• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [ 8.1.0 ] Official madOS - Wiko Fever (and clones) [MT6753]

Search This thread

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Reactions: Harishwarrior

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam
you guys can replace the wiko baseband with the Blu baseband and zip the ROM....that will work... cause the baseband file won't change during compile...because we don't have source for that...

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam
To the Dev of MAD OS:

I am trying to mod the mad os by changing the baseband file to fix the Blu baseband issue...

But I can't find the baseband file in the zip...

And which tool should I use to unpack the brotli zip

Where is the baseband file located..?

Help me guys...

Thanks in advance?

Update:
I found the baseband file in vendor/baseband

But there is a lot of files changed than Wiko fever...
And the clones doesn't have that much file..will it work when I replace ...and we have no other choice than that cause we don't have sources for baseband...

Last edited:

ILoveTech!!!

Mar 26, 2018
Istanbul
Hey there, first of all, thank you for your work. I'm using Casper VIA M1 (Wiko Fever clone) 32GB ROM/3GB RAM.
I flashed this rom and everything is working, expect the microphone. When i record my voice, there is too sizzles. I almost can't hear my voice. But if i raise up volume to latest, there is too sizzles, but i can hear my voice barely. When i make a call, my voice can't go to other side,but i can hear him who is on other side. I also tried port audio.primary.mt6753.so from my stock MM firmware,but this time i lose audio completely. What can i do?

ILoveTech!!!

Mar 26, 2018
Istanbul
There's ways to tried work microphone on madOS:
-Change audio.primary.mt6753.so and audio.primary.default.so from my VIA M1 MM firmware (completely lose audio).
-Change all audio files from my VIA M1 MM firmware (phone stuck at last boot anim)
-Change kernel (stuck at bootloop)

But i think maybe it's caused from NVRAM, because when im on stock VIA M1 MM firmware microphone works perfectly but when i switched to Wiko Fever 4G V34 MM ROM there's exact issues on madOS. I compared NVRAM from Fever and VIA M1 and i see at media folder there is plus 2 files on VIA M1's NVRAM and this files about mic and media.

Last edited:

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam
There's ways to tried work microphone on madOS:
-Change audio.primary.mt6753.so and audio.primary.default.so from my VIA M1 MM firmware (completely lose audio).
-Change all audio files from my VIA M1 MM firmware (phone stuck at last boot anim)
-Change kernel (stuck at bootloop)

But i think maybe it's caused from NVRAM, because when im on stock VIA M1 MM firmware microphone works perfectly but when i switched to Wiko Fever 4G V34 MM ROM there's exact issues on madOS. I compared NVRAM from Fever and VIA M1 and i see at media folder there is plus 2 files on VIA M1's NVRAM and this files about mic and media.

Try to find your audio device driver...if it has one..

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam
Wait a minute...why you guys didn't released the update you made in this built (the update with mtk volume controls and some sensors fixed)...please release it...if you can..

I have that built as user-debug

But I want you guys to release it as normal built...cause I need to wipe data in user-debug built

Last edited:

MarcoP.A.

Mar 7, 2018
Better apps

A little help please. Why this rom doesn't recognize the face unlock? And why the camera lack in camera modes? It doesn't even have panoramic mod. :confused:

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Next update try to bring some usefull apps like miui scanner or a good camera mod.

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam
A little help please. Why this rom doesn't recognize the face unlock? And why the camera lack in camera modes? It doesn't even have panoramic mod. :confused:

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Next update try to bring some usefull apps like miui scanner or a good camera mod.

Feature updates are really rare in this ROM...

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

This is why I patched it lol.

I did notice a decent improvement in speed, but it might just all be in my head.

And your speed is increased because of low RAM flag...which is kinda useless to me....

I recommend you to try L Speed

ILoveTech!!!

Mar 26, 2018
Istanbul
I think i made a progress. On Wiko Fever V34 ROM (not madOS, stock Fever 6.0 ROM), i put all VIA M1 MM libs to Wiko Fever V34. After that suprisingly microphone works flawlessly. So, tell me guys, which files required extract from my VIA M1 MM firmware to work microphone again on madOS?

Last edited:

MarcoP.A.

Mar 7, 2018
Feature updates are really rare in this ROM...

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

And your speed is increased because of low RAM flag...which is kinda useless to me....

I recommend you to try L Speed

Harish,can you give a suggestion for a cam.mod.apk??so
I'll debloat the madcam,and sistemyze the other..
About the Lspeed,is a good choise,I used before!!but the people wants sistemyzed apps(like I do)

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

About the Lspeed,is a good choise,I used before!!but the people wants sistemyzed apps(like I do)

Anyone already tried higher "gapps"??

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Then replace all apps with it alternative g apps

And include Google framework in it...

ILoveTech!!!

Mar 26, 2018
Istanbul

There is one way to install higher gapps. After installation of madOS i looked system space in twrp. And i seen system space lowered to 1487MB~. To fix this go into twrp,select wipe,select system and Change or Repair filesystem. After that select resize filesystem. After that reboot into recovery and system space should be 2999MB~. You should install higher gappps successfully now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VmDiDSr.png

This is a Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP Oreo ) for Wiko Fever (2gb ram and 3gb ram) with MTK 6753 SoC and its clones:
    Micromax Canvas 5 E481
    Blu Life One X
    Myphone 36
    Qmobilez10

madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Working:
    • RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • All Sensors
    • Lights;
    • Both storages & MTP
    • HW de/encoding
    • Camera (photos and video)
    • GPS & aGPS
    • Audio
    • madOS Extras (the features ya'all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo)

Not working:

XDA:DevDB Information
    madOS_O_FEVER, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    DerTeufel1980, fire855, superdragonpt
    Source Code: https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: unlocked bootloader, twrp
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-03-19

Created 2018-03-13
    Last Updated 2018-03-22
    First time Install Instructions

0) Preparation

0.1) Backup your important data to PC

0.2) Ensure you are running Wiko Fever Android 6 already (also/especially when your device is not wiko fever, but a clone). If you are not, please update to it, before continuing here (replace the preloader from the wiko rom with your stock one, then use 'firmware upgrade' mode in sp flashtool. NEVER use 'format all + download')

Extra steps, if you are on blu life one x:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76003104&postcount=81

0.3) Download “twrp_wiko_fever_oreo.img“: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/file/e96x8ltlyka392e/twrp_wiko_fever_oreo.img[/URL]

0.4) Download “madOS_8.1.0_fever_2018xxyy.zip“ [url]https://www.facebook.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers/[/URL]

0.5) Optional, Download “Google Apps (aka Gapps)“: [url]http://opengapps.org/[/URL]. Choose: “ARM64“, “Android 8.1“, “nano“ or “pico“ package

1) Unlock bootloader (if not done already):

1.1) Boot for first time your device. I recommend to NOT register/login/add Wifi/add accounts/etc., because the unlock process DELETES all your data in the device. So to go more fast, skip all, and go directly to SETTINGS. In section ABOUT DEVICE, enable the developer options with eight time picks over “Build number”. Then in SETTINGS/DEVELOPER OPTIONS, enable the option “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” (if not enabled already), and choose to alollow usb debugging in the popping up window.

1.2) Boot the device in the BOOTLOADER mode (using ADB: "adb reboot-bootloader"). Execute in your computer the command “fastboot oem unlock”, say YES with “vol+” and “power” buttons. Then select reboot. This ERASES completely your device (factory restore), but the bootloader will be UNLOCKED! Two reboots needed.

2) Flash the recovery and boot to it. (choose option a) if you don't have another TWRP already installed, else choose b))

2.1a) Boot in the BOOTLOADER mode (using ADB: "adb reboot-bootloader").
    Then execute command “fastboot flash boot twrp_wiko_fever_oreo.img”;
    and then “fastboot reboot” (this is a trick to directly bring you to the newly flashed recovery. You can't boot up your current/stock rom at this point anymore).

2.1b) Boot to your current TWRP. Choose install --> image, and select “twrp_wiko_fever_oreo.img“. Then choose “recovery“ as the target. After few seconds, and succesful installation, hit “back“ several times, then go to “reboot --> recovery“

3) Install

3.0) Optional, but recommended: Go to "Wipe --> Advanced Wipe", click "Cache" and then "Repair or Change File system". Then select "Change File system" and choose "F2FS". Swipe to confirm.
    Hit "back" three times (you can again choose a partition to change now). Choose "Data" and do as above.
    Hit "back" several times, to get back to the main menu. Choose "Reboot --> Recovery".

3.1) While already in recovery (TWRP), connect your phone to pc, and copy “madOS_8.1.0_fever_2018xxyy.zip“ and the Google Apps to your phone.

3.2) Go to "Wipe", and directly slide the slider to the right.

3.3) Get back to main menu with the "back" button

3.4) Go to "Install" and hit “madOS_8.1.0_fever_2018xxyy.zip“, then uncheck all boxes and hit "Add more zips", now choose the Google Apps.
    Confirm installation by swiping the slider to the right.

3.5) Reboot System

Follow up Install Instructions
    • Download rom and gapps
    • boot to recovery
    • flash rom and gapps
    • optional: flash superSu/Magisk
    • reboot system

General F.A.Q.

Q: What the hell is madOS ?
    A: madOS, (M.A.D. Team OS), is a ROM based on pure A.O.S.P. with extended capabilities and customizations made by or merge/adapted by M.A.D. Team.

Q: Which recovery should I use for this ROM?
    A: Latest M.A.D. TWRP 3.2.1-0 recovery for OREO 8.1.0

Q: How do i flash new recovery ?
    A:
    1: You can flash it with a scatter file
    2: You can simply flash it from the existing twrp recovery: Install> Install image> Select Oreo TWRP> Select "Recovery" as partition to flash.
    Reboot to recovery to use new one

Q: Do i need to make full wipes?
    A: YES, dont come crying at me, if you didn't .... ;p

Q: What is "full wipes" ?
    A: To Wipe : Cache; System; DATA ...

Q: What should i use f2fs or ext4?
    A: Both are supported, choose the one you desire

Q: Does this rom have any Theme support
    A: Yup, We have working Theme Engine (madOS extras)

Update: On Oreo 8.1.0:
    - We have extended Theme support even further ( madLauncher, messaging, etc)
    - As well as many fixes

Q: Some translations are missing for my language, can I help?
    A: Sure you can, please check our translations repo available here , you can either do a pull request, or if you don't know how to work with git, sent us the XML. Strings for your language ( Check Readme on repo).

Q: I want to report a bug(s) do you have an issue tracker?
    A: Yeah... madOS issue tracker

Q: What's working ?
    A: Check first Post for current status

Q: App "x" doesn't work, why?
    A: Probably not compatible with OREO yet, feedback is welcome

Q: Is the rom rooted?
    A: NO, But you can easily root with :
    1: Magisk ( v14 onwards.)
    2: Super SU ( v2.82 onwards)
    IF there are problems in rooting, you need to report it to the root-threads...There's nothing we can do

Q: Should i root together with rom ?
    A: Not advised.. mainly the Magisk that gives some weird issues...
    Flash ROM and GAPPS (if you use gapps), after first boot get back to recovery and flash your desire rooting method

Q: Does xposed work?
    A: Is there Xposed for O? ... then no ;p

Q: How is battery life with Oreo?
    A: Pretty awesome

Q: Does this build support Vulcan?
    A: No....duh! v

Q: Does doze work in this build?
    A: Yup

Q: when will (feature/issue here) be fixed?
    A: NO ETA , please

Porting F.A.Q.
    No porting support, no port questions allowed on this thread, and porting PMs will be auto-deleted, porting replies will be reported as well

G.APPS F.A.Q.

Q:What GAPPS package should I use?
    A: openGapps arm64 nano/pico

Q: How to properly install GAPPS?
    A:Flash Rom + Flash Gapps at once

CREDITS and Thanks

madOS Team
    Our translators, credits list here
    A.O.S.P.
    Pure Nexus
    AOSPA
    DU (Dirty Unicorns)
    Omni

HELP supporting madOS

We do this on our free time, however we do have costs on maintaining this :/

Any donation is highly appreciated

You can donate by using
    this link

If the above doesn't work in your country, then you can directly donate by using this e-mail adress: [email protected]

About madOS Proprietary Apps

You are NOT allowed by any means, to use our madOS apps on any other build, your rom
    This is exclusively for OFFICIAL madOS ROM releases

@To Moderators: Feel free to clean the thread, whenever users start spamming, severe OT, or questioning about porting...
    Changelog 19th March 2018:
    • fixed offline charging
    • fixed proximity and light sensor
    • fixed applying smartwake settings after reboot

Facebook release post: https://www.facebook.com/notes/mad/rom-810-official-mados-wiko-fever-mt6753/1640799096003857/
    for whatever reason, devDB is not working (very well) at the moment...causing this thread to be shown up, hours after i created it....now it's finally here and updated...and can be used :)
    Finally got oreo working with sims. Ill post wt i did soon

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

To get Oreo working on Blu, do the following:
    1. On Stock Blu MM backup IMEI using Mobile Uncle app. Put this backup on SDCARD so it does not get erased when you flash later.
    2. SPFlashTools>Format> Do an "Auto Format" flashing all except bootloader.
    3. SPFlashTools> "Format and Download" Wiko LP v11 Firmware but with BLU LP Preloader and Secro.
    4. When phone Boots up, check that baseband is not saying "Unknown". Sim will not be working at this point.

***Next Upgrade to Marshmallow before Continuing*** (Somehow after flashing Wiko LP i was already on Wiko MM, so just to be safe, upgrade to MM before continuing)

5. Unlock Bootloader, flash twrp and flash magisk 16.0.
    6. Install MobileUncle and restore IMEI.
    7. Go to TWRP, install Oreo TWRP and reboot recovery. Found on facebook page https://www.facebook.com/notes/mad/rom-810-official-mados-wiko-fever-mt6753/1640799096003857/
    8. (Optional) Backup NVRAM just in case.
    9. Do a factory reset and finally flash madOS_8.1.0_fever_20180318.zip and open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico-20180311.zip.

Bugs I've Noticed:
    - Flashlight only works on Front Flash
    - Camera only has FrontCam View and is upside-down.
    - Double tap to wake screen not working