[ROM] [ 8.1.0 ] Official madOS - Wiko Fever (and clones) [MT6753]

Search This thread

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
The baseband is unknown and the sim cards doesn't works either
Sim cards can't work without baseband.

Please try flashing wiko stock rom, with 'firmware upgrade' mode in sp flashtool.
Just replace the preloader of the wiko stock rom, with the preloader of your stock rom.

Then boot up and check if baseband and your imei number are fine. If they are, you can update to madOS again.

Reactions: Harishwarrior

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam
Sim cards can't work without baseband.

Please try flashing wiko stock rom, with 'firmware upgrade' mode in sp flashtool.
Just replace the preloader of the wiko stock rom, with the preloader of your stock rom.

Then boot up and check if baseband and your imei number are fine. If they are, you can update to madOS again.

Bro...we need an update badly...

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I need help with my Micromax canvas 5 E481.
I can't get the baseband working. I already tried pushing the baseband to /vendor folder but it doesn't work. And by the way I followed all the instructions to flash the rom

https://t.me/teammaxmtk

_vvi_

Jul 10, 2009
Hi, I just installed madOS on my wiko fever. There was a strange situation after first boot:
Inside settings with each chosen option (screen, info, sound etc) there was some noise from the speaker similar to sea waves. Also IMEI was not OK for both sim cards.
For me it was not a problem cause before loading madOS I backed up my whole original rom with nvram etc.
But when I entered to TWRP once more and reloaded to the system( without any additional actions / restoring the files) strange noise disappeared and proper imei was restored.

Is it possible to restore original functions of camera? lack of picture in picture and videos in fullhd will be a very painfull.

PS: I have problems with root - on superSU i receive boot image patcher ... decompressing ramdisk failure, aborting. What to do to fix this?

Last edited:

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
Hi, I just installed madOS on my wiko fever. There was a strange situation after first boot:
Inside settings witch each chosen option (screen, info, sound etc) there was some noise from the speaker similar to sea waves. Also IMEI was not OK for both sim cards.
For me it was not a problem cause before loading madOS I backed up my whole original rom with nvram etc.
But when I entered to TWRP once more and reloaded to the system( without any additional actions / restoring the files) strange noise disappeared and proper imei was restored.

Is it possible to restore original functions of camera? lack of picture in picture and videos in fullhd will be a very painfull.

PS: I have problems with root - on superSU i receive boot image patcher ... decompressing ramdisk failure, aborting. What to do to fix this?

I can only respond to the superSU question.
The supersu installer is not compatibale with the compression used with this boot.img , so can use a modified boot.img (other compression) or use Magisk to root. And as noted in the OP. his suggestion is to use majisk anyway.

Reactions: Harishwarrior

yourrealking

Jun 28, 2014
I finally succeeded in installing this on BLU Life One X. For others who wants to do the same thing, here is what I did: https://xdaforums.com/general/general/how-installed-mados-oreo-8-1-blu-life-t3802502

I would expected it would be an alpha or beta quality (even that would be better than the outdated, spyware-ridden BLU stock rom), but it worked very well. It feels as if I bought a new device. Seeing how this hardware perfectly run Android 8.1 and apps, it is sad that many people are likely throwing this phone away because it never gets software updates from the manufacturer.

I hope there would be updates to the mad OS from time to time...

Te5yhra.png

Last edited:

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam
I finally succeeded in installing this on BLU Life One X. For others who wants to do the same thing, here is what I did: https://xdaforums.com/general/general/how-installed-mados-oreo-8-1-blu-life-t3802502

I would expected it would be an alpha or beta quality (even that would be better than the outdated, spyware-ridden BLU stock rom), but it worked very well. It feels as if I bought a new device. Seeing how this hardware perfectly run Android 8.1 and apps, it is sad that many people are likely throwing this phone away because it never gets software updates from the manufacturer.

I hope there would be updates to the mad OS from time to time...

Unknown baseband...

_vvi_

Jul 10, 2009
OK thanks. Magisk and root working.

after testing the rom
+ very fast
+ good cpu governor
+ battery...

- sometimes is loosing the internet connection.
- only battery thermal sensor can be checked
- lack of live mixing front and rear camera video/picture like in original Fever software
- only 720p video

Reactions: DerTeufel1980

yourrealking

Jun 28, 2014

Yeah, the baseband is "Unknown", and the phone does not recognise the SIM card. I have tried searching for a solution, but I could not find one. So, just to be sure, currently there is no way to get the SIM working on BLU Life One X with this ROM, is there?

It is not that I desperately need to get cellular working on this phone, but if there is an easy way to fix, why not, I would fix it. By the way, I have used this ROM for days, and it is very usable.

Harishwarrior

Aug 21, 2016
Kumbakonam
Yeah, the baseband is "Unknown", and the phone does not recognise the SIM card. I have tried searching for a solution, but I could not find one. So, just to be sure, currently there is no way to get the SIM working on BLU Life One X with this ROM, is there?

It is not that I desperately need to get cellular working on this phone, but if there is an easy way to fix, why not, I would fix it. By the way, I have used this ROM for days, and it is very usable.

There is a solution I think...

DerTeufel1980

Jul 31, 2011

Please check the instructions on first page. There's a link for extra steps for blu

Teblakuda4o4

Feb 7, 2016

Guide on installing MadOS on Blu on Page 9 of this forum. There are also other revised guides for this floating around, look around a bit.

itsjustkarim

Jun 18, 2018

Follow these instructions: https://xdaforums.com/android/development/rom-official-mados-wiko-fever-clones-t3762800

yourrealking

Jun 28, 2014

I tried from the start again, and I succeeded in making the baseband be recognised in the Fever Marshmallow V34, but there were lots of "not booting" issues after flashing the "modem fix" zip or flashing the madOS, so I overwrote some partitions like system or user data, etc (I do not exactly remember), and when I finally booted up to madOS, the baseband was unknown, again. Well, it took me hours and I got nothing.

I guess I will just use it as a Wi-Fi only device, until someone smarter than I posts here a foolproof flashable BLU Life One X baseband fixer for madOS.

Teblakuda4o4

Feb 7, 2016
I tried from the start again, and I succeeded in making the baseband be recognised in the Fever Marshmallow V34, but there were lots of "not booting" issues after flashing the "modem fix" zip or flashing the madOS, so I overwrote some partitions like system or user data, etc (I do not exactly remember), and when I finally booted up to madOS, the baseband was unknown, again. Well, it took me hours and I got nothing.

I guess I will just use it as a Wi-Fi only device, until someone smarter than I posts here a foolproof flashable BLU Life One X baseband fixer for madOS.
Flashed a Modem Fix? U shouldnt be flashing any modem fixes.

Deemo13

Sep 20, 2017
Thanks for this write up! I have MadOS installed successfully on my Blu Life One X using the installed guide. I installed from stock MM up to this with little to no issues. Performance is better than on the stock rom for sure! Used Pico Gapps for lightweight install.

The only thing I cannot get to work that well is the Google Assistant. Any ideas?

DerTeufel1980

Jul 31, 2011
Thanks for this write up! I have MadOS installed successfully on my Blu Life One X using the installed guide. I installed from stock MM up to this with little to no issues. Performance is better than on the stock rom for sure! Used Pico Gapps for lightweight install.

The only thing I cannot get to work that well is the Google Assistant. Any ideas?
Google assistant needs the bigger gapps package. Pico is missing required libs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VmDiDSr.png

This is a Official Build of madOS ( based on AOSP Oreo ) for Wiko Fever (2gb ram and 3gb ram) with MTK 6753 SoC and its clones:
    Micromax Canvas 5 E481
    Blu Life One X
    Myphone 36
    Qmobilez10

madOS is based on pure A.O.S.P. with many additional customizations and MediaTek support.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Working:
    • RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • All Sensors
    • Lights;
    • Both storages & MTP
    • HW de/encoding
    • Camera (photos and video)
    • GPS & aGPS
    • Audio
    • madOS Extras (the features ya'all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo)

Not working:

XDA:DevDB Information
    madOS_O_FEVER, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    DerTeufel1980, fire855, superdragonpt
    Source Code: https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: unlocked bootloader, twrp
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-03-19

Created 2018-03-13
    Last Updated 2018-03-22
    First time Install Instructions

0) Preparation

0.1) Backup your important data to PC

0.2) Ensure you are running Wiko Fever Android 6 already (also/especially when your device is not wiko fever, but a clone). If you are not, please update to it, before continuing here (replace the preloader from the wiko rom with your stock one, then use 'firmware upgrade' mode in sp flashtool. NEVER use 'format all + download')

Extra steps, if you are on blu life one x:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76003104&postcount=81

0.3) Download “twrp_wiko_fever_oreo.img“: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/file/e96x8ltlyka392e/twrp_wiko_fever_oreo.img[/URL]

0.4) Download “madOS_8.1.0_fever_2018xxyy.zip“ [url]https://www.facebook.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers/[/URL]

0.5) Optional, Download “Google Apps (aka Gapps)“: [url]http://opengapps.org/[/URL]. Choose: “ARM64“, “Android 8.1“, “nano“ or “pico“ package

1) Unlock bootloader (if not done already):

1.1) Boot for first time your device. I recommend to NOT register/login/add Wifi/add accounts/etc., because the unlock process DELETES all your data in the device. So to go more fast, skip all, and go directly to SETTINGS. In section ABOUT DEVICE, enable the developer options with eight time picks over “Build number”. Then in SETTINGS/DEVELOPER OPTIONS, enable the option “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” (if not enabled already), and choose to alollow usb debugging in the popping up window.

1.2) Boot the device in the BOOTLOADER mode (using ADB: "adb reboot-bootloader"). Execute in your computer the command “fastboot oem unlock”, say YES with “vol+” and “power” buttons. Then select reboot. This ERASES completely your device (factory restore), but the bootloader will be UNLOCKED! Two reboots needed.

2) Flash the recovery and boot to it. (choose option a) if you don't have another TWRP already installed, else choose b))

2.1a) Boot in the BOOTLOADER mode (using ADB: "adb reboot-bootloader").
    Then execute command “fastboot flash boot twrp_wiko_fever_oreo.img”;
    and then “fastboot reboot” (this is a trick to directly bring you to the newly flashed recovery. You can't boot up your current/stock rom at this point anymore).

2.1b) Boot to your current TWRP. Choose install --> image, and select “twrp_wiko_fever_oreo.img“. Then choose “recovery“ as the target. After few seconds, and succesful installation, hit “back“ several times, then go to “reboot --> recovery“

3) Install

3.0) Optional, but recommended: Go to "Wipe --> Advanced Wipe", click "Cache" and then "Repair or Change File system". Then select "Change File system" and choose "F2FS". Swipe to confirm.
    Hit "back" three times (you can again choose a partition to change now). Choose "Data" and do as above.
    Hit "back" several times, to get back to the main menu. Choose "Reboot --> Recovery".

3.1) While already in recovery (TWRP), connect your phone to pc, and copy “madOS_8.1.0_fever_2018xxyy.zip“ and the Google Apps to your phone.

3.2) Go to "Wipe", and directly slide the slider to the right.

3.3) Get back to main menu with the "back" button

3.4) Go to "Install" and hit “madOS_8.1.0_fever_2018xxyy.zip“, then uncheck all boxes and hit "Add more zips", now choose the Google Apps.
    Confirm installation by swiping the slider to the right.

3.5) Reboot System

Follow up Install Instructions
    • Download rom and gapps
    • boot to recovery
    • flash rom and gapps
    • optional: flash superSu/Magisk
    • reboot system

General F.A.Q.

Q: What the hell is madOS ?
    A: madOS, (M.A.D. Team OS), is a ROM based on pure A.O.S.P. with extended capabilities and customizations made by or merge/adapted by M.A.D. Team.

Q: Which recovery should I use for this ROM?
    A: Latest M.A.D. TWRP 3.2.1-0 recovery for OREO 8.1.0

Q: How do i flash new recovery ?
    A:
    1: You can flash it with a scatter file
    2: You can simply flash it from the existing twrp recovery: Install> Install image> Select Oreo TWRP> Select "Recovery" as partition to flash.
    Reboot to recovery to use new one

Q: Do i need to make full wipes?
    A: YES, dont come crying at me, if you didn't .... ;p

Q: What is "full wipes" ?
    A: To Wipe : Cache; System; DATA ...

Q: What should i use f2fs or ext4?
    A: Both are supported, choose the one you desire

Q: Does this rom have any Theme support
    A: Yup, We have working Theme Engine (madOS extras)

Update: On Oreo 8.1.0:
    - We have extended Theme support even further ( madLauncher, messaging, etc)
    - As well as many fixes

Q: Some translations are missing for my language, can I help?
    A: Sure you can, please check our translations repo available here , you can either do a pull request, or if you don't know how to work with git, sent us the XML. Strings for your language ( Check Readme on repo).

Q: I want to report a bug(s) do you have an issue tracker?
    A: Yeah... madOS issue tracker

Q: What's working ?
    A: Check first Post for current status

Q: App "x" doesn't work, why?
    A: Probably not compatible with OREO yet, feedback is welcome

Q: Is the rom rooted?
    A: NO, But you can easily root with :
    1: Magisk ( v14 onwards.)
    2: Super SU ( v2.82 onwards)
    IF there are problems in rooting, you need to report it to the root-threads...There's nothing we can do

Q: Should i root together with rom ?
    A: Not advised.. mainly the Magisk that gives some weird issues...
    Flash ROM and GAPPS (if you use gapps), after first boot get back to recovery and flash your desire rooting method

Q: Does xposed work?
    A: Is there Xposed for O? ... then no ;p

Q: How is battery life with Oreo?
    A: Pretty awesome

Q: Does this build support Vulcan?
    A: No....duh! v

Q: Does doze work in this build?
    A: Yup

Q: when will (feature/issue here) be fixed?
    A: NO ETA , please

Porting F.A.Q.
    No porting support, no port questions allowed on this thread, and porting PMs will be auto-deleted, porting replies will be reported as well

G.APPS F.A.Q.

Q:What GAPPS package should I use?
    A: openGapps arm64 nano/pico

Q: How to properly install GAPPS?
    A:Flash Rom + Flash Gapps at once

CREDITS and Thanks

madOS Team
    Our translators, credits list here
    A.O.S.P.
    Pure Nexus
    AOSPA
    DU (Dirty Unicorns)
    Omni

HELP supporting madOS

We do this on our free time, however we do have costs on maintaining this :/

Any donation is highly appreciated

You can donate by using
    this link

If the above doesn't work in your country, then you can directly donate by using this e-mail adress: mediatekandr0iddevelopers@gmail.com

About madOS Proprietary Apps

You are NOT allowed by any means, to use our madOS apps on any other build, your rom
    This is exclusively for OFFICIAL madOS ROM releases

@To Moderators: Feel free to clean the thread, whenever users start spamming, severe OT, or questioning about porting...
    Changelog 19th March 2018:
    • fixed offline charging
    • fixed proximity and light sensor
    • fixed applying smartwake settings after reboot

Facebook release post: https://www.facebook.com/notes/mad/rom-810-official-mados-wiko-fever-mt6753/1640799096003857/
    for whatever reason, devDB is not working (very well) at the moment...causing this thread to be shown up, hours after i created it....now it's finally here and updated...and can be used :)
    Finally got oreo working with sims. Ill post wt i did soon

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

To get Oreo working on Blu, do the following:
    1. On Stock Blu MM backup IMEI using Mobile Uncle app. Put this backup on SDCARD so it does not get erased when you flash later.
    2. SPFlashTools>Format> Do an "Auto Format" flashing all except bootloader.
    3. SPFlashTools> "Format and Download" Wiko LP v11 Firmware but with BLU LP Preloader and Secro.
    4. When phone Boots up, check that baseband is not saying "Unknown". Sim will not be working at this point.

***Next Upgrade to Marshmallow before Continuing*** (Somehow after flashing Wiko LP i was already on Wiko MM, so just to be safe, upgrade to MM before continuing)

5. Unlock Bootloader, flash twrp and flash magisk 16.0.
    6. Install MobileUncle and restore IMEI.
    7. Go to TWRP, install Oreo TWRP and reboot recovery. Found on facebook page https://www.facebook.com/notes/mad/rom-810-official-mados-wiko-fever-mt6753/1640799096003857/
    8. (Optional) Backup NVRAM just in case.
    9. Do a factory reset and finally flash madOS_8.1.0_fever_20180318.zip and open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico-20180311.zip.

Bugs I've Noticed:
    - Flashlight only works on Front Flash
    - Camera only has FrontCam View and is upside-down.
    - Double tap to wake screen not working