[ROM][8.1.0][SM-G531H/BT] Havoc OS for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE 3G

Search This thread

Alando123

Dec 21, 2017
Earth

Havoc.png

Havoc-OS is an all new ROM based on LineageOS.
So many features that you probably won't find in any ROM.
Just flash and enjoy...

Features.png

General:
System-wide Rounded UI
Spectrum support
Razer Phone lock/unlock sounds

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
  • are running a custom kernel
  • have flashed mods
  • modified system files
  • didn't follow our intructions word by word
  • are unfriendly
  • And most important: DON'T READ THE OP

BUGS:
  • Same as Lineage OS 15.1
  • Turning on AutoBrightness disables the adjustment of brightness manually, even when turned back off; To fix this, download this app from here and play with the brightness adjustments for about a minute then reboot, you can uninstall the app once brightness adjustment is fixed in statusbar (CONFIRMED FIX)
    Another fix is Settings-> Havoc Settings-> Status bar then enable Brightness Control then in Settings-> Havoc Settings-> Quick Settings change Brightness slider to "Hide" option, then you will be able to slide your finger across the status bar to adjust the brightness. (CONFIRMED FIX)
  • Changing system font in Settings -> Havoc Settings -> Interface causes bootloop

Credits.png

LineageOS Team (https://www.lineageos.org)
AICP (https://www.aicp-rom.com)
MSM-Xtended Team (https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...nt/cardinal-aosp-5-0-android-8-0-pre-t3693585)
Crdroid (https://crdroid.net)
Omnirom (https://omnirom.org)
And all the other Developers, Testers, Donators and Users.

[NOTE]:
  • If you couldn't take screenshots, go to /system/vendor/lib/hw, make a backup of [email protected] somewhere else, then delete it from this folder
  • The camera preview will freeze and you can't capture or record after this. To restore original camera function (but will derp screenshot again), restore the backed up [email protected] again to /system/vendor/lib/hw

First time installing Havoc OS to your Galaxy Grand Prime, or coming from another ROM?
  • Install latest TWRP Recovery MUST USE VERSION 3.2.2-0 OR ASSERT ERROR OCCURS
  • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo (Vol-up+Home+Power)
  • Do a Nandroid backup! (Optional and only if you weren't running TouchWiz before)
  • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)*
  • Install the ROM from sdcard using TWRP Recovery
  • Optionally install the Google Apps ( get it here: https://opengapps.org ) (pico GAPPS recommended) (*)

[NOTE]:
  • If you're about going to install GAPPS with ROM, install it right after you've installed the ROM, else you have to do a factory reset if you've booted the ROM first

DOWNLOAD
ALPHA-1: Link

Donate to me:

XDA:DevDB Information
Havoc OS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
Alando123, remilia15
Source Code: https://www.github.com/Havoc-OS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Lollipop 5.1.1
Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
Last Updated 2018-08-13

Last edited:

Alando123

Dec 21, 2017
Earth
FAQ

Q: ETAs?
A: See here: Link

Q: Anymore models supported?
A: Just SM-G531BT and SM-G531H

Q: Is init.d supported on this ROM?
A: Every LineageOS/CyanogenMod ROMs support init.d, so be free at scriptings

Q: Can you include ABCXYZ feature / Samsung Apps here?
A: NO!

Q: Can I use your ROM as a base for portings?
A: Yes, and mention this thread

Q: Server error in Google Play Store?
A: Install latest Google Play Services manually first (might take long time, due to Lollipop's nature), then you can install apps from GG Play as usual

Q: How to use adoptable storage feature? I see it's new in Marshmallow
A: Go to Settings >> Storage & USB >> Tap on the SD card label (not the eject icon) >> 3 dots menu on the top right >> Settings >> Format as internal and done!

Q: Where's the MTP option? I don't see it in Storage settings
A: This feature has been moved to Developer settings, and will reset to default (Charging) after every reboots. Enable developer options first by tapping 7 times on Build number in About phone section >> Go to Developer settings >> Select USB configuration. The fastest way to do this is plug in your USB with your PC, scroll down notification bar and tap on "USB for Charging"

Q: Where's the "running" section in Apps settings?
A: It has been cut off separately to Memory setting and "Running services" in Developer settings. You can see the memory used by apps for a period of time and closing apps too, but they won't disappear in the menu, and in "Running services", still same as old-fashioned running apps section

Q: Can't install GAPPS or ROM?
A: Install latest TWRP

Reactions: samfisher20

Hovo01

Apr 20, 2018
Some screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_Ruthless_Launcher_20180816-150212.png
    Screenshot_Ruthless_Launcher_20180816-150212.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 5,121
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180816-150147.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180816-150147.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 5,073
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180816-150141.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180816-150141.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 5,034
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180816-150126.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180816-150126.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 4,633
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180816-150134.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180816-150134.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 4,515
G

Guestx00323

thank you for porting havocOS.

Last edited:

Masoud.Ser

May 9, 2013
volume slide android P stayle only for ring volume not work on g531h after some hours .solution?

Last edited:

christianrr94

Nov 19, 2017
can't install apks and take screenshots

when i try to take a screenshot o screen recorder a notification say " the app o your organization doesn't allow screenshots".
After rooted with magisk, i can't install apks from anywhere.:rolleyes:

MUELAJE

Sep 19, 2016
Jalisco
Samsung Galaxy A71
I have a problem, install Havoc Rom, but it does not recognize my microSD, that is if it appears but when I try to manage nothing appears, I thought it was something of the rom so I changed to the Xenon Rom but I did not recognize it either, before I used one of 32gb now I use a 64 gb one no longer recognizes me, someone knows how to fix it?

Sent from my SM-G531H using XDA Labs

Attachments

• f933016436365e1c260af19c452b9dee.jpg
    f933016436365e1c260af19c452b9dee.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 427

SsIyMrOiNa

Feb 16, 2019
OMG!

Thank you very much for this IMPRESSIVE rom! Indeed I tried way a lot but found this one by far better and almost perfect. Though I have only two issues. 1. Video recording doesn't working alt all. 2. As you know, screenshot. By the way, my device(grand prime g531h)shows kernel isn't seandroid enforcing, but it functions properly, is it normal?THNX

Rockyi.exe

Nov 3, 2019
Great Rom but have an issue

Video recording doesn't working, It says "Could not start media recorder. Can't start video recording", With the Stock camera and with App's like WhatsApp, I Already try clean the cache and anothers solutions on the web. Device rooted with Magisk.

Silver Beans

May 11, 2018
Thank you very much for this IMPRESSIVE rom! Indeed I tried way a lot but found this one by far better and almost perfect. Though I have only two issues. 1. Video recording doesn't working alt all. 2. As you know, screenshot. By the way, my device(grand prime g531h)shows kernel isn't seandroid enforcing, but it functions properly, is it normal?THNX

Well, I cant answer your first question but as for your second one, Thats pretty normal. Usually happens to me after installing a custom recovery.

THEROOKIELATINO

Jun 3, 2020
Bogota
Redmi Note 9
Emm first i have to say good job, great rom but there is another way to able the screeshoots or could explain more specific how do a right backup, for this ROM in this device sm g531h. Im new and dont want brick issues...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Havoc.png

Havoc-OS is an all new ROM based on LineageOS.
    So many features that you probably won't find in any ROM.
    Just flash and enjoy...

Features.png

General:
    System-wide Rounded UI
    Spectrum support
    Razer Phone lock/unlock sounds

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    • are running a custom kernel
    • have flashed mods
    • modified system files
    • didn't follow our intructions word by word
    • are unfriendly
    • And most important: DON'T READ THE OP

BUGS:
    • Same as Lineage OS 15.1
    • Turning on AutoBrightness disables the adjustment of brightness manually, even when turned back off; To fix this, download this app from here and play with the brightness adjustments for about a minute then reboot, you can uninstall the app once brightness adjustment is fixed in statusbar (CONFIRMED FIX)
      Another fix is Settings-> Havoc Settings-> Status bar then enable Brightness Control then in Settings-> Havoc Settings-> Quick Settings change Brightness slider to "Hide" option, then you will be able to slide your finger across the status bar to adjust the brightness. (CONFIRMED FIX)
    • Changing system font in Settings -> Havoc Settings -> Interface causes bootloop

Credits.png

LineageOS Team (https://www.lineageos.org)
    AICP (https://www.aicp-rom.com)
    MSM-Xtended Team (https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...nt/cardinal-aosp-5-0-android-8-0-pre-t3693585)
    Crdroid (https://crdroid.net)
    Omnirom (https://omnirom.org)
    And all the other Developers, Testers, Donators and Users.

[NOTE]:
    • If you couldn't take screenshots, go to /system/vendor/lib/hw, make a backup of [email protected] somewhere else, then delete it from this folder
    • The camera preview will freeze and you can't capture or record after this. To restore original camera function (but will derp screenshot again), restore the backed up [email protected] again to /system/vendor/lib/hw

First time installing Havoc OS to your Galaxy Grand Prime, or coming from another ROM?
    • Install latest TWRP Recovery MUST USE VERSION 3.2.2-0 OR ASSERT ERROR OCCURS
    • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo (Vol-up+Home+Power)
    • Do a Nandroid backup! (Optional and only if you weren't running TouchWiz before)
    • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)*
    • Install the ROM from sdcard using TWRP Recovery
    • Optionally install the Google Apps ( get it here: https://opengapps.org ) (pico GAPPS recommended) (*)

[NOTE]:
    • If you're about going to install GAPPS with ROM, install it right after you've installed the ROM, else you have to do a factory reset if you've booted the ROM first

DOWNLOAD
    ALPHA-1: Link

Donate to me:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Havoc OS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
    Alando123, remilia15
    Source Code: https://www.github.com/Havoc-OS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Lollipop 5.1.1
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
    Last Updated 2018-08-13
    Some screenshots
    FAQ

Q: ETAs?
    A: See here: Link

Q: Anymore models supported?
    A: Just SM-G531BT and SM-G531H

Q: Is init.d supported on this ROM?
    A: Every LineageOS/CyanogenMod ROMs support init.d, so be free at scriptings

Q: Can you include ABCXYZ feature / Samsung Apps here?
    A: NO!

Q: Can I use your ROM as a base for portings?
    A: Yes, and mention this thread

Q: Server error in Google Play Store?
    A: Install latest Google Play Services manually first (might take long time, due to Lollipop's nature), then you can install apps from GG Play as usual

Q: How to use adoptable storage feature? I see it's new in Marshmallow
    A: Go to Settings >> Storage & USB >> Tap on the SD card label (not the eject icon) >> 3 dots menu on the top right >> Settings >> Format as internal and done!

Q: Where's the MTP option? I don't see it in Storage settings
    A: This feature has been moved to Developer settings, and will reset to default (Charging) after every reboots. Enable developer options first by tapping 7 times on Build number in About phone section >> Go to Developer settings >> Select USB configuration. The fastest way to do this is plug in your USB with your PC, scroll down notification bar and tap on "USB for Charging"

Q: Where's the "running" section in Apps settings?
    A: It has been cut off separately to Memory setting and "Running services" in Developer settings. You can see the memory used by apps for a period of time and closing apps too, but they won't disappear in the menu, and in "Running services", still same as old-fashioned running apps section

Q: Can't install GAPPS or ROM?
    A: Install latest TWRP
    when i try to take a screenshot o screen recorder a notification say " the app o your organization doesn't allow screenshots".
    After rooted with magisk, i can't install apks from anywhere.:rolleyes:
    Use SuperSU to bypass app installation error. For screenshot [emoji58], Read the OP again & again.
    sorry for the stupid question but, can I flash this on G530H specifically the XCU model?

No, only compatible for the G531H model.