• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [ 8.1.0 ] Official madOS - Coolpad Note3 Lite [MT6735]

Search This thread
Jun 20, 2017
Hello mados team, i have a coolpad note 3 lite with madOS_8.1.0_note3lite_20180325 rom. It used to charge very fine with the previous version of mados which had that video playback problem. Now the charging is very slow. I would appreciate if you could find a fix or add a fast charge option like the coolpad stock marshmallow rom. Thank you.

Reactions: DerTeufel1980

Jaspreet Kharoud

Oct 27, 2015
Bro I flashed this room from android 5 and now I can't find the fingerprint option anywhere.
So should I need to flash mm first, if yes which version of mm v004, v007 or v010
And I have another problem I have flashed mm rom before but that time after flashing I wasn't able to flash recovery , after flashing recovery if I open recovery first time nothing shows up and second time it's stock recovery. Help me bro

G

GuestD2265

Bro I flashed this room from android 5 and now I can't find the fingerprint option anywhere.
So should I need to flash mm first, if yes which version of mm v004, v007 or v010
And I have another problem I have flashed mm rom before but that time after flashing I wasn't able to flash recovery , after flashing recovery if I open recovery first time nothing shows up and second time it's stock recovery. Help me bro

After Flashing Custom recovery in MM , directly Boot in to recovery mode(don't boot normal mode before rooting) and flash root either Super SU or Magisk, Then only it will accept Custom recovery.

whoiam55

May 28, 2016
Ballabgarh, faridabad.
Thanks

First of all thankyou MADos team for the rom. Using for about a week and I pretty much impressed with the performance. Facing some glitches also which I'm putting here.
1. Indicator light is working but not in the right way. I mean in lolipop if screen is on there indicator light remain off even if charger connected, now it lit red when charger connected and remain lit where screen is on or off. Previously it lit red only if screen is off.
2. Indicator doesn't lit to show if there is any notifications. As a matter of fact I haven't seen it lit green after I flashed to Oreo. Though it sense that that there if a notification and if charger is connected the charging indication red lit light goes off.

Last edited:

umangkedia86

Feb 24, 2017
Thank you guyz its the best rom i got for coolpad note 3 lite till now only problem i got is there is very low sound in this rom also charging is slow and battery drains much quicker.
Volte Is not Supported i tried flashing the universal Volte support module to enable volte provisional Flag but i stuck in Mad os Logo
I flashed mados once more and tried other modules like
Dolby Atmos
Xvolume
volte & vowifi enabler v4

Still no success looking forward for getting this issues fixed in next update.

Still its the Best rom i got for Coolpad Note 3 lite.
Really Appreciated thank you guyzz :)

Last edited:

Jaspreet Kharoud

Oct 27, 2015
Hey bro before flashing android 8 I should be using mm rom ,so I can get fingerprint option
So tell me which mm version should I flash v004 or 007 or 010

CodeB47

Feb 28, 2018
Fingerprint

Hi...I have currently installed latest version of mad os 8.1 .I did not found fingerprint option. Can u pls tell me how i should go back to stock lollipop without erasing imei or stuff to install mm and oreo afterwards....plss.

VR.gtmini

Oct 8, 2011
Mars
Very Good Rom, :p

V2 March update Review

Camera, Impressive.
Battery, Awesome, (+i use greenify for notorious apps)

Performance, Superb

some bugs/issues> :angel:

Rotation locks to portrait(need reboot to cure),
Sim/Network/Lte issues
Volume is too low
.. :confused:.. forgot

titanium backup app was crashing a lot(after i changed dpi/font to large/huge)

Overall Nice Rom, thanks keep it up :good::laugh:
didnt knew tat u could resize those emojis on xda, but shows no visual changes

Last edited:
Reactions: DerTeufel1980

Mouly Kumar

Jul 28, 2018
My camera was working fine in mad os nougat, as soon as I updated it to oreo, it stopped working all of a sudden, then I riverted back to marshmallow and the camera does not work. Please provide a solution to my problem.

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
My camera was working fine in mad os nougat, as soon as I updated it to oreo, it stopped working all of a sudden, then I riverted back to marshmallow and the camera does not work. Please provide a solution to my problem.
This doesn't make any sense to me.
You used flashtool with firmware upgrade mode to get back to mm?
What exactly does the camera do?

acras1

Dec 2, 2013
Odesa
Hi! I have sources of 8.1 Alps mt6737. I've built working ROM and now want to make madOS for my phone. Can you give me some advices how to adapt my sources for madOS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VmDiDSr.png

This is a Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP Oreo ) for Coolpad Note 3 lite with MTK 6735 SoC

madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions:
    • Download ROM from M.A.D. Facebook
    • Download OpenGapps nano or pico from here: http://opengapps.org/
    • Backup
    • Flash new mandatory new Oreo TWRP: new oreo twrp, if this one isn't working...please try using this: alternate twrp
    • Boot to the new TWRP recovery
    • full Wipes (dont come crying if you didn't .. ;p )
    • Install rom (optionally following by GAPPS if you use them)
    • Optional: go to: wipe --> Advanced Wipe, tick 'cache' and click 'repair or change File System' --> change File System --> F2FS --> swipe to the right (hit back several times, and proceed the same way with 'data').
    • Reboot System

Working:
    • RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • All Sensors (including fingerprint)
    • Lights; HW Keys
    • Both storages & MTP
    • HW de/encoding
    • Camera (photos and video)
    • GPS & aGPS
    • Audio
    • madOS Extras (the features ya'all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo)

Not working:
    • VoLTE

XDA:DevDB Information
    madOS_O_CPN3_LITE, ROM for the CoolPad Note 3

Contributors
    DerTeufel1980, superdragonpt, fire855
    Source Code: https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: twrp
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-31

Created 2017-12-31
    Last Updated 2018-03-29
    Reserved

General F.A.Q.

Q: What the hell is madOS ?
    A: madOS, (M.A.D. Team OS), is a ROM based on pure A.O.S.P. with extended capabilities and customizations made by or merge/adapted by M.A.D. Team.

Q: Which recovery should I use for this ROM?
    A: Latest M.A.D. TWRP 3.2.1-0 recovery for OREO 8.1.0
    --> Check xda Download Section

Q: How do i flash new recovery ?
    A:
    1: You can flash it with a scatter file
    2: You can simply flash it from the existing twrp recovery: Install> Install image> Select Oreo TWRP> Select "Recovery" as partition to flash.
    Reboot to recovery to use new one

Q: Do i need to make full wipes?
    A: YES, dont come crying at me, if you didn't .... ;p

Q: What is "full wipes" ?
    A: To Wipe : Cache; System; DATA ...

Q: What should i use f2fs or ext4?
    A: Both are supported, choose the one you desire

Q: Does this rom have any Theme support
    A: Yup, We have working Theme Engine (madOS extras)

Update: On Oreo 8.1.0:
    - We have extended Theme support even further ( madLauncher, messaging, etc)
    - As well as many fixs

Q: Some translations are missing for my language, can I help?
    A: Sure you can, please check our translations repo available here , you can either do a pull request, or if you don't know how to work with git, sent us the XML. Strings for your language ( Check Readme on repo).

Q: I want to report a bug(s) do you have an issue tracker?
    A: Yeah... madOS issue tracker

Q: What's working ?
    A: Check first Post for current status

Q: App "x" doesn't work, why?
    A: Probably not compatible with OREO yet, feedback is welcome

Q: Is the rom rooted?
    A: NO, But you can easily root with :
    1: Magisk ( v14 onwards.)
    2: Super SU ( v2.82 onwards)
    IF there are problems in rooting, you need to report it to the root-threads...There's nothing we can do

Q: Should i root together with rom ?
    A: Not advised.. mainly the Magisk that gives some weird issues...
    Flash ROM and GAPPS (if you use gapps), after first boot get back to recovery and flash your desire rooting method

Q: Does xposed work?
    A: Is there Xposed for O? ... then no ;p

Q: How is battery life with Oreo?
    A: Pretty awesome

Q: Does this build support Vulcan?
    A: No....duh! v

Q: Does doze work in this build?
    A: Yup

Q: when will (feature/issue here) be fixed?
    A: NO ETA , please

Porting F.A.Q.
    No porting support, no port questions allowed on this thread, and porting PMs will be auto-deleted, porting replies will be reported as well

G.APPS F.A.Q.

Q:What GAPPS package should I use?
    A: openGapps arm64 nano/pico

Q: How to properly install GAPPS?
    A:Flash Rom + Flash Gapps at once

CREDITS and Thanks

madOS Team
    Our translators, credits list here
    A.O.S.P.
    Pure Nexus
    AOSPA
    DU (Dirty Unicorns)
    Omni

HELP supporting madOS

We do this on our free time, however we do have costs on maintaining this :/

Any donation is highly appreciated

You can donate by using
    this link

If the above doesn't work in your country, then you can directly donate by using this e-mail adress: [email protected]

About madOS Proprietary Apps

You are NOT allowed by any means, to use our madOS apps on any other build, your rom
    This is exclusively for OFFICIAL madOS ROM releases

@To Moderators: Feel free to clean the thread, whenever users start spamming, severe OT, or questioning about porting...
    Reserved

Changelog 25th March 2018:
    madOS version: 2.1.2
    • Build number: OPM1.171019.021 - March 2018 Security Patch Level
    • fixed video playback issues
    • improved camera quality
    • improved overall smoothness
    • tons of new options added

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mad/rom-810-official-mados-coolpad-note3-lite-mt6735/1647717181978715/

Changelog 4th January 2018:
    • madOS version: 2.1.1
    • Improved GSM/LTE signal handling
    • Fixed GSM/LTE signal with GPS enabled
    • Fixed Settings crash
    • Fixed LED notification
    • Added option to set QuickSettings background transparency
    • Fixed alarms
    • Fixed wallpaper scrolling setting in madLauncher
    • Improvements in bluetooth for A2DP
    • Updated included APNs list
    Hi! I've recently installed the oreo update on my coolpad note 3 lite. I'm trying to install SuperSu. But it's not working. I've tried supersu version 2.82 and 2.79 but none of this worked. The supersu app is not installing after installing the supersu zip from twrp.

Try magisk instead of SuperSU

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Excellent work guys great job and thanks, few fixes will make this ROM much better I know its not that easy but will be a life saver specially network drops while using mobile data or calling and phone freeze while playing video rest is all good have been using this ROM since it was launched and will continue to, there are few other small issues but manageable except these two which are major.