• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][8.1.0][SM-G531H/BT] ResurrectionRemix 6.1.0 for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE

Search This thread

LON3LY_D3VIL

Sep 16, 2021
22S146t.jpg

Resurrection Remix OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Resurrection Remix OS known as RR in short is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
  • are running a custom kernel
  • have flashed mods
  • modified system files
  • didn't follow our intructions word by word
  • are unfriendly
  • And most important: DON'T READ THE OP

What's working:
  • RIL
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • HW video codecs
  • Almost any other hardware stuffs are working properly

BUGS/Not working :
  • Same as Lineage OS 15.1

[NOTE]:
  • If you couldn't take screenshots, go to /system/vendor/lib/hw, make a backup of [email protected] somewhere else, then delete it from this folder
  • The camera preview will freeze and you can't capture or record after this. To restore original camera function (but will derp screenshot again), restore the backed up [email protected] again to /system/vendor/lib/hw

First time installing Resurrection Remix 6.1.0 to your Galaxy Grand Prime, or coming from another ROM:
  • Install latest TWRP Recovery MUST USE VERSION 3.2.2-0 OR ASSERT ERROR OCCURS
  • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo (Vol-up+Home+Power)
  • Do a Nandroid backup! (Optional and only if you weren't running TouchWiz before)
  • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)*
  • Install the ROM from sdcard using TWRP Recovery
  • Optionally install the Google Apps ( get it here: https://opengapps.org ) (pico GAPPS recommended) (*)

Upgrading from an older build of this ROM
  • Wipe system partition, wipe dalvik-cache but not data partition
  • Optionally install Google Apps (GAPPS) (link above)

[NOTE]:
  • If you're about going to install GAPPS with ROM, install it right after you've installed the ROM, else you have to do a factory reset if you've booted the ROM first

DOWNLOAD:
ALPHA-1: Download Here
ALPHA-2:Download Here

Donate to me:

XDA:DevDB Information
ResurrectionRemix 6.1.0 for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE 3G, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
Alando123, remilia15
Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.1.1 Lollipop
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Alpha

Created 2018-07-30
Last Updated 2018-08-06
Can anyone give a link becz the one given is broken or somethin it shows 404 error.plz i want this rom but the links aren't working!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    22S146t.jpg

Resurrection Remix OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Resurrection Remix OS known as RR in short is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    • are running a custom kernel
    • have flashed mods
    • modified system files
    • didn't follow our intructions word by word
    • are unfriendly
    • And most important: DON'T READ THE OP

What's working:
    • RIL
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • HW video codecs
    • Almost any other hardware stuffs are working properly

BUGS/Not working :
    • Same as Lineage OS 15.1

[NOTE]:
    • If you couldn't take screenshots, go to /system/vendor/lib/hw, make a backup of [email protected] somewhere else, then delete it from this folder
    • The camera preview will freeze and you can't capture or record after this. To restore original camera function (but will derp screenshot again), restore the backed up [email protected] again to /system/vendor/lib/hw

First time installing Resurrection Remix 6.1.0 to your Galaxy Grand Prime, or coming from another ROM:
    • Install latest TWRP Recovery MUST USE VERSION 3.2.2-0 OR ASSERT ERROR OCCURS
    • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo (Vol-up+Home+Power)
    • Do a Nandroid backup! (Optional and only if you weren't running TouchWiz before)
    • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)*
    • Install the ROM from sdcard using TWRP Recovery
    • Optionally install the Google Apps ( get it here: https://opengapps.org ) (pico GAPPS recommended) (*)

Upgrading from an older build of this ROM
    • Wipe system partition, wipe dalvik-cache but not data partition
    • Optionally install Google Apps (GAPPS) (link above)

[NOTE]:
    • If you're about going to install GAPPS with ROM, install it right after you've installed the ROM, else you have to do a factory reset if you've booted the ROM first

DOWNLOAD:
    ALPHA-1: Download Here
    ALPHA-2:Download Here

Donate to me:

XDA:DevDB Information
    ResurrectionRemix 6.1.0 for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE 3G, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
    Alando123, remilia15
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.1.1 Lollipop
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-07-30
    Last Updated 2018-08-06
    FAQ

Q: ETAs?
    A: See here: Link

Q: Anymore models supported?
    A: Just SM-G531BT and SM-G531H

Q: Is init.d supported on this ROM?
    A: Every LineageOS/CyanogenMod ROMs support init.d, so be free at scriptings

Q: Can you include ABCXYZ feature / Samsung Apps here?
    A: NO!

Q: Can I use your ROM as a base for portings?
    A: Yes, and mention this thread

Q: Server error in Google Play Store?
    A: Install latest Google Play Services manually first (might take long time, due to Lollipop's nature), then you can install apps from GG Play as usual

Q: How to use adoptable storage feature? I see it's new in Marshmallow
    A: Go to Settings >> Storage & USB >> Tap on the SD card label (not the eject icon) >> 3 dots menu on the top right >> Settings >> Format as internal and done!

Q: Where's the MTP option? I don't see it in Storage settings
    A: This feature has been moved to Developer settings, and will reset to default (Charging) after every reboots. Enable developer options first by tapping 7 times on Build number in About phone section >> Go to Developer settings >> Select USB configuration. The fastest way to do this is plug in your USB with your PC, scroll down notification bar and tap on "USB for Charging"

Q: Where's the "running" section in Apps settings?
    A: It has been cut off separately to Memory setting and "Running services" in Developer settings. You can see the memory used by apps for a period of time and closing apps too, but they won't disappear in the menu, and in "Running services", still same as old-fashioned running apps section

Q: Can't install GAPPS or ROM?
    A: Install latest TWRP
    Read the bus list!

Hi. Can you give me a full list of bugs in this rom..

Check the LOS15.1 Thread and then what else is in the bugs list in the OP.
    CHANGELOG

(DD-MM-YYYY)

29-07-2018
    ALPHA-1: Initial release of RR

16-08-2018
    ALPHA-2: Fixed Always on Display not turning off when put in pocket with some users
    Do not use Magisk on Oreo ROMs.. it bricks the PlayStore and app installation.. re-flash the ROM and use SuperSU instead.
    Why, when i flash magisk, i can't install any apps, from play store too