• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [ 8.1.0 ] Official madOS - Jiayu S3 Plus [MT6753]

Search This thread

dranreb08

Jul 14, 2017
Manila
Anyone here experiencing slow charging? Lockscreen battery status says (Charging slowly - 5 hrs until full charge)

Yes, Im experiencing it too its slowy charging..and on nougat rom I can use my power bank to charge my s3 plus but on this oreo rom it only display that my power bank has only 3.9V with 76mah..it will charge but will not continue after 1 minute..(my powerbank has fast charge with 3500mah)

harunachan

Jan 15, 2015
Yes, Im experiencing it too its slowy charging..and on nougat rom I can use my power bank to charge my s3 plus but on this oreo rom it only display that my power bank has only 3.9V with 76mah..it will charge but will not continue after 1 minute..(my powerbank has fast charge with 3500mah)

Had to restore back to 7.1.2 rom, however, you will lose your imei in the regular process.

Had to reflash stock rom via spft, then reinstall 7.1.2 rom to recover the imei. Will stick to this rom until further updates on the 8.1 rom

Reactions: onoakino

xaben

Sep 26, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Had to restore back to 7.1.2 rom, however, you will lose your imei in the regular process.

Had to reflash stock rom via spft, then reinstall 7.1.2 rom to recover the imei. Will stick to this rom until further updates on the 8.1 rom

My imei was also lost after restoring to 7.1.2 in twrp, when I flashed stock from zip imeis were back.

However could you please confirm whether the camera app is working on your phone after flashing via spft? In mine only works in stock but not in any 7.1.2 :eek:

harunachan

Jan 15, 2015
My imei was also lost after restoring to 7.1.2 in twrp, when I flashed stock from zip imeis were back.

However could you please confirm whether the camera app is working on your phone after flashing via spft? In mine only works in stock but not in any 7.1.2 :eek:

Hmm.. I didn't try to use the camera once in the stock rom. Ive rooted it immediately and flashed the 7.1.2 rom. Everything works fine again in the madOS rom 7.1.2.

dranreb08

Jul 14, 2017
Manila
The battery of my phone on this oreo rom is draining like hell..but rom is great in performance..the battery drain is my only problem..

Stony2

Jan 9, 2016
Can anyone post the link to the right TWRP please. THX.

OK, got it, who can read has an advantage. :laugh:

Coming from 7.1.2 with TWRP 3.1.1 it is not possible to upgade. Installation of TWRP file failed. Installation of 8.1.0 with the old TWRP also fails. :eek: Always runs to Error 7. Any ideas?

Ragards Stony2

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila

HI harunachan.

When you say 'stock rom', did you mean to say the jiayu s3 RC5? May I ask for a dowload link?

harunachan

Jan 15, 2015
Can anyone post the link to the right TWRP please. THX.

HI harunachan.

When you say 'stock rom', did you mean to say the jiayu s3 RC5? May I ask for a dowload link?

hmmm i think i was wrong. I was referring to Cherry Mobile Flare X v2 Stock Rom (im pinoy/from philippines also haha)

WARNING!! Camera works on stock rom. However, my camera wouldn't work on madOS 7.1.2 rom. Will try to switch back to stock lollipop rom.

Stony2

Jan 9, 2016
OK, got it, who can read has an advantage. :laugh:

Coming from 7.1.2 with TWRP 3.1.1 it is not possible to upgade. Installation of TWRP file failed. Installation of 8.1.0 with the old TWRP also fails. :eek: Always runs to Error 7. Any ideas?

Ragards Stony2

Solved: SD had a failure, new formated then it works, TWRP and also 8.1.0

THX, Stony2

onoakino

Sep 25, 2015
Manila
Oh. It's OK.

I just noticed now that I'm on s3 Plus thread. :D
I belong to the s3 Advance (fx v1, Pinoy power! ) hehehe.

Thanks for replying dude. Anyway, I think fast-charge is not working even for s3 advance as I am experiencing slow charging on Oreo too. I hope the devs could look into this, but only if they have the time. :D

dranreb08

Jul 14, 2017
Manila
It came into theory that fast R/W of F2FS do consume more battery than stable R/W of Ext4. dont have static proof of this but self experience is noticeable.

mugentech

Aug 21, 2017
thanks for Oreo for S3+.

Everything's working smooth and fast.

Howver will the high battery drain (on standby) be improved?

Blackcrown

Nov 28, 2014
I did not install Oreo on my S3+ because of the high battery drain that was reported by several users. Is everybody experiencing this behaviour? And to those who reported it: Did you perform a clean install, restore apps or data with Titanium Backup, install s.th. from the Play store that keeps Android awake?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

incitenoob

Mar 13, 2011
does this rom affect LTE bands for Flare X v2?

Hello, If one flashes a Cherry Mobile Flare x v2 with this, will LTE bands 1 and 5 remain, or do they disappear?

Thanks!

Karatton

Jul 14, 2016
Cons:
Visual bug in mobile band selection menu - you can choose any combination of bands and press set, but if you leave menu and enter it again, not a single band will be selected. Purely decorative bug, though, since LTE, sms and voice work just fine.
Device occasionally reboots, probably something to do with root.
~16h battery life vs 40h on Nougat. Again, something to do with root since simple device monitor shows that cpu is always occupied at 5% load by "sh"
Pros:
Quality of life improvements like bluetooth device charge level and best connectivity this device ever had.
Fixed bug with "no sim cards are installed" after reboot
Insanely fast boot time
ROM is probably great if you avoid rooting it - need confirmation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackcrown
May 22, 2018
cts profile fail

The rom is really great..
Oreo is fast to use
but the problem is safety net is always fail so that "google pay" cannot be use.
By web browsing a lot, i guest the CTS check is related to the "fingerprint" and the universal fix is by changing it to a "white list device finger print"
However, if i change the build.props , the bootloop is happened as a disaster.

So, it is possible to change the fingerprint at 1st , i.e. use a "whilelist device" fingerprint ?

lospider

Feb 23, 2013
I'm using CyanogenMOD ROM (Android 6.1 based), so I installed the Oreo TWRP (included in downloads) to flash this ROM (madOS 8.1.0), but the phone isn't booting in Recovery Mode anymore. How do I proceed?

Karatton

Jul 14, 2016
The rom is really great..
Oreo is fast to use
but the problem is safety net is always fail so that "google pay" cannot be use.
By web browsing a lot, i guest the CTS check is related to the "fingerprint" and the universal fix is by changing it to a "white list device finger print"
However, if i change the build.props , the bootloop is happened as a disaster.

So, it is possible to change the fingerprint at 1st , i.e. use a "whilelist device" fingerprint ?

Don't worry, you can't use google pay in any ROMs but the stock one (5.1). And it's a mess there too, randomly crashing and dropping, not to mention having to find proper combination of magisk and modules to hide your device from safetynet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    General F.A.Q.

Q: What the hell is madOS ?
    A: madOS, (M.A.D. Team OS), is a ROM based on pure A.O.S.P. with extended capabilities and customizations made by or merge/adapted by M.A.D. Team.

Q: Which recovery should I use for this ROM?
    A: Latest M.A.D. TWRP recovery
    --> Check xda Download Section

Q:
    How do I flash new recovery ?
    A:
    1: You can flash it with a scatter file (LP rom layout)
    2: You can simply flash it from the existing twrp recovery: Install> Install image> Select Oreo TWRP> Select "Recovery" as partition to flash.
    Reboot to recovery to use new one

Q: Do I need to wipe anything?
    A: Yes, it's recommend to wipe Cache, Data and System when you come from an older android version

Q: What should I use f2fs or ext4?
    A: Both are supported but f2fs is often better

Q: Does this rom have any Theme support
    A: Yup, We have working Theme Engine (madOS extras)

Q: Some translations are missing for my language, can I help?
    A: Sure you can, please check our translations repo available here , you can either do a pull request, or if you don't know how to work with git, sent us the XML. Strings for your language ( Check Readme on repo).

Q: I want to report a bug(s) do you have an issue tracker?
    A: Yeah... madOS issue tracker

Q: What's working?
    A: Check first Post for current status

Q: App "x" doesn't work, why?
    A: Probably not compatible with OREO yet, feedback is welcome

Q: Is the rom rooted?
    A: NO, But you can easily root with :
    1: Magisk ( v14 onwards.)
    2: Super SU ( v2.82 onwards)

Q: Should I root together with flashing the rom?
    A: Not advised.
    Flash ROM and GAPPS (if you use gapps), after first boot get back to recovery and flash your desire rooting method

Q: Does this build support Vulkan?
    A: No

Q: Does doze work in this build?
    A: Yes

Q: When will (feature/issue here) be fixed?
    A: NO ETA , please

Porting F.A.Q.
    No porting support, no port questions allowed on this thread, and porting PMs will be auto-deleted, porting replies will be reported as well

G.APPS F.A.Q.
    Q: What GAPPS package should I use?
    A: OpenGapps arm64 nano/pico

Q: How to properly install GAPPS?
    A: Flash Rom + Flash Gapps at once

CREDITS and Thanks ;)

• madOS Team
    • Our translators, credits list here
    • A.O.S.P.
    • AOSPA
    • DU (Dirty Unicorns)
    • Omni

HELP supporting madOS

We do this on our free time, however we do have costs on maintaining this :/

Any donation is highly appreciated ;)

You can donate by using
    this link

If the above doesn't work in your country, then you can directly donate by using this e-mail adress: [email protected]

About madOS Proprietary Apps

You are NOT allowed by any means, to use our madOS apps on any other build, your rom
    This is exclusively for OFFICIAL madOS ROM releases

@To Moderators: Feel free to clean the thread, whenever users start spamming, severe OT, or questioning about porting...
    VmDiDSr.png

This is an Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP 8.1.0 Oreo ) for Jiayu S3 Plus with MTK 6753 SoC

madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions:
    • Download ROM from M.A.D. Facebook
      OR via xda DevDB
    • Download current OpenGapps
      (Alternative: madOS Unofficial OpenGapps)
    • Flash new mandatory new Oreo 8.1.0 TWRP (available on downloads)
    • Boot to the new TWRP recovery
    • Wipe Data, Cache and System
    • Install rom (optionally following by GAPPS if you use them)
    • Reboot System

DO NOT: Flash any rooting zips (SuperSU or Magisk) on the first flash, together with rom

Working:
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data connection, etc)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • All Sensors
    • Lights; HW Keys
    • Both storages & MTP
    • HW de/encoding
    • Camera (photo & video)
    • GPS & aGPS
    • Audio
    • NFC
    • madOS Extras

Bugs:
    • -

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [ 8.1.0 ] Official madOS - Jiayu S3 Plus [MT6753], ROM for the JiaYu S3

Contributors
    fire855, DerTeufel1980, superdragonpt
    Source Code: https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-16
    Last Updated 2018-04-18
    Changelogs

[Stable] Build [8.1.0] 20180415

• First Release
    • Patch Level: April 5, 2018
    • Kernel: 3.10.108
    this is all mine
    Thanks for the quick reply. The link you posted needs an authorization. Please, can you attach your working zip as a reply to this thread? I believe it would be useful and perhaps @fire855 @superdragonpt and @DerTeufel1980 could also use it to edit the Opening Post for the benefit of everyone? Thanks!

There you go.