• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for Nextbit Robin (ether)

Search This thread

JayAbbhi

Jul 18, 2018
Google Pixel 3a
The latest August 15th update is busted. Everytime I try to update from a prior build it is extremely sluggish and slow to respond to button presses, ending with the screen going completely black and the phone not responding to any button combo other than booting into fastboot.

Apr 3, 2014
Hello all. Thank you javelinanddart for creating this thread and supporting us (dying) Nextbit Robin fans!

I just flashed TWRP recovery and the latest Lineage 15.1 OS (as well as Gapps 8.1 Super for ARM64), and every single thing works perfectly except for the fact that the WiFi Calling toggle option disappeared entirely.

I'm on T-Mobile. Both T-Mobile and Nextbit Robin support WiFi Calling, and I had it on the stock ROM before flashing LineageOS. I have searched for days and I can't seem to find anything on the topic. I followed the LineageOS installation instructions from the official website to the t. I tried reflashing everything just in case (originally flashed with Gapps 8.1 Pico for ARM64, then flashed again with the Gapps 8.1 Super version), but no dice.

When I search in the settings, it comes up in the results, and when I click it, it takes me to the Mobile network settings page, but there is no mention of WiFi Calling anywhere in order for me to switch it on or off.

Anybody having similar issues? Is there a workaround? Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: only thing I didn't do was create a backup. Was that my mistake? I don't think that would have anything to do with anything, but I'm mentioning it just in case

EDIT 2: I was on the stock 7.1.1 ROM before doing this venture

Last edited:

jabashque

Feb 17, 2017
Hello all. Thank you javelinanddart for creating this thread and supporting us (dying) Nextbit Robin fans!

I just flashed TWRP recovery and the latest Lineage 15.1 OS (as well as Gapps 8.1 Super for ARM64), and every single thing works perfectly except for the fact that the WiFi Calling toggle option disappeared entirely.

I'm on T-Mobile. Both T-Mobile and Nextbit Robin support WiFi Calling, and I had it on the stock ROM before flashing LineageOS. I have searched for days and I can't seem to find anything on the topic. I followed the LineageOS installation instructions from the official website to the t. I tried reflashing everything just in case (originally flashed with Gapps 8.1 Pico for ARM64, then flashed again with the Gapps 8.1 Super version), but no dice.

When I search in the settings, it comes up in the results, and when I click it, it takes me to the Mobile network settings page, but there is no mention of WiFi Calling anywhere in order for me to switch it on or off.

Anybody having similar issues? Is there a workaround? Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: only thing I didn't do was create a backup. Was that my mistake? I don't think that would have anything to do with anything, but I'm mentioning it just in case

EDIT 2: I was on the stock 7.1.1 ROM before doing this venture
Last I recall, whatever IMS-related blobs that were being used for 15.1 only supported VoLTE, not wifi calling. javelinanddart couldn't get wifi calling to work at the end.

Apr 3, 2014
Last I recall, whatever IMS-related blobs that were being used for 15.1 only supported VoLTE, not wifi calling. javelinanddart couldn't get wifi calling to work at the end.

I've search near and far..where is this discussed?

Only reason I flashed 15.1 over 16.0 is because of ANT+ and IMS support (as stated in this Ether Lineage OS wiki in the yellow exclamation marked section, as well as in the Known Bugs section of the official 16.0 XDA page)

jabashque

Feb 17, 2017
I've search near and far..where is this discussed?

Only reason I flashed 15.1 over 16.0 is because of ANT+ and IMS support (as stated in this Ether Lineage OS wiki in the yellow exclamation marked section, as well as in the Known Bugs section of the official 16.0 XDA page)
I'm not sure if this ever got mentioned in any place other than javelinanddart's old Hangouts group.

Apr 3, 2014
I'm not sure if this ever got mentioned in any place other than javelinanddart's old Hangouts group.

So then what other purpose is there to continuing 15.1 and 16.0 if the sole reason they continued 15.1 was because of ANT+ and IMS support...?

....and why does it say everywhere that is the sole reason of continuing 15.1 if it's not..?

So confused here. Please somebody shed some light on this issue or point in a direction of a solution to this problem [or as a last resort recommend another (fairly stable for daily use) custom ROM with WiFi Calling support]

jabashque

Feb 17, 2017
So then what other purpose is there to continuing 15.1 and 16.0 if the sole reason they continued 15.1 was because of ANT+ and IMS support...?

....and why does it say everywhere that is the sole reason of continuing 15.1 if it's not..?

So confused here. Please somebody shed some light on this issue or point in a direction of a solution to this problem [or as a last resort recommend another (fairly stable for daily use) custom ROM with WiFi Calling support]
Well, IMS doesn't work at all on 16.0, so you don't even get VoLTE as a result. IMS works partially on 15.1 and at least allows VoLTE, but not wifi calling.

As for a custom rom with wifi calling support, I'm afraid you'll have to stick with Nougat for that.

feydakin

Jan 23, 2011
Berlin
Does someone has the latest available 15.1 Rom by any chance and can upload it? (should be lineage-15.1-20200217-nightly-ether-signed.zip if my research is correct)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [COLOR="Blue"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on ether

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Official root addon
    LineageOS Extras

Changelog:
    Changes for ether

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    LineageOS JIRA

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to javelinanddart
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1 for Nextbit Robin (ether), ROM for the Nextbit Robin

Contributors
    javelinanddart
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-21
    Last Updated 2018-08-21
    Great work Thanks !!!
    Finally ETA for LOS 15.1 will stop , now it would look like that :
    When LOS 16 plz .....

Seriously , good work :highfive: :cowboy:

Does it means you are the new maintainer ?

Yes, although if you'd bothered to check, that information is on the wiki...

Also, Lineage 15.1 has existed for a long long time (since March, iirc). All of my unofficial builds were public.
    Anyone else experience freezing then immediate reboot while doing some reddit browsing or taking photos?
    Should I do a clean install?

Newer updates should fix that.
    I'm about to inherit a Nextbit Robin. Does 15.1 have the bug where TWRP won't decrypt it unless encryption is added in 14.1 and 15.1 is dirty-flashed, or is encryption working on 15.1 after a clean install?

The official TWRP can't decrypt at all, but the unofficial one from the installation instructions can. No need to install older versions or dirty-flash. However, I've seen errors getting automatic LOS updates installed on encrypted devices - for some reason, when booting into recovery for the upgrade, TWRP doesn't prompt for the unlock passcode and causes... issues. Manual upgrades work fine, though.
    Are you guys using official TWRP & 3230 or 3220? Or twrp that is linked in the opening Post?

I'm using the TWRP linked in the LineageOS wiki. The offiical TWRP builds use a device tree that hasn't been updated since Android Marshmallow, and the UI is laggy to hell and back. This is not the case in the unofficial one from the Lineage wiki.