• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [ 8.1.0 ] Official madOS - Vernee Thor [MT6753]

Search This thread

kascibon

Jun 14, 2012
Has anyone problem in reproducing audio? Such as a lack Just in starting every audio file. YouTube, mp3 video, game etc. With out audio, no lack in reproducing video, game etc.
Oreo 8.1, gapps and magisk mask 16.4
Thanks

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
So I was completing the second step... rebooted (after formated CACHE and DATA folders to f2fs) and now all i can see is the robot warning icon flashing alongside with the message saying "No command"... I've already tried every combination in order to get it to recovery menu but nothing happens... also i can't shutdown the phone, if I press the power button it will just reboot to the same screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance, best regards.
You seem to have 'lost' twrp...
You should just flash twrp with flashtool again, and then directly boot to recovery and proceed

zazilu

Jul 1, 2018
You seem to have 'lost' twrp...
You should just flash twrp with flashtool again, and then directly boot to recovery and proceed

I've ended up following this guide... and reflashed one of the stock roms from scatter file using SP Flash Tool. Successfully flashed TWRP and 8.1... It looked nice at first, everything worked. Although now I've lost the IMEI numbers... Already tried everything... Reflash Stock ROM; *#*#3646633#*#* (there's no CDS Information option); Mobileuncle Tools/XPosed IMEI Changer/Chamelephon (any of these works); Maui META (can't make it recognise the phone even though I've tried in different PC's and installed the drivers)... Do you have any suggestion to that? (I don't have an backup, only the numbers written on the battery cover)... Thank you! Best Regards.

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
I've ended up following this guide... and reflashed one of the stock roms from scatter file using SP Flash Tool. Successfully flashed TWRP and 8.1... It looked nice at first, everything worked. Although now I've lost the IMEI numbers... Already tried everything... Reflash Stock ROM; *#*#3646633#*#* (there's no CDS Information option); Mobileuncle Tools/XPosed IMEI Changer/Chamelephon (any of these works); Maui META (can't make it recognise the phone even though I've tried in different PC's and installed the drivers)... Do you have any suggestion to that? (I don't have an backup, only the numbers written on the battery cover)... Thank you! Best Regards.
Unfortunately, you need to use maui meta 3g (or similar, like sn write tool) ... It's only working while running stock rom.

patchick

May 29, 2017
Worked for me:
1. Back up the mad os (ALL the partitions)
2. Flash the stock ROM 6.0
3. Restore IMEI using CDS information option (or any other way)
4. Flash TWRP
5. Restore the backup. Restore all partitions except partition called "nvram"
6. Reboot and hope that worked
Nvram stores the IMEI numbers, just keep an extra backup of it

aLexzkter

Sep 21, 2010
@DerTeufel1980, can you tweak the GPS icon on the notification panel so that it looks different when it's set to battery saving mode compared to high-precision mode? Like on LineageOS. Please, take a look at the attached screenshots, thanks.

wtyxh.jpg

2uoqdd3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    162 bytes · Views: 222
  • 2.jpg
    162 bytes · Views: 224
Last edited:

MisterYO1122

Jun 24, 2017
Need some help with installing it

Could someone help me with a small problem?

I'm on stock 7.0 and I don't have TWRP installed, so I tried the first method of flashing the recovery. However, when I enter the fastboot flash boot ... command, after saying "writing 'boot' . . . " it says FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state).

I already double checked and the boot loader is unlocked in the settings so, I'm not sure what I should do.

mackeev

Jan 3, 2014
Could someone help me with a small problem?

I'm on stock 7.0 and I don't have TWRP installed, so I tried the first method of flashing the recovery. However, when I enter the fastboot flash boot ... command, after saying "writing 'boot' . . . " it says FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state).

I already double checked and the boot loader is unlocked in the settings so, I'm not sure what I should do.

Looks like you're on a wrong forum. Are you sure your phone was manufactured prior to October 2016?
Try posting here.

heysahil1

Oct 30, 2015
I have three twrp recoveries it tried to flash Oreo recovery by each of them...but whenever I flash recovery image and click to boot into recovery, instead of booting into Oreo recovery my device boot into system....and after that when it ry to boot into recovery again by holding vol up and power button, instead of booting into twrp I boot into stock nougat recovery... What should I do now....and the three. Nougat twrp recoveries are
1) twrp from methebest
2) twrp from Jimmy
3) twrp don't remember developer's name...
So how can I flash Oreo recovery I also tried adb method I unlock bootloader and flash recovery but get same result....

heysahil1

Oct 30, 2015
unable to install oreo recovery

:confused::confused:
I have three twrp recoveries it tried to flash Oreo recovery by each of them...but whenever I flash recovery image and click to boot into recovery, instead of booting into Oreo recovery my device boot into system. ...and after that when it ry to boot into recovery again by holding vol up and power button, instead of booting into twrp I boot into stock nougat recovery. .. What should I do now....and the three. Nougat twrp recoveries are
1) twrp from methebest
2) twrp from Jimmy
3) twrp don't remember developer's name...
So how can I flash Oreo recovery I also tried adb method I unlock bootloader and flash recovery but get same result....

patchick

May 29, 2017
I get this toast whenever i get a message on FB Messenger and when i edit a picture with the gallery app
Thought i'd give this to you before i reflash rom

Attachments

• IMG_20180905_215338.jpg
    IMG_20180905_215338.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 212

Emmes

Nov 21, 2012
Vienna
Hi Guys, i cracked my screen and now i want to replace it. Will there be a problem if i change it with a screen from the second version (after Oct. 2016)? Will MadOS still work?
Does anybody know at good reliable seller for screens ( a trustified alix-seller ) ?
Thanks in advance and sorry for being lil off-topic

RalphMalph

Oct 2, 2007
When changing the screen it will become unusable for madOS. You need to flash original rom, which will lead you back to Android 7.

Reactions: Emmes

brokenthor

Oct 29, 2018
After unlocking and flashing the twrp .img, my phone is now in a boot-loop and I cannot even turn it off. It says "Orange state Your device has been unlocked and cannot be trusted". How can I solve this?

hugbo

Mar 12, 2008
After unlocking and flashing the twrp .img, my phone is now in a boot-loop and I cannot even turn it off. It says "Orange state Your device has been unlocked and cannot be trusted". How can I solve this?

Check a couple of pages back, someone had that problem. Noty that bad, just takes some time to fix.

Basically, you need to format / reflash a standard ROM with SP Flashtools.
Restore your IMEI with Maui Meta
Install a custom TWRP with SP Flashtools

Then start the update process using your existing TWRP. (the b) part of the new TWRP).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VmDiDSr.png

This is a Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP Oreo ) for Vernee Thor (not thor E and not thor Plus) with MTK 6753 SoC

This is only working on devices, manufactured before October 2016. If the pre-installed software was dated October already, your device does not work! Don't ask me/us to fix this...ask Vernee to release the kernel source code! No updated kernel source code --> no updated software.

madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Working:
    • RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • All Sensors (incl. fingerprint)
    • Lights;
    • Both storages & MTP
    • HW de/encoding
    • Camera (photos and video)
    • GPS & aGPS
    • Audio
    • madOS Extras (the features ya'all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo)

Not working:
    • nothing

XDA:DevDB Information
    madOS_O_THOR, ROM for Vernee Thor (see above for details)

Contributors
    DerTeufel1980, fire855, superdragonpt
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.y
    ROM Firmware Required: phone manufactured before october 2016
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-03-20
    Last Updated 2018-03-20
    Reserved

First time Install Instructions

0) Preparation

0.1) Backup your important data to PC

0.2) Download “twrp_vernee_thor_oreo.img“:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m58f5ifmopyb209/twrp_vernee_thor_oreo.img

0.3) Download “madOS_8.1.0_thor_2018xxyy.zip“ https://www.facebook.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers/

0.4) Optional, Download “Google Apps (aka Gapps)“: http://opengapps.org/. Choose: “ARM64“, “Android 8.1“, “nano“ or “pico“ package

1) Flash the recovery and boot to it. (choose option a) if you don't have another TWRP already installed, else choose b))

1.1a) Boot in the BOOTLOADER mode (using ADB: "adb reboot-bootloader").
    Then execute command “fastboot flash boot twrp_vernee_thor_oreo.img”;
    and then “fastboot reboot” (this is a trick to directly bring you to the newly flashed recovery. You can't boot up your current/stock rom at this point anymore).

1.1b) Boot to your current TWRP. Choose install --> image, and select twrp_vernee_thor_oreo.img“. Then choose “recovery“ as the target. After few seconds, and succesful installation, hit “back“ several times, then go to “reboot --> recovery“

2) Install

2.0) Optional, but recommended: Go to "Wipe --> Advanced Wipe", click "Cache" and then "Repair or Change File system". Then select "Change File system" and choose "F2FS". Swipe to confirm.
    Hit "back" three times (you can again choose a partition to change now). Choose "Data" and do as above.
    Hit "back" several times, to get back to the main menu. Choose "Reboot --> Recovery".

2.1) While already in recovery (TWRP), connect your phone to pc, and copy “madOS_8.1.0_thor_2018xxyy.zip“ and the Google Apps to your phone.

2.2) Go to "Wipe", and directly slide the slider to the right.

2.3) Get back to main menu with the "back" button
    2.4) Go to "Install" and hit “madOS_8.1.0_thor_2018xxyy.zip“, then uncheck all boxes and hit "Add more zips", now choose the Google Apps.
    Confirm installation by swiping the slider to the right.

2.5) Reboot System

Follow up Install Instructions
    • Download rom and gapps
    • boot to recovery
    • flash rom and gapps
    • optional: flash superSu/Magisk
    • reboot system

General F.A.Q.

Q: What the hell is madOS ?
    A: madOS, (M.A.D. Team OS), is a ROM based on pure A.O.S.P. with extended capabilities and customizations made by or merge/adapted by M.A.D. Team.

Q: Can I install this rom on any other device, than the one mentioned in the title/description?

A:
    WTF! Of course not! It is not mentioned in the title/description for some reason...how stupid can one be?!
    If you still come to my thread and ask this stupid question, I'll answer some random nonsense. Don't come to me to complain when you break your device!

Q: Which recovery should I use for this ROM?
    A: Latest M.A.D. TWRP 3.2.1-0 recovery for OREO 8.1.0

Q: How do i flash new recovery ?
    A:
    1: You can flash it with a scatter file
    2: You can simply flash it from the existing twrp recovery: Install> Install image> Select Oreo TWRP> Select "Recovery" as partition to flash.
    Reboot to recovery to use new one

Q: Do i need to make full wipes?
    A: YES, dont come crying at me, if you didn't .... ;p

Q: What is "full wipes" ?
    A: To Wipe : Cache; System; DATA ...

Q: What should i use f2fs or ext4?
    A: Both are supported, choose the one you desire

Q: Does this rom have any Theme support
    A: Yup, We have working Theme Engine (madOS extras)

Update: On Oreo 8.1.0:
    - We have extended Theme support even further ( madLauncher, messaging, etc)
    - As well as many fixes

Q: Some translations are missing for my language, can I help?
    A: Sure you can, please check our translations repo available here , you can either do a pull request, or if you don't know how to work with git, sent us the XML. Strings for your language ( Check Readme on repo).

Q: I want to report a bug(s) do you have an issue tracker?
    A: Yeah... madOS issue tracker

Q: What's working ?
    A: Check first Post for current status

Q: App "x" doesn't work, why?
    A: Probably not compatible with OREO yet, feedback is welcome

Q: Is the rom rooted?
    A: NO, But you can easily root with :
    1: Magisk ( v14 onwards.)
    2: Super SU ( v2.82 onwards)
    IF there are problems in rooting, you need to report it to the root-threads...There's nothing we can do

Q: Should i root together with rom ?
    A: Not advised.. mainly the Magisk that gives some weird issues...
    Flash ROM and GAPPS (if you use gapps), after first boot get back to recovery and flash your desire rooting method

Q: Does xposed work?
    A: Is there Xposed for O? ... then no ;p

Q: How is battery life with Oreo?
    A: Pretty awesome

Q: Does this build support Vulcan?
    A: No....duh! v

Q: Does doze work in this build?
    A: Yup

Q: when will (feature/issue here) be fixed?
    A: NO ETA , please

Porting F.A.Q.
    No porting support, no port questions allowed on this thread, and porting PMs will be auto-deleted, porting replies will be reported as well

G.APPS F.A.Q.

Q:What GAPPS package should I use?
    A: openGapps arm64 nano/pico

Q: How to properly install GAPPS?
    A:Flash Rom + Flash Gapps at once

CREDITS and Thanks

madOS Team
    Our translators, credits list here
    A.O.S.P.
    Pure Nexus
    AOSPA
    DU (Dirty Unicorns)
    Omni

HELP supporting madOS

We do this on our free time, however we do have costs on maintaining this :/

Any donation is highly appreciated

You can donate by using
    this link

If the above doesn't work in your country, then you can directly donate by using this e-mail adress: [email protected]

About madOS Proprietary Apps

You are NOT allowed by any means, to use our madOS apps on any other build, your rom
    This is exclusively for OFFICIAL madOS ROM releases

@To Moderators: Feel free to clean the thread, whenever users start spamming, severe OT, or questioning about porting...
    Wave? You mean the ambient display option?

I meant Display>Advanced>Ambient display, first option on the screenshot.
    Please tell us which

Very minor issues but here's what I found so far:

- When I followed the Optional instructions to change some filesystems to f2fs the phone wouldn't boot.
    I reflashed official Nougat and then tried again without attempting f2fs and it worked.

- The installation instructions don't tell you how to unlock the bootloader

- In a few messages it says Pixel instead of Thor

- There is a setting for turning on the light behind the buttons, the hardware for this is not present on Thor

- I had some trouble getting Google Contacts to sync, but it's working now