[ROM][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 (Unofficial)

Search This thread

RDS5

Currently issues we have are
Random freezes (zram)
Vendor mismatch
Landscape touch (?) - If tab boots in landscape touch is unusable (Ideally should not happen as we set the hwrotation)
GPS
RIL
SELinux

First issue fixed by disabling zram in builds, future reference we can use zram from the 3.0 kernel.
Second, by removing the vendor lines in device tree
wdym what vendor lines? anything that references vendor in the device tree?
Third, its hard to reproduce, getting any logs would be useful
i dont get any sort of rotation issues on 10.1" (last time i checked at least, cant check anymore as mine has just suffered the curse of 0% and i got the joy of finding out i didnt patch it correctly!)
RIL No idea, there's no 3G SIM for me to test
most carriers are shutting down 3G tho, so its getting harder to test now
SELinux - A huge pain, will touch only when everything else works
didnt SELinux work on UA?

Currently issues we have are
Random freezes (zram)
Vendor mismatch
Landscape touch (?) - If tab boots in landscape touch is unusable (Ideally should not happen as we set the hwrotation)
GPS
RIL
SELinux

First issue fixed by disabling zram in builds, future reference we can use zram from the 3.0 kernel.
Second, by removing the vendor lines in device tree
Third, its hard to reproduce, getting any logs would be useful
GPS needs a few more things to be added to device tree
RIL No idea, there's no 3G SIM for me to test
SELinux - A huge pain, will touch only when everything else works

Anything else/feature requests?
With switched off zram, i now have three times used the tablet until battery had 30 %, no chrash, no freeze.

A wish would be, that video playback would work. In my foreign tv app, video stream and playback of videos isn't working. If i remember right, in ua it was working (but not every time). Videos at different websites won't work, too.

GPS would be fine.

Needed things should have imho priority, optional ones only if the rest is done.

Ah, and thanks for your work!

RDS5

With switched off zram, i now have three times used the tablet until battery had 30 %, no chrash, no freeze.
yep, so we just need to disable zram in future builds (will do once i figure out how to fix my 0% soft/hardbricked tablet. i hope i dont have to open up the tablet and inject voltage to get it working again, because at that point i might aswell just solder some damn UART wires and get logs that way, its 20x more reliable)
A wish would be, that video playback would work. In my foreign tv app, video stream and playback of videos isn't working. If i remember right, in ua it was working (but not every time). Videos at different websites won't work, too.
ive noticed that in newpipe too, mind getting some logs of the issue? (i would, but you know the drill by now..)
video playback seems to be working in the browser, and 2D gpu acceleration seems to be working too, but im pretty sure these omap4 devices decode video with some cortex m0 chips, so its a little more complicated than gpu.
just use adb logcat (or whatever other method to get a logcat) and provide it (make sure to use -d all so all the logs are collected
Needed things should have imho priority, optional ones only if the rest is done.
yeah, SELinux isnt super important since:
1: this version of android is extremely behind security patches anyways
2: this kernel is extremely behind security patches anyways
3: the only fix to issue 1 is to get android 10+ running on this device, which you can guess isnt exactly an easy thing to do..

Reactions: Catfish78

Mighty

wdym what vendor lines? anything that references vendor in the device tree?
The build fingerprint https://github.com/MightyM17/androi...mmit/cd1ca0d34ded27d134faf2c3c9074bf2d3b39329
i dont get any sort of rotation issues on 10.1" (last time i checked at least, cant check anymore as mine has just suffered the curse of 0% and i got the joy of finding out i didnt patch it correctly!)
I can confirm rotation issue occurs, will debug more on it.
didnt SELinux work on UA?
@html6405 had fixed it iirc. Also I remember it working on UA so definitely was fixed.

Last edited:

RDS5

ah okay
I can confirm rotation issue occurs, will debug more on it.
on the 7" model? cus on 10" i had no issues like that..
dont they have very different display panels tho?
@html6405 had fixed it iirc. Also I remember it working on UA so definitely was fixed.
maybe they could help with this one too?
but atm SELinux isnt really important

could anyone try to get logs of the video playback issue?

Reactions: Mighty

Mighty

on the 7" model? cus on 10" i had no issues like that..
dont they have very different display panels tho?
Lets just say P31xx (7 inch models) are special :p
We set the rotation to 270 on boot, but sometimes that fails thus the issue.
Landscape after booting works fine for me
maybe they could help with this one too?
but atm SELinux isnt really important
Yeah but if it works in UA it should here as well
could anyone try to get logs of the video playback issue?
Did you add the frameworks/av patch as I sent before? That fixed video on UA and should fix here as well

RDS5

Lets just say P31xx (7 inch models) are special :p
We set the rotation to 270 on boot, but sometimes that fails thus the issue.
Landscape after booting works fine for me
ohh okay
Yeah but if it works in UA it should here as well
lineageos still has many patches on top of it tho (frameworks arent the same as UA) so its not trivial to get working (i already see quite a few SELinux denials in the logs..)
Did you add the frameworks/av patch as I sent before? That fixed video on UA and should fix here as well
i thought i did, but i guess i may have broken something at the end, im not sure..
ill likely build again, but since i cant test for now anything that i build is untested and could cause problems

ive opened up my tablet and the battery is at 3v but i dont know how i can charge it externally

curiousde2002

Aug 3, 2009

GPS would be fine.

Ah, and thanks for your work!
Hello everybody,

my espresso3g is on the latest build, lineage-15.1-20230124-UNOFFICIAL-espresso3g.

Video playback is not working for me either in YouTube and newpipe, however, when selecting external video player in newpipe I can playback in VLC player even 720p videos almost perfectly.
TV streaming app also works.

Thanks to all working on this!

Last edited:

curiousde2002

Aug 3, 2009
@RDS5
Code:
+on property:ro.bootmode=charger
+    start pvrsrvinit
Add this to rootdir/init.espresso.rc and offline charging should b
This did not work for me, the file just did not save the entry.

So offline charging still doesn't work.

Is deep sleep working?
My device loses about 20% battery overnight and according to kernel adiutor's list of used frequencies deep sleep isn't used.

Otherwise everything seems to be working.

Thank you very much again for your work!

RDS5

Hello everybody,

my espresso3g is on the latest build, lineage-15.1-20230124-UNOFFICIAL-espresso3g.

Video playback is not working for me either in YouTube and newpipe, however, when selecting external video player in newpipe I can playback in VLC player even 720p videos almost perfectly.
TV streaming app also works.
yeah i noticed that (when my tablet was still working!!) that newpipe wouldnt playback video, but other video players (namely, the browser) would playback videos (and properly, too)
so its an issue with the android frameworks and most likely not a driver
could you get some logs of this issue? i would but my tablet is dead atm and ive got no way of fixing it..
This did not work for me, the file just did not save the entry.
when building the rom you need to add this, i thought i added it to my espressowifi builds but clearly not as my tablet will not charge offline (when i needed it the most)
So offline charging still doesn't work.
seemingly not, at least on my builds (and now seemingly @Mighty's builds as well)
Is deep sleep working?
My device loses about 20% battery overnight and according to kernel adiutor's list of used frequencies deep sleep isn't used.
hmm, i never looked into that..
can you still manually set clock speeds lower in kernel adiutor and does it actually save battery at lower speeds?
if so, its likely not that complicated (android just doesnt enter doze for whatever reason)
if not, its likely more complicated (android cannot change cpu clock speeds)

RDS5

Also @RDS5 offline charging is set by the bootloader (rom just sets the indication, hardware bits shuld be set) so just plug it in (not with pc/laptop) and give it a few hours, it should atleast boot up
it lights up with the battery indicator and then attempts to start the android offline mode charging but then it stays black with only the backlight on (usually after a while it turns off the backlight)
i dont think i added the change to my build (i remember adding it but i dont remember building it with that change, i mustve broken it somewhere)

it lights up with the battery indicator and then attempts to start the android offline mode charging but then it stays black with only the backlight on (usually after a while it turns off the backlight)
i dont think i added the change to my build (i remember adding it but i dont remember building it with that change, i mustve broken it somewhere)
I've put an usb test tool between charger and cable, mine charges offline with 650 - 700 mA by now, so charging should be possible while black screen with backlight on.

Reactions: Mighty

Mighty

I've made it live after having mainline linux (ie no charger driver at all) from 0% so this is definitely not an issue, just let it be for sometime

Mighty

how long? ive had it on for a few hours now and it doesnt let me boot
im pretty sure the issue here is that the charger driver is here but doesnt allow it to charge
at least im guessing..
3-4 hours I guess, and no it's not like that the driver won't allow, the charger driver just sets some bits in the hardware (smb136/347). Everything is mostly managed by the hardware itself. On wall power it should take in 1.5A as well

RDS5

3-4 hours I guess, and no it's not like that the driver won't allow, the charger driver just sets some bits in the hardware (smb136/347). Everything is mostly managed by the hardware itself. On wall power it should take in 1.5A as well
oh, my cable doesnt allow <500ma charging (iphone cable only allows usb charging when used on a samsung tablet)
ive left it for over 4 hours now and it still doesnt seem to work..
im guessing im going to have to inject voltage externally or hook up a different battery to this one temporarily so i can get some charge in this one
but for now, its a brick..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warranties:
    THIS GUIDE COMES WITH NO WARRANTY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF BREAKING YOUR PRECIOUS TABLET.
    PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE CONTINUING, AS THIS GUIDE WILL WIPE YOUR DATA.
    Also, this guide assumes you have the following requirements:

• Bootloader unlocked
    • TWRP installed

Installation:
    Before proceeding, pick the tablet and go to TWRP.
    Do the normal wipes for clean flash.
    Copy the zip to sdcard or on the tab wherever you like.
    Flash the zip from TWRP.
    Reboot and done, enjoy :)

Problems:
    No SELinux support yet
    Cameras will NOT work, as we are using a newer 3.4 kernel for Oreo!
    You tell :D

If you like my work, you can donate here

Download:
    espresso3g
    espressowifi Thanks to @RDS5

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: 8.1.0 Oreo
    Initial boot took 6-7 mins for me
    alright, im going to build this for espressowifi @Mighty
    its nice to finally get off the aging UA code since its not getting updated anymore
    lineageos is way nicer
    what roomservice.xml are you using and which operating system your using? (im using ubuntu 16.04, but i dont know if its the right version to build this. last time i built lineageos 15.1 for a different device i used ubuntu 20.04, so im wondering if i need to use that.
    build is booting.
    screen on/off is working now thanks to @Mighty's patches
    offline charging hasnt been tested yet (will test later)

rule of thumb: still dont discharge your tablet to absolute 0% until this is confirmed to be working 100%
    alright, after disabling it the build seems to have completed succesfully.
    here's the build, it boots on my espressowifi! (10.1")
    seems to take a little more than 6 minutes on first boot tho (like 10-15 minutes) but it does end up working, although pay attention to it while booting, as if it goes to sleep the whole tablet crashes. @Mighty

md5sum: aa94be7e32f40516dd61611aca8aa495

below are also pictures, sorry for the blurry quality, i took these in a rush on my old phone..
    Okay LineagseOS 16 it is then, I'll continue the development there!