[ROM][8.1.0]LineageOS-15.1[P2][Kuntao][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

radisoft

Dec 10, 2010
Villach
The Navigation Bar problem can be easily solved. I downloaded "Navigation bar remover/activator (root)" from Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conena.navigation.bar.remover) to enable the on screen nav bar - the fingerprint gestures still work. Then I switched to immersive mode, now I only use the FP gestures and when I need it, I can swipe up to have the nav bar available again.
Enabling the navigation bar also solved e.g. the issue with Titanium Backup showing no menu button...

radisoft

Dec 10, 2010
Villach
The Navigation Bar problem can be easily solved. I downloaded "Navigation bar remover/activator (root)" from Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.conena.navigation.bar.remover) to enable the on screen nav bar - the fingerprint gestures still work. Then I switched to immersive mode, now I only use the FP gestures and when I need it, I can swipe up to have the nav bar available again.
Enabling the navigation bar also solved e.g. the issue with Titanium Backup showing no menu button...

I have to correct myself, immersive mode is no good idea, seems to be buggy. When the display is switched off and then back on, it stays off. The phone wakes up, just the display doesn't...

Reactions: sm00th4f3

iniro

Jan 29, 2009
Yesterday I flashed the new update. Today when I switched on, it says a "Trust" app message and fp gestures doesn't work.
Anyone knows how to solve it?
Thx in advance.
edit:
When I reboot a notification says:
SELinux its not work, applying. Your security has been reduced.
edit 2:
I have 4 fp stored and device encrypted.

For this issue can I apply this fix?
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76779345&postcount=457

Also, every time I reboot a notification appears saying that sims are changed.

Reactions: sambadii

radisoft

Dec 10, 2010
Villach
What difference between this ROM by Subham and CodeElixir's ROM ?

This ROM has been updated in June, whereas the one by CodeElixir is from around April. So newer sources, latest security patch, etc.
And less bugs, I assume... but not bug-free. It works as a daily driver, with some small drawbacks.

Suvam Mondal

Jan 3, 2017
I don't know if this question is out of this topic but.....is camera raw capture supported in this ROM ? Because I am on Lineage 14.1 and raw capture is not supported in this ROM(camera2 api is enabled)

nsandersen

Jul 28, 2018
SMSC number problem

Thank you for this. Got it working on 5th install attempt except for SMS, I suspect it was a question of wiping the right things.

I have installed Android Messages and set it as default SMS app, but I cannot send or receive SMS messages. I suspect this has to do with a missing SMSC number on the Phone Info page under the "Testing app" (Dial #*#*4636*#*#).

If I press Refresh on my 14.1 Moto G 1st gen I get the correct number and the Update button does not give an error.

However, on my 15.1 Lenovo P2 (kuntao), pressing Refresh gives "number",145 (including the quotes and where number is the correct number). However, this doesn't appear to ever get saved unlike the older phone/ROM.

Any idea how to troubleshoot SMS on this newest kuntao build?

Thank you.

EDIT: After installing hangouts (unrelated?), uninstalling it, and the same for the Google messaging, fiddling around with every conceivable setting and rebooting, it works and this looks like a nice ROM, thank you.

Last edited:

Ryan Robert

Oct 9, 2017
The lineage OS for Lenovo p2 is awesome... Really love it... But there's a problem... My camera app says it can't open. I tried using other camera apps... But they respond with an error message..it works from time to time... I hope I'm not the only one with this bug. Any help will be appreciated

Prateek111

Aug 30, 2018
Problems I have been facing after using ur Rom

I have been using your ROM for now atleat 2 mnths, your ROM is overall best but ihave 2 big concerns ie
1. No option of getting ur contacts sync with Bluetooth car audio and ur bluetooh isn't good as it doesn't automatically connect to the last paired device i have connect it from scratch ie i have to pair it every time i want to use
2. There is no option of shutting down proximity sensor
Please Resolve these problems.
Overall ur ROM can score easily 4 out of 5 and have a lot more potential in it:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FTNMpdeb.png

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in theLineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Volte
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • FP gestures

Known issues:
    • You tell me!

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Flash Magisk
    • Reboot

Downloads:

Build: lineage-15.1-20180723-UNOFFICIAL-kuntao.zip
    Gapps: click here

Telegram Group: Lenovo P2

Kernel: here

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to Subham
    Donate via PayPal to FireLord

Credits: @FireLord for always being helpful. @arghyac35 for always being up when i needed!
    And all my telegram friends for being cooperative.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][8.1.0]LineageOS-15.1[P2][Kuntao][UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Lenovo P2

Contributors
    Subham, firelord
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: S241 or S255
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-07-23

Created 2018-05-08
    Last Updated 2018-07-23
    FAQs!
    Q. Sounds good. How can I contribute to project?
    A. Test the build as much as you can and report bugs which can be reproduced with exact steps and are not random.

Q. How to disable "Apps running in background" dialog?
    A. When you see the dialog, long press on it and select "Settings". From there, you'll have a toggle to disable it.

Q. Can this ROM be flashed through TWRP?
    A. Yes, proceed with the latest TWRP image

Screenshots added!
    Bugs! Report them!
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

First BETA Build
    Initial build

Second Stable build
    -Upstream stuff from LOS
    -June security patch
    -Fixed Double tap to wake
    -Fixed NFC Switching ON & OFF
    -Fixed 5ghz hotspot option
    -Model number is now set to P2a42
    -Update blobs from latest oreo build
    -Removed HD symbol for VoLTE users
    -Fixed Proper Bluetooth voltage in settings
    -Used 2.1 Fingerprint HAL wrapper

Third Stable build
    -Upstream changes from LOS
    -Added exfat support on kernel
    -Fix rear cam portrait mode (thnx to highwaystar)
    -Added call recording on default dialer
    -Use low level shutdown trigger
    -upgrade zram to 1gb
    -Enable msm_irqbalance
    -rebrand doze to lenovodoze

Old Builds

Initial build
    lineage-15.1-20180508-UNOFFICIAL-kuntao.zip
    Hey all,
    New build is up for grabs! Check OP as usual for the link! And second post for checking the changelog! Happy Flashing.
    Peace!
    I think there's no update i will go to another rom for another developer :confused:

I was busy with something but now builds will be uploaded at regular intervals!