[ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL] ⚛ CarbonROM (Noct) Weeklies | Sony Xperia Z1 ⚛

Search This thread

blackmonk19

Sep 4, 2018
London
what device model you have? and did you tried to flash the specific modem for your device.

Hey, its a C903... device booted just fine after clearing the internal, just like drakonizer suggest to do... Thanks for the tip though... :)

Oh and yes... The device is running really smooth in terms of speed. However like others have mentioned a huge battery drain and no doze even when left idle for hours. Have installed Greenify to see if it would help, it did for a little bit but not drastically.

Nonetheless its very stable so far, and i like it overall. :good:

Last edited:

fribriz

Jan 26, 2012
Singapore
Is this magisk module supported on pur device?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
Include the image Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20180921-121840_20180921122520076.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

Ŕu§hi

May 3, 2017
Mumbai
Having c6902..recovery version is 3.2.x..wiped everything including internal storage..flashed carbon rom latest version i.e. v6.1 dated 20180911..with modem.zip, mindthegapps, magisk v17.1...

Problems i am facing is..
1. Stock launcher doesn't work(imagine when your phone boots up and you are only seeing wallpaper and nothing else..can't do anything except going into settings through notification toggle...i managed this problem by using usb otg)
2. When i try to sign in to google account the app freezes(this is solved after few reboots)
3. Unable to go into recovery through traditional method when the device is switched off..i.e. power button+volume down
4. While the app got freezed i wasn't able to install apks
5. Battery is draining fast as compared to my last rom i.e. lineage os 14.1 despite being only using wifi (maybe that's okay because i was doing many reboots?..my screen on time is 37 mins but it came all the way to 14 from 70)
Everything else now is working very fine..appreciated the work!

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017
Having c6902..recovery version is 3.2.x..wiped everything including internal storage..flashed carbon rom latest version i.e. v6.1 dated 20180911..with modem.zip, mindthegapps, magisk v17.1...

Problems i am facing is..
1. Stock launcher doesn't work(imagine when your phone boots up and you are only seeing wallpaper and nothing else..can't do anything except going into settings through notification toggle...i managed this problem by using usb otg)
2. When i try to sign in to google account the app freezes(this is solved after few reboots)
3. Unable to go into recovery through traditional method when the device is switched off..i.e. power button+volume down
4. While the app got freezed i wasn't able to install apks
5. Battery is draining fast as compared to my last rom i.e. lineage os 14.1 despite being only using wifi (maybe that's okay because i was doing many reboots?..my screen on time is 37 mins but it came all the way to 14 from 70)
Everything else now is working very fine..appreciated the work!
after reading your report, i suggest you try the following after wiping everything including your internal storage; first install gapps instead of mindthegapps but only after your Rom booted i mean dont flash carbonRom and gapps at the same time, next if stock launcher issue insist then install nova launcher if all above steps faild, please tell the rest of what happens with you.

Ŕu§hi

May 3, 2017
Mumbai
after reading your report, i suggest you try the following after wiping everything including your internal storage; first install gapps instead of mindthegapps but only after your Rom booted i mean dont flash carbonRom and gapps at the same time, next if stock launcher issue insist then install nova launcher if all above steps faild, please tell the rest of what happens with you.

I tried that too...seems like i forgot to tell the biggest problem of all!.. gallary app dosent work at all!! Nor can i see any photos or videos with any third party apk like vlc, mx player etc...nova launcher is one of my most favourite launcher(and ofc i had bought it for 150 inr) but it was also getting freezed while i tried opening it..even many other apps which i downloaded from playstore dosent work like google now launcher, solid explorer etc..all were getting freezed for some reason (i mean those apps dosent opens at all tho solid explorer opened only during setup procedure)
I wonder what's going wrong...and why is it happening only with me despite of doing everything right:confused:
But lineage os 14.1 works flawlessly and i am lovin it

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017
I tried that too...seems like i forgot to tell the biggest problem of all!.. gallary app dosent work at all!! Nor can i see any photos or videos with any third party apk like vlc, mx player etc...nova launcher is one of my most favourite launcher(and ofc i had bought it for 150 inr) but it was also getting freezed while i tried opening it..even many other apps which i downloaded from playstore dosent work like google now launcher, solid explorer etc..all were getting freezed for some reason (i mean those apps dosent opens at all tho solid explorer opened only during setup procedure)
I wonder what's going wrong...and why is it happening only with me despite of doing everything right:confused:
But lineage os 14.1 works flawlessly and i am lovin it
hmmm, thats realy a very weird problem and honestly for now is beyond my android knowledge, please try to contact Mr Dev about this weird problem maybe he could help.

Ŕu§hi

May 3, 2017
Mumbai
hmmm, thats realy a very weird problem and honestly for now is beyond my android knowledge, please try to contact Mr Dev about this weird problem maybe he could help.

I hope drakonizer replies because he might understand what's going wrong and what is the root cause of these errors
Also when i tried to flash ftf 5.1 lollipop firmware it never booted ..it was stuck on black screen:(

Last edited:

NyQuilXT

Jan 15, 2016
Hi,

I noticed two things using snap camera:

- preview does not fit screen width (small black bars on the left and right side)
- pictures taken with flash on low light situations seems to be some kind of "overexposed" - also with open camera

These things were working on nougat. Is there any chance to get this fixed somehow? I could also provide some logcat, if needed...

NyQuilXT :)

Samcode

Jan 28, 2017
Hi,

- preview does not fit screen width (small black bars on the left and right side)
- pictures taken with flash on low light situations seems to be some kind of "overexposed" - also with open camera

These things were working on nougat. Is there any chance to get this fixed somehow? I could also provide some logcat, if needed...

please provide a logCat about those issues and tag it to the Dev for check.

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi,

Problem #1 is expected. Our device has a 16:9 display and when you set the camera resolution to anything that is 16:9, the black bars appear because of the space taken by the navbar. Unfortunately, that is how the app is designed, and since we're hard at work on Pie, it is unlikely that we would change it, considering the issue is merely cosmetic.
About problem #2, I don't really use my Z1 for photography so I haven't noticed it. Because of how the camera is hacked to work, it would be nearly impossible to fix, if that was the case. I would recommend trying the Sony camera port and seeing if that fixes your issue.

Reactions: MIcHiJK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IfblItr.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

We recommend MindTheGApps. OpenGApps should work, but please make sure you clearly mention the gapps you're using when reporting bugs.

Get CarbonROM
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Credits:
    Huge thanks to everyone below, without whom this would have not been possible.
    * rcstar6696 (and everyone else who helped with the shinano bring up - these guys are the best)
    * SpiritCroc
    * Myself5
    * The entire CarbonROM team

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    drakonizer
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP + CAF

Version Information

Created 2017-12-25
    Last Updated 2018-05-22
    Thanks all for your reports. I'm happy to report that audio and thermanager has been fixed. Next stop is camera and bluetooth before I put up the next build.

Stay tuned!
    CHANGELOGS:

All changes can be tracked here:
    https://blog.carbonrom.org/changelog
    You can find the changelog prior to official builds below.

Official Build:
    * Fixed Video Recording
    * Improved RIL for C6903 devices

14/04/2018:
    * Fixed Camera
    * Fixed RIL and mobile data (on C6902 at least)
    * Enforcing SELinux + user build
    * Fixed Bluetooth

23/01/2018:
    * Fixed audio
    * Fixed thermanager

24/12/2017:
    Initial Release

BUGS:

* Connecting to data for C6902 devices is buggy (read FAQ).
    * NFC may or may not be broken (I cannot test it as my device does not have the NFC plate).

FAQs (Please read before posting questions):

Q: Does the ROM support OMS and theming with Substratum?
    A: Yes it does! Simply enable "Allow untrusted overlays" from Settings -> CarbonFibers -> Privacy and Security and follow the instructions that follow.

Q: Does the ROM work on C6902 as well?
    A: Yes, but you will face a few issues while trying to connect to mobile data. Apparently the way to make it work is by going to *#*#4636#*#* -> Phone Info, change the network mode to WCDMA only, and turn on and turn off airplane mode.

Q: Is the ROM rooted by default?
    A: No, please flash your favorite root solution after installing the ROM.

Q: Do I need to make a factory reset before installing this ROM?
    A: If you're moving from cr-5.1 official builds to cr-6.1 builds, then a factory reset is recommended. Some have been able to dirty flash their way from cr-5.1 to cr-6.1, but before trying that, make sure you have a backup, in case you're caught in a bootloop. Clean install is ALWAYS recommended. If you face any issues after dirty flashing, clean flash first and see if it's persistent and only then report the bug.

Q: SafetyNet?
    A: Sure, if you use Magisk and enable Magisk hide.
    Hi, drakonizer, I've got oreo firmware for Honami and Amami. I noticed that your firmware does not have any lib's files on the system/vendor/lib path
    libril.so
    libril-qc-qmi-1.so
    libril-qc-qmi-2.so
    libril-qcril-hook-oem.so
    librilutils.so

maybe that's why RIL doesn't work
    Thanks)
    I've uploaded a new build with some major changes, including, but not restricted to:
    - Working camera
    - Working RIL
    - Working 3G (4G users please report)
    - Basically everything else, except the bugs listed below, works

What's still broken:
    - NFC
    - Video recording (this has been fixed internally, but the patches are still WIP, so it will come soon). For now, you can use Footej Camera.
    - Anything else that I couldn't test that you guys report.

Enjoy! Link is in the OP. Thread title has been updated to reflect the latest changes.