[ROM][8.1.0][NON-TREBLE]Unofficial LineageOS For vince

Search This thread

Stampyron

Dec 24, 2017
didn't know lineage was still going??
where is the changelog?
do we still have to Flash MODEM(Once)(MUST)? whatever that means.

Changelog is in telegram group. I dont know why the Dev never posted it here. And the modem is only required to flash once, after that you don't have to care about it

Stampyron

Dec 24, 2017
Telegram is down, when i go to it, it just says "open xdg-open?"
Care to paste the changelog here?

It's working fine for me. Anyways here's the changelog:

LineageOS 15.1 20180728: Fixed FPC Fingerprint&DT2W
Note: Headphone issue is caused by kernel,need kernel source to fix

poster74

Jul 27, 2012
Headphone Sound

It's working fine for me. Anyways here's the changelog:

LineageOS 15.1 20180728: Fixed FPC Fingerprint&DT2W
Note: Headphone issue is caused by kernel,need kernel source to fix

Works good, battery life is excellent. Just the one issue - No sound through the headphones too.

Would flashing an alternative kernal fix that ? For example flashing this kernal (Dark Ages Segundo)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5/development/kernel-dark-ages-primero-t3809803/page12

poster74

Jul 27, 2012
Works good, battery life is excellent. Just the one issue - No sound through the headphones too.

Would flashing an alternative kernal fix that ? For example flashing this kernal (Dark Ages Segundo)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5/development/kernel-dark-ages-primero-t3809803/page12

Scrap that - tried with the (Dark Ages Segundo) kernal and got no sound, with and without headphones. Back to this rom. Otherwise works very well.

Where does the kernal from this rom come from, what are the chances that the source will be released and the problem of no-sound-through-headphones fixed ?

TioCareca

• Sep 8, 2010
    Barreiro
    Scrap that - tried with the (Dark Ages Segundo) kernal and got no sound, with and without headphones. Back to this rom. Otherwise works very well.

Where does the kernal from this rom come from, what are the chances that the source will be released and the problem of no-sound-through-headphones fixed ?
    strange, other custom roms got sound, so problem must be the rom...

poster74

Jul 27, 2012
    strange, other custom roms got sound, so problem must be the rom...

Yep, I think its a problem with the rom. Tried both these builds:

lineage-15.1-20180712
    lineage-15.1-20180728

Normal sound/volume is fine, but no sound when using wired headphones.

Tried both of the rom builds above with the latest version of the Dark Ages Segundo kernel (non-treble Dark-Ages-Segundo-21072018-0745.zip)
    ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5/development/kernel-dark-ages-primero-t3809803 )

and both times, there was no sound at all, with and without headphones.

I know the kernel is good, because it works fine with other custom roms

Last edited:

Stampyron

Dec 24, 2017

aurocha

May 24, 2013
    Oporto

Same thing happened to me. Pitty.

AllesMega

Jun 10, 2018
    And the Problem with the "switched off" WLan must also be repaired ...

I do not remember that there will be at least a perfect Custom-Rom, unfortunately :(
    whether LOS, AEX, crDroid, Omni ...

>>> Google-Translate <<<

Last edited:

theansible

Oct 12, 2009
    "Finishing Android Update..." Boot loop...

After I install this update, from the June 4th version, it successfully installs and boots up. Then I receive a notification bar message saying "finishing Android update". But after 15 seconds, the system locks up and automatically reboots over and over again endlessly. I tried restoring my backup & reflashing a few times.. even tried reflashing the root SU .zip. anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:

AbrahamW08

Feb 2, 2017
    Vince was abandoned completely, no Pie roms, no Pie nothing, Xiaomi.Eu is not even updating vince to 8.1....the device is complete garbage, I suggest selling it and buying something else

Xiaomi.eu can't update because the china rom hasn't update to 8.1. Is too early to Pie roms, just wait some months and you'll see.

vince2678

Recognized Developer
    Jul 5, 2016
    Vince was abandoned completely, no Pie roms, no Pie nothing, Xiaomi.Eu is not even updating vince to 8.1....the device is complete garbage, I suggest selling it and buying something else

That's a pretty negative outlook. This device is pretty popular, all that's needed is a bit of patience really.

Reactions: jon355

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
      • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
      • Wi-Fi
      • Bluetooth
      • Video Playback
      • Audio
      • Sensors
      • LED
      • GPS

Known issues:
      • VoLTE

Report bugs:
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
      • Wipe cache, dalvic cache,system,data
      • Format data (to remove encryption support)
      • Reboot into recovery again
      • Flash MODEM(Once)(MUST)-Flash ROM-Flash Gapps
      • Done-Reboot Now
      • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
      ROM:Lineage 15.1 2018/06/24
      RECOVERY:[url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/official-twrp-xiaomi-redmi-5-plus-t3727162[/URL]
      Lineage Download:[url]https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=248291[/URL]
      Bootloader:[url]https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939819128[/URL]

PayPal:
      [url]https://www.paypal.me/tingyi364[/URL]

Our telegram group:
      [url]https://t.me/redmi5plusofficial[/URL]

Don't forget to press thanks
      Hope you're right. R5P is amazing device, it would be such a shame to not see it's full potential.

In the event that any of the other R5P maintainers can't or won't take up P, I might have the interest in doing so. I just have my hands full with other devices at the moment.
      News from telegram,wait ;)
      tks for work. I'm Vietnamese. I am big fan lineage os
      i like this rom because battery very good. There are only a few errors that I hope you will fix in the shortest time to improve it:
      1. In UI, icons are not equal, this icon too big, that icon too small :victory:
      2. Original google camera software is too blurry and Xiaomi' camera interface is long, not real
      3. No quick turn on silent mode
      4. Email app not work
      Sorry if my english is so bad :fingers-crossed:;)
      Impressive progress
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone