• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [ 8.1.0 ] Official madOS - Jiayu S3 Plus [MT6753]

Search This thread

Blackcrown

Nov 28, 2014
Are you sure that you are in the right thread? This one is for S3+ (mtk 6753). Be sure to use a ROM matching your platform.
I'm using CyanogenMOD ROM (Android 6.1 based), so I installed the Oreo TWRP (included in downloads) to flash this ROM (madOS 8.1.0), but the phone isn't booting in Recovery Mode anymore. How do I proceed?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

lospider

Feb 23, 2013
Are you sure that you are in the right thread? This one is for S3+ (mtk 6753). Be sure to use a ROM matching your platform.

You're right. I confused my S3 Advanced (6752) with the Plus (6753)! :rolleyes: That's why the TWRP recovery wasn't working.
I manage to install a new TWRP and make it work, but at the time I didn't realize the problem yet. So, I wiped all data to install the new ROM and insisted to reflash the incompatible recovery (via TWRP).
Now my phone is bricked. I'm stuck at Jiayu boot logo, without TWRP and system! :(
Is there anything I can do to solve this?

May 22, 2018
Don't worry, you can't use google pay in any ROMs but the stock one (5.1). And it's a mess there too, randomly crashing and dropping, not to mention having to find proper combination of magisk and modules to hide your device from safetynet.

Where can find stock rom 5.1?
I just found the CN (China version) rom, which is rooted and bootloader unlocked at 1st.
So it is impossible to pass CTS test in Google:crying:

Blackcrown

Nov 28, 2014
Well, my S3+ is up and running. But I am still on Nougat, since the reports of other users indicate that Oreo has some bugs including high battery consumption. So I hope for an update.

paratopo

Feb 20, 2017
I using oreo mados ROM in my jiayu s3+. Magisk only works until the versión 14.5. Not works safety- net- fix, dolby atmos 5g wifi and some reboots. Battery load and length normal.

frbgd

Jul 6, 2018
Moscow
Good afternoon, friends!

I still have the firmware from May 27, 2017 (7.1.2) and Magisk 16.0. I'm using Google Pay (Android Pay). Safetynet checks are successful. Can I use Google Pay on this firmware (8.1.0)? Thank you!

jossete

Feb 1, 2011
The phone only charges the battery in slow mode, although active fast charging continues charging in slow mode.

Renda77CZ

Apr 12, 2017
Phone restart and restart and restart

Hello. install, run, Oreo logo, restar, Oreo logo, restart, Oreo logo and restart :(
Run soft. SP Flash Tool, install Jiayu-S3+FL-24 a OK, system ready and next time, restart again and again :(
all things to try and phone next time Restart.
Phone game over ???????

BrunxBlackStar

Sep 24, 2018
I can't play pokemon go with this rom... I don't have root because i don't need it, but the game says not posibly log in (no says the not compatible device message, only the login error). Why? What is the problem? Please help me.
PD: sorry for my english, i'm spanish...

Chrisels

Jan 4, 2019
Manila
First of all, I want to commend the MAD team or the developers behind for creating this custom rom and we are able to glimpse oreo update. I understand that it is only a part-time job or a hobby for creating this update. I'm just hesitant to buy new phone since there will be a new release phone for after a month or more. I bought this phone for like 140USD and after a month it goes down to 80USD. I'm also hesitant to buy new phone since almost of the android is like copying Iphone business strategy. Built-in battery with built-in internal storage. I understand that this is how business works but it seems like it's too much greedy on them. My original battery on my phone jiayu s3 plus or cherry mobile flare x v2 die at the age of a year. It automatically drains for about one hour and heating up without using it for unknown reason. I bought new battery for it but it doesn't work out. I tried also calibrating the battery but it doesn't work also. I tried also reflashing new fresh stock rom but it doesn't work out as well. It's seems like its a software issue that some program anonymously running on background. With this rom, I've backread that there is also a bug for consuming lots of battery juice but it's okay, I just want to have some taste a little oreo update. But I guess, I will be buying a new phone.

Z3RatuL

Dec 26, 2008
Athens
First of all, I want to commend the MAD team or the developers behind for creating this custom rom and we are able to glimpse oreo update. I understand that it is only a part-time job or a hobby for creating this update. I'm just hesitant to buy new phone since there will be a new release phone for after a month or more. I bought this phone for like 140USD and after a month it goes down to 80USD. I'm also hesitant to buy new phone since almost of the android is like copying Iphone business strategy. Built-in battery with built-in internal storage. I understand that this is how business works but it seems like it's too much greedy on them. My original battery on my phone jiayu s3 plus or cherry mobile flare x v2 die at the age of a year. It automatically drains for about one hour and heating up without using it for unknown reason. I bought new battery for it but it doesn't work out. I tried also calibrating the battery but it doesn't work also. I tried also reflashing new fresh stock rom but it doesn't work out as well. It's seems like its a software issue that some program anonymously running on background. With this rom, I've backread that there is also a bug for consuming lots of battery juice but it's okay, I just want to have some taste a little oreo update. But I guess, I will be buying a new phone.

Have you tried flashing the [ROM] [REPACK] [ 5.1.1 ] RC5 Lollipop Jiayu S3 & S3 Pro [MT6752] ROM? It's a great ROM and has the best performance/battery life on all ROMs I have tested. Use PEGASUSQ CPU governor (Settings -> Performance -> Processor -> CPU governor) when you do flash this ROM. I think it consumes less battery, and you still get a great performance.

Chrisels

Jan 4, 2019
Manila
Have you tried flashing the [ROM] [REPACK] [ 5.1.1 ] RC5 Lollipop Jiayu S3 & S3 Pro [MT6752] ROM? It's a great ROM and has the best performance/battery life on all ROMs I have tested. Use PEGASUSQ CPU governor (Settings -> Performance -> Processor -> CPU governor) when you do flash this ROM. I think it consumes less battery, and you still get a great performance.

This will work on MT6753? I guess this rom will worked only on Jiayu s3 and s3 pro [MT6752].

Blackcrown

Nov 28, 2014
This will work on MT6753? I guess this rom will worked only on Jiayu s3 and s3 pro [MT6752].
True, our S3plus has MTK6753, this ROM will not boot. However, if you want a stable Lolipop ROM for the S3plus, use Belulah from Jiayu.es - I never had any problems with it, but I happily left it behind for all the adventures (and some problems) with MAD OS.

Chrisels

Jan 4, 2019
Manila
Whats the latest Version?

This is the latest version for Android Oreo. Hope that they would make android Pie. By the way, here are the things of what I've experienced after flashing this ROM.

- Smooth Experience
- Still get lots of battery drain like on stock ROM
- Rebooting on some occasions
- Force closes apps on some occasions
- Able to download apps that weren't supported on Android Lollipop 5.1
- If you set your wifi in 20mhz frequency, you weren't able to find it. You need to set your wifi to Auto so that you can find your wifi.

That's all.

Last edited:

Blackcrown

Nov 28, 2014
- Smooth Experience
- Still get lots of battery drain like on stock ROM
- Rebooting on some occasions
- Force closes apps on some occasions
- Able to download apps that weren't supported on Android Lollipop 5.1
- If you set your wifi in 20mhz frequency, you weren't able to find it. You need to set your wifi to Auto so that you can find your wifi.

That's all.

Yeah, battery drain in standby was the problem. With light usage, this ROM did last only 1 day, while Nougat was 3 days alive. So I returned to Nougat (including a necessary downgrade to Lolipop).

Chrisels

Jan 4, 2019
Manila
Yeah, battery drain in standby was the problem. With light usage, this ROM did last only 1 day, while Nougat was 3 days alive. So I returned to Nougat (including a necessary downgrade to Lolipop).

I'm confused, are you still using your Jiayu S3 plus as of now? You've mentioned in previous comment that
but I happily left it behind for all the adventures (and some problems) with MAD OS.
or it is what you've experience before? By the way, just recently, after reflashing back to stock rom, I figured out the culprit of the battery drain. I guess it was the google play services which anonymously eating lots of battery. I mean, I was with the previous stock rom before which is Lollipop 5.1 but with updated google play service, eating lots of battery and also with Android Oreo MAD OS Rom. Now I never installed updated apps, and it last 2-3days but you can't install games from play store since you need to update your google play service before you can install any game.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    General F.A.Q.

Q: What the hell is madOS ?
    A: madOS, (M.A.D. Team OS), is a ROM based on pure A.O.S.P. with extended capabilities and customizations made by or merge/adapted by M.A.D. Team.

Q: Which recovery should I use for this ROM?
    A: Latest M.A.D. TWRP recovery
    --> Check xda Download Section

Q:
    How do I flash new recovery ?
    A:
    1: You can flash it with a scatter file (LP rom layout)
    2: You can simply flash it from the existing twrp recovery: Install> Install image> Select Oreo TWRP> Select "Recovery" as partition to flash.
    Reboot to recovery to use new one

Q: Do I need to wipe anything?
    A: Yes, it's recommend to wipe Cache, Data and System when you come from an older android version

Q: What should I use f2fs or ext4?
    A: Both are supported but f2fs is often better

Q: Does this rom have any Theme support
    A: Yup, We have working Theme Engine (madOS extras)

Q: Some translations are missing for my language, can I help?
    A: Sure you can, please check our translations repo available here , you can either do a pull request, or if you don't know how to work with git, sent us the XML. Strings for your language ( Check Readme on repo).

Q: I want to report a bug(s) do you have an issue tracker?
    A: Yeah... madOS issue tracker

Q: What's working?
    A: Check first Post for current status

Q: App "x" doesn't work, why?
    A: Probably not compatible with OREO yet, feedback is welcome

Q: Is the rom rooted?
    A: NO, But you can easily root with :
    1: Magisk ( v14 onwards.)
    2: Super SU ( v2.82 onwards)

Q: Should I root together with flashing the rom?
    A: Not advised.
    Flash ROM and GAPPS (if you use gapps), after first boot get back to recovery and flash your desire rooting method

Q: Does this build support Vulkan?
    A: No

Q: Does doze work in this build?
    A: Yes

Q: When will (feature/issue here) be fixed?
    A: NO ETA , please

Porting F.A.Q.
    No porting support, no port questions allowed on this thread, and porting PMs will be auto-deleted, porting replies will be reported as well

G.APPS F.A.Q.
    Q: What GAPPS package should I use?
    A: OpenGapps arm64 nano/pico

Q: How to properly install GAPPS?
    A: Flash Rom + Flash Gapps at once

CREDITS and Thanks ;)

• madOS Team
    • Our translators, credits list here
    • A.O.S.P.
    • AOSPA
    • DU (Dirty Unicorns)
    • Omni

HELP supporting madOS

We do this on our free time, however we do have costs on maintaining this :/

Any donation is highly appreciated ;)

You can donate by using
    this link

If the above doesn't work in your country, then you can directly donate by using this e-mail adress: [email protected]

About madOS Proprietary Apps

You are NOT allowed by any means, to use our madOS apps on any other build, your rom
    This is exclusively for OFFICIAL madOS ROM releases

@To Moderators: Feel free to clean the thread, whenever users start spamming, severe OT, or questioning about porting...
    VmDiDSr.png

This is an Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP 8.1.0 Oreo ) for Jiayu S3 Plus with MTK 6753 SoC

madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions:
    • Download ROM from M.A.D. Facebook
      OR via xda DevDB
    • Download current OpenGapps
      (Alternative: madOS Unofficial OpenGapps)
    • Flash new mandatory new Oreo 8.1.0 TWRP (available on downloads)
    • Boot to the new TWRP recovery
    • Wipe Data, Cache and System
    • Install rom (optionally following by GAPPS if you use them)
    • Reboot System

DO NOT: Flash any rooting zips (SuperSU or Magisk) on the first flash, together with rom

Working:
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data connection, etc)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • All Sensors
    • Lights; HW Keys
    • Both storages & MTP
    • HW de/encoding
    • Camera (photo & video)
    • GPS & aGPS
    • Audio
    • NFC
    • madOS Extras

Bugs:
    • -

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [ 8.1.0 ] Official madOS - Jiayu S3 Plus [MT6753], ROM for the JiaYu S3

Contributors
    fire855, DerTeufel1980, superdragonpt
    Source Code: https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-04-16
    Last Updated 2018-04-18
    Changelogs

[Stable] Build [8.1.0] 20180415

• First Release
    • Patch Level: April 5, 2018
    • Kernel: 3.10.108
    this is all mine
    Thanks for the quick reply. The link you posted needs an authorization. Please, can you attach your working zip as a reply to this thread? I believe it would be useful and perhaps @fire855 @superdragonpt and @DerTeufel1980 could also use it to edit the Opening Post for the benefit of everyone? Thanks!

There you go.