• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][8.1.0][PRE-OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos)

Search This thread

jesec

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 29, 2015
SF Bay Area

Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device. Exynos variants such as International (F), International Dual(Hybrid)-SIM (F/DS), Korean (N) ONLY. In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/U1/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Features Overview:
https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-feature-list-overview-screenshots-video/

Screenshots:
View attachment 4491847View attachment 4491848View attachment 4491849View attachment 4492992

Device Info:
  • Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos): TBD

What's working:
TBD
  • This build is an official LineageOS build. Compliance with our device support requirements is enforced and guaranteed. That means including but not limited to these hardwares will work:
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
  • Audio
  • USB
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • NFC
  • Etc. Check device support requirements for more.

What's not working:
  • Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
  • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
  • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
  • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Instructions:
  • Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional
  • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps)
  • Download the compatible vendor image (https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284041)
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
  • Flash the vendor image
  • Flash the latest build (and gapps)
  • Reboot
LineageOS updater will handle updates automatically (OTA).
If you upgrade manually from older official releases to newer releases, you don't need to wipe your data or reflash gapps.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs:
  • https://wiki.lineageos.org/bugreport-howto.html
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /proc/avc_msg.
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
Please use LineageOS BUG tracker to report BUGs. BUGs reported in the thread could be ignored due to large number of posts.

Channel and Group:
LineageOS Channel (News and Updates):
https://t.me/lineageos_star

AOSP-like ROMs (not limited to LineageOS) Group (Discussion, Quick Tech Support and Early Testing):
https://t.me/joinchat/DTrGs0ygFKxHhc3bb11YKw

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS for Galaxy Note 9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
jesec
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-10-18
Last Updated 2018-10-18

malinathani

Aug 4, 2017
Thank you soo much sir

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

And good luck for LOS 16! I'm sure you can give us a sweet slice of pie

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
Flashed, stuck at bootlogo. Doesn't even loop?

Tried flashing with noverity, tried with magisk, without magisk. Maybe vendor is bad?

Last edited:

that_same_guy

Feb 26, 2012
Thank you @jesec for the effort.. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I tested this on N960F/D got stuck on bootsplash as well, I tried both Stock Vendor and the provided Vendor Images, with or without magisk with no luck.

I tried restoring boot image from previous backup (this might sound stupid) but I got past the splashcreen into Lineage Loading screen, it would stay for a minute then reboot to recovery.

For people who got stuck in the bootsplash
To exit the bootSplash freeze use the download mode button combination: Down+Bigsby+Power until screen goes off then recovery shorcut Up+Bigsby+Power,

Did anyone manage to make this work?

Last edited:
Reactions: Xshooter726

sam razzy

Oct 12, 2011
Ma sweet home
Thank you @jesec for the effort.. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I tested this on N960F/D got stuck on bootsplash as well, I tried both Stock Vendor and the provided Vendor Images, with or without magisk with no luck.

I tried restoring boot image from previous backup (this might sound stupid) but I got past the splashcreen into Lineage Loading screen, it would stay for a minute then reboot to recovery.

For people who got stuck in the bootsplash
To exit the bootSplash freeze use the download mode button combination: Down+Bigsby+Power until screen goes off then recovery shorcut Up+Bigsby+Power,

Did anyone manage to make this work?

Same problem here, Stuck on bootloop

Reactions: that_same_guy

xxaa

Feb 26, 2018
spen is for touch wiz aka Sam experience

for the rest if the android world it's a mouse pointer.

You maybe answer the sensitivity level but there is also the need to some kind of powering off the 500KHz signal send when not using the pen.

Then can we use the sensor to activate the pen ? What about the Bluetooth button ?

The wacom screen could be initialize from the begining with Project Trebble. What's the differences with LOS for S9s ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device. Exynos variants such as International (F), International Dual(Hybrid)-SIM (F/DS), Korean (N) ONLY. In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/U1/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Features Overview:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-15-feature-list-overview-screenshots-video/

Screenshots:
    View attachment 4491847View attachment 4491848View attachment 4491849View attachment 4492992

Device Info:
    • Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos): TBD

What's working:
    TBD
    • This build is an official LineageOS build. Compliance with our device support requirements is enforced and guaranteed. That means including but not limited to these hardwares will work:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
    • Audio
    • USB
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • NFC
    • Etc. Check device support requirements for more.

What's not working:
    • Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
    • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Instructions:
    • Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional
    • Download the latest build (and optionally gapps)
    • Download the compatible vendor image (https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284041)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    • Flash the vendor image
    • Flash the latest build (and gapps)
    • Reboot
    LineageOS updater will handle updates automatically (OTA).
    If you upgrade manually from older official releases to newer releases, you don't need to wipe your data or reflash gapps.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs:
    • https://wiki.lineageos.org/bugreport-howto.html
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /proc/avc_msg.
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Please use LineageOS BUG tracker to report BUGs. BUGs reported in the thread could be ignored due to large number of posts.

Channel and Group:
    LineageOS Channel (News and Updates):
    https://t.me/lineageos_star

AOSP-like ROMs (not limited to LineageOS) Group (Discussion, Quick Tech Support and Early Testing):
    https://t.me/joinchat/DTrGs0ygFKxHhc3bb11YKw

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for Galaxy Note 9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    jesec
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-10-18
    Last Updated 2018-10-18
    Can anyone tell us as why LineageOS developed stopped for note 9 ?
    The developers is back according to his telegram group and + there are a bunch of Aosp rom on other telegram Group @CodeFox is working so hard whit this Roms also there is many options so sell the N9 is not a option for me I'm enjoying this device is the best one on the market at the moment