[ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL][bacon] LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus One

Search This thread

SethGeckoXDA

Feb 19, 2017
When I have some tabs open in Brave Browser, the phone becomes sluggish. As soon as I close all tabs in the browser, the system does not lag anymore (e.g. switching between screens with 0 lag again).

Is this a problem of Brave Browser or LineageOS's memory management?

RedBux

Jun 20, 2008
Which Magisk version did you use? 17 or 18?

Could you run me some explaination towards using magisk. I never intend to use it prior to this.
IF you feel to help me for some understanding. OR link me to any beginer to use it

thanking you in advance

eiwarmer

Jun 24, 2016
Behind you
Could you run me some explaination towards using magisk. I never intend to use it prior to this.
IF you feel to help me for some understanding. OR link me to any beginer to use it

thanking you in advance
It's just like flashing superSU. You can find more here https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

And here's the support thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/mod-magisk-v1-universal-systemless-t3432382/page3184

Reactions: RedBux

xtreme24

Mar 12, 2019
Issue with Evernote app syncing

Guys, anyone noticed issues with the Evernote app syncing on all of the Oreo builds? The status keeps saying "SYNC STARTED" on the bottom left of the menu drawer.. it doesn't progress further until I restart the app, and then I notice the note syncs but the sync status is still stuck and doesn't complete.

pete3000

Jul 4, 2008
This might be a dumb Q, but How do you rename the device so it can be seen on a network other then UNKNOWN089023970. I think the option is missing in the ABOUT PHONE section of settings.

edit: Nevermind! found it deep in Developer settings/Device Hostname which i needed to enable.

Last edited:

SethGeckoXDA

Feb 19, 2017
Guys, anyone noticed issues with the Evernote app syncing on all of the Oreo builds? The status keeps saying "SYNC STARTED" on the bottom left of the menu drawer.. it doesn't progress further until I restart the app, and then I notice the note syncs but the sync status is still stuck and doesn't complete.

Works fine for me. Try: rebooting your phone, logging out/in again in Evernote, clearing Cache + Data in "Apps & notifications" -> "Evernote" -> "Storage".

May 2, 2019
Napoli
Yup i did get regular app updates back on the 14.1 build.

I'm kinda browsing for solutions and I think it's an issue with the playstore, somebody on reddit LineageOS thread said to clear the cache and data of of the playstore app. It did work for that person, but it was for a OP2 and it was about 6mos ago. I tried it and it didn't work on my OPO.

Do you have a link to that ryanair app? I'll try to install it and see if I will or will not let me install it.

EDIT: It worked! I've installed Instagram on my OPO. What I did was settings>storage>other apps>google playstore> clear the cache first then clear the data. Awhile ago, I cleared the data first but then the clear cache was grayed out so I assumed it already cleared the cache too. But I guess it didn't.

Though, it still won't let me flirt coz I still can't install tinder. :p
Anyway I'm okay with that I've rarely used that app.

Try it maybe it'll work with the Ryanair app.

I tried to search for tinder and ryanair on the playstore on my OPO but they can't be found.
I've check the desktop version of google playstore and when you search for tinder or ryanair they're gonna show up but it's gonna say x This app is incompatible with your device. x OnePlus A0001

Maybe you can download the ryanair app on APK pure and just manually install it(Install at your own risk, not really sure if that site is safe but it looks safe, I think)

But it's only the 3.54 version because the updated one is 3.59 was just updated yesterday on the google playstore.

Please tell me that you have sorted out with Ryanair app. I got EXACTLY the same issue but I'm struggling for weeks so far.
Ryanair support and developers are such assholes, I have sent many emails and requests of help bu nobody answered me.

bigbadwolf_pig

Oct 27, 2014
Somewhere far east...
Please tell me that you have sorted out with Ryanair app. I got EXACTLY the same issue but I'm struggling for weeks so far.
Ryanair support and developers are such assholes, I have sent many emails and requests of help bu nobody answered me.

Nope, sorry man, I don't use the Ryanair app. I just tried it out to figure out what's the issue because I had some issues with the Tinder app too.
I suggest maybe upgrading to LineageOS 16.0 and see if it got fixed or you can just manually install the Ryanair app. You can download it from APK Pure.

I haven't upgraded to LineageOS 16.0 yet and nighthlies has been out for a while. I might flash it on the weekend and I'll see if I can test the Ryanair app if it's working for LineageOS 16.0 and post it here.

SethGeckoXDA

Feb 19, 2017
Nope, sorry man, I don't use the Ryanair app. I just tried it out to figure out what's the issue because I had some issues with the Tinder app too.
I suggest maybe upgrading to LineageOS 16.0 and see if it got fixed or you can just manually install the Ryanair app. You can download it from APK Pure.

I haven't upgraded to LineageOS 16.0 yet and nighthlies has been out for a while. I might flash it on the weekend and I'll see if I can test the Ryanair app if it's working for LineageOS 16.0 and post it here.
I haven't installed the Ryanair app on LineageOS 16.0, but it is available as download in the Playstore.

Reactions: bigbadwolf_pig

SethGeckoXDA

Feb 19, 2017
@SethGeckoXDA Is LOS 16.0 fairly stable now? I'm thinking of skipping LOS 16.0 and wait for 16.1(if there's gonna be one).
There are some unresolved issues, but it is stable for me (no soft reboots). I use it as daily driver.

Some prominent issues are broken manual network selection, wifi speed problems on the 2.4 Ghz band (culprit: Google's NearbyMessagingService), badly implemented transitions between performance profiles, and problems with remote desktop connections (RealVNC) .

bigbadwolf_pig

Oct 27, 2014
Somewhere far east...
16.0 is more than stable and Ryanair app is working fine.

Good. Maybe the Tinder app will work with LOS 16.0 as it has the same issue with the Ryanair app.

There are some unresolved issues, but it is stable for me (no soft reboots). I use it as daily driver.

Some prominent issues are broken manual network selection, wifi speed problems on the 2.4 Ghz band (culprit: Google's NearbyMessagingService), badly implemented transitions between performance profiles, and problems with remote desktop connections (RealVNC) .

Hmmm, seems it won't affect me that much. I'll flash it this weekend. Thanks for the feedback. :)

bigbadwolf_pig

Oct 27, 2014
Somewhere far east...
I didn't flash my ROM, and the Ryanair app seems to be not compatible with my device. It may be possible that I need to change my ROM otherwise I won't be able to install this damned app?

As @SethGeckoXDA said, the ryanair app shows up on playstore for LOS 16.0. So most likely the ryanair app is gonna work for the latest LOS 16.0 rom. So you don't have a choice but to flash LOS 16.0.

@Flounderist was the one that had issues with the ryanair app before and he already confirmed that the ryanair app is working fine on LOS 16.0.

I'm gonna be updating as well, as @SethGeckoXDA and @Flounderist already confirmed that LOS 16.0 is more than stable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on bacon

Official Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    Open GApps (choose the variant you want)

Changelog:
    Changes for bacon

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS JIRA

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to jrior001
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    jrior001, jrior001, mikeioannina
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-09-16
    Last Updated 2018-09-15
    As you guys have seen the first lineage 16.0 builds are rolling out. I'll get a new thread up this weekend to split this discussion off.

To answer a few questions I've seen so far:

Data wipe is not required, only wipe system.
    Upgrade cases have been thoroughly tested on bacon specifically so were pretty confident you should not have issues with this.

Lineage addon su flashables are coming, hopefully before the weekend is over.

Issue with play store and our device fingerprint persists in 16.0 as well. I'm not sure what's going on with this. Oneplus may have abandoned their license(it's quite expensive to keep for a 5+? Yr old device) for this device or something and el goog is now blacklisting it. Unfortunately that leaves users with spoofing and magisk hax or using alternative app sources like f-droid or apkmirror.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
    Re: charging issues.

A change was made a few weeks back to try to fix issues some folks had specifically with the OnePlus factory chargers. Apparently there's some slight variations to the factory chargers or board hardware, they are not all created equal.

While that change fixed that issue, it appears to have created some issues with non-factory chargers in the process. In the next few days I'll get some test kernels up for you guys to check out and see if we can narrow down something that works for every charger.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    @jrior001 and all the others who are interested, this is my opinion & experience about the charging issues.
    I've always used two chargers to charge my OPO: Oneplus's official one and a third-party Amazon Basics charger (5 V, 2200 mAh). When using LineageOS 14.1 (both official and unofficial builds by Sultanxda), I've never faced any problem. I could use both chargers and they all worked flawlessly. On Sultan's builds, SOFT_AICL_VOL was set to 4390; I don't know what it was set to on official nightlies. After moving to LineageOS 15.1 I started experiencing charging hiccoughs when using the third-party charger. The charging process was intermittent, and the screen kept turning on and off very frequently, as though the charger was being plugged and unplugged every few seconds. This happened only when using the third-party charger, and at the time I was experiencing this problem, SOFT_AICL_VOL was set to 4555 (setting it to 4390 had no effect). For me, the best solution was to roll back to the old charging drivers used in LineageOS 14.1, as you pointed out in this commit: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_oppo_msm8974/+/231000
    I've picked that commit in my custom kernel and set SOFT_AICL_VOL to 4390, and now I can use both chargers as on LineageOS 14.1. I haven't followed this thread continuously and I don't know why that change was abandoned, but anyway, in my case it was the only fix to the problem.
    I hope my experience can help or be useful to better understand what's going on.
    Thank you for your work!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone