[ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL] ⚛ CarbonROM (Noct) Weeklies | Sony Xperia Z1 ⚛

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Get CarbonROM
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Credits:
Huge thanks to everyone below, without whom this would have not been possible.
* rcstar6696 (and everyone else who helped with the shinano bring up - these guys are the best)
* SpiritCroc
* Myself5
* The entire CarbonROM team

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
drakonizer
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP + CAF

Version Information

Created 2017-12-25
Last Updated 2018-05-22

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
CHANGELOGS:

All changes can be tracked here:
https://blog.carbonrom.org/changelog
You can find the changelog prior to official builds below.

Official Build:
* Fixed Video Recording
* Improved RIL for C6903 devices

14/04/2018:
* Fixed Camera
* Fixed RIL and mobile data (on C6902 at least)
* Enforcing SELinux + user build
* Fixed Bluetooth

23/01/2018:
* Fixed audio
* Fixed thermanager

24/12/2017:
Initial Release

BUGS:

* Connecting to data for C6902 devices is buggy (read FAQ).
* NFC may or may not be broken (I cannot test it as my device does not have the NFC plate).

FAQs (Please read before posting questions):

Q: Does the ROM support OMS and theming with Substratum?
A: Yes it does! Simply enable "Allow untrusted overlays" from Settings -> CarbonFibers -> Privacy and Security and follow the instructions that follow.

Q: Does the ROM work on C6902 as well?
A: Yes, but you will face a few issues while trying to connect to mobile data. Apparently the way to make it work is by going to *#*#4636#*#* -> Phone Info, change the network mode to WCDMA only, and turn on and turn off airplane mode.

Q: Is the ROM rooted by default?
A: No, please flash your favorite root solution after installing the ROM.

Q: Do I need to make a factory reset before installing this ROM?
A: If you're moving from cr-5.1 official builds to cr-6.1 builds, then a factory reset is recommended. Some have been able to dirty flash their way from cr-5.1 to cr-6.1, but before trying that, make sure you have a backup, in case you're caught in a bootloop. Clean install is ALWAYS recommended. If you face any issues after dirty flashing, clean flash first and see if it's persistent and only then report the bug.

Q: SafetyNet?
A: Sure, if you use Magisk and enable Magisk hide.

Last edited:

MIcHiJK

Feb 13, 2016
Unknown
Thanks for sharing carbon rom oreo, I will download and let you know whether audio and nfc work

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Unable to flash on latest TWRP, any ideas how to fix?
Coming from CarbonROM nougat, i already done wipe /data /system /dalvik-cache /cache
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fVGP6Be2u5j7T8lpPkeuF_mXmQXxIw6_
Try to install advanced kernel img via fastboot. Then reboot. In the kernel is twrp 3.1 included. Then you're able to boot into that recovery. Wipe all and try again to flash

Reactions: Hansars

miXXed404

Apr 5, 2014
Nevermind,somehow i managed to flash it,first impressions.. working better than nougat, at first boot up it heated up a lot, i can't enable NFC in settings, so i can't even test it, battery is draining pretty quick, gapps is working, audio is not working , i'm gonna use it for few days, maybe i will find more bugs.. and please fix thermal in this rom, 81c cpu 44 battery and still all cores is enabled on max frequency 2150mhz

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
Nevermind,somehow i managed to flash it,first impressions.. working better than nougat, at first boot up it heated up a lot, i can't enable NFC in settings, so i can't even test it, battery is draining pretty quick, gapps is working, audio is not working , i'm gonna use it for few days, maybe i will find more bugs.. and please fix thermal in this rom, 81c cpu 44 battery and still all cores is enabled on max frequency 2150mhz
I have no issues of battery draining on my end. Nor did I face heating issues. My phone went to deep sleep and drained less than 1% an hour. Maybe you should just let it settle down for a few days and see if it helps.
If not, maybe it's me not using a SIM card or gapps giving me a better experience.

Reactions: santeria27

miXXed404

Apr 5, 2014
I have no issues of battery draining on my end. Nor did I face heating issues. My phone went to deep sleep and drained less than 1% an hour. Maybe you should just let it settle down for a few days and see if it helps.
If not, maybe it's me not using a SIM card or gapps giving me a better experience.
Really? no heating issues? try use 100% of cpu and it should throttle down frequency when it heats up, but it doesn't doing that
i'm only connected to wi-fi and charging, brightness set to 0% no apps in background.... no problems with heating? look at this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PMnMLuNsunStZV_Wd-AKXj8uR3FrOGCV

Last edited:

Hansars

Aug 2, 2017
Flashing recovery that you provided does not help, still same issue persist, also there is no lines in updater-script thats checking for specific device
good morning, I saw that you have solved, I still do not flash because of too many bugs and the bug that is present in addition to the other bugs! thanks to the developer for the work done! @drakonizer

rayzo_1986

Oct 1, 2017
o be an alpha, the rom is stable.
some things do not work:

- without audio in calls and player
- root can not be activated
- the phone gets very hot
- the wifi is disconnected every time
- the sim card sometimes detects it and other times it does not
- the gapp can not be installed gives error 20 the twpr

for now just notice those problems .... thanks

Reactions: santeria27

miXXed404

Apr 5, 2014
o be an alpha, the rom is stable.
some things do not work:

- without audio in calls and player
- root can not be activated
- the phone gets very hot
- the wifi is disconnected every time
- the sim card sometimes detects it and other times it does not
- the gapp can not be installed gives error 20 the twpr

for now just notice those problems .... thanks

Gapps.. use this, it will work-- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16D1ev3XgcjoewlPuafvlheUaqFA15cly
Root.. flash magisk it worked for me
Wi-Fi also works for me
No sim card problems
i agree that phone gets very hot, this rom is not safe to use because of overheating

Reactions: rayzo_1986

rayzo_1986

Oct 1, 2017