Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device. Exynos variants such as International (F), International Dual(Hybrid)-SIM (F/DS), Korean (N) ONLY. In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/U1/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
View attachment 4491847View attachment 4491848View attachment 4491849View attachment 4492992
- Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos): TBD
- This build is an official LineageOS build. Compliance with our device support requirements is enforced and guaranteed. That means including but not limited to these hardwares will work:
- Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Etc. Check device support requirements for more.
What's not working:
- Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
- Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
- Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
- IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
- Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional
- Download the latest build (and optionally gapps)
- Download the compatible vendor image (https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284041)
- Reboot to recovery
- Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
- Flash the vendor image
- Flash the latest build (and gapps)
If you upgrade manually from older official releases to newer releases, you don't need to wipe your data or reflash gapps.
- Galaxy Note 9 Exynos (N960F/FDS/N): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284057
- Root addon: https://download.lineageos.org/extras
- Google Apps: https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /proc/avc_msg.
Please use LineageOS BUG tracker to report BUGs. BUGs reported in the thread could be ignored due to large number of posts.
Channel and Group:
LineageOS Channel (News and Updates):
AOSP-like ROMs (not limited to LineageOS) Group (Discussion, Quick Tech Support and Early Testing):
LineageOS for Galaxy Note 9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Last Updated 2018-10-18