalid at the beginning i could change my MAC with a MAC Changer App but now this doesn't work and i can't connect to my WIFI :(

AutinDroid

Feb 5, 2017
I flashed this ROM and everything works fine expect the WIFI MAC it's invalid at the beginning i could change my MAC with a MAC Changer App but now this doesn't work and i can't connect to my WIFI :(

That's a problem that happens every once in a while (and maybe more often on the LOS 15.1 builds for the G5), and has to do with the misc partition corrupting. Here is a thread that should work https://xdaforums.com/lg-g5/how-to/guide-fix-wifi-mac-address-changing-t3533841 and here are the instructions I followed: https://xdaforums.com/lg-g5/how-to/guide-fix-wifi-mac-address-changing-t3533841/post70474540#post70474540. If you do this right (use your real mac address when following the instructions), the fixes should be for the most part permanent.

Reactions: SkippyDream

SkippyDream

Oct 3, 2016
Turin, Italy
I mean, everything works fine it's not the best definition for this ROM :silly:
What do you mean when you say "Mac is not valid"?
Would you like to test the first build (11/04, no github commits) and see if it works?
Here it is: [url]https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754474747[/URL]
Thank you!

Last edited:

EvNix

Apr 14, 2018
Okay now WIFI works with the Mac i've tiped in the misc files (this was causing the brick) but i flashed the previous one version maybe it would work with the current version aswell.

SkippyDream

Oct 3, 2016
Turin, Italy
Okay now WIFI works with the Mac i've tiped in the misc files (this was causing the brick) but i flashed the previous one version maybe it would work with the current version aswell.
I had your problem in past, but not this time: I'm running the 14/04 build with no MAC problems.
Hope you managed to solve, feel free to PM me whenever you need help ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts