[ROM][8.1.0][UNOFFICIAL][BETA] LineageOS 15.1 - SM-T800

Search This thread

Blightor

Jul 9, 2019
I'm so impressed.

I bought a T800 when they came out, and its getting long in the tooth. Such a nice tablet I gotta say, just perfect all around.

I'm shocked that someone is giving this old classy girl the latest set of clothes. Tip my hat to you @DarkExistence

Reactions: airtower

hiddeninfrontofyou

Jul 10, 2019
I have been using the Oreo version some months. Really good, but a bit laggy and with some troubles when playing video and/or audio. Maybe I did something wrong when flashing it. In addition, I could not install Netflix. Anyone with the same trouble?.

So, I returned to Nougat, waiting for the new Oreo version.

I am a old (twenty years ago) Linux Sysadmin, and know how difficult is to make all pieces in order to get a functional ROM. Selecting the right kernel compile options and parameters, finding the right setup xml, filesystem, permissions, libs, etc. This is an art, actually.

So, Darkexistence, many thanks for your time.

Reactions: izi975

airtower

Sep 9, 2010
Arlington, TX
Google Pixel 6
I have been using the Oreo version some months. Really good, but a bit laggy and with some troubles when playing video and/or audio. Maybe I did something wrong when flashing it. In addition, I could not install Netflix. Anyone with the same trouble?.

Netflix did not appear in my play store (I believe they whitelist device/OS version combos or something to that effect, and we're not on that list). I was able to sideload, but the app would not run.

hiddeninfrontofyou

Jul 10, 2019
Netflix did not appear in my play store (I believe they whitelist device/OS version combos or something to that effect, and we're not on that list). I was able to sideload, but the app would not run.

It was in mine. I'm from Spain. Maybe the play store contents vary depending on the country?.

In any case, it seems that Netflix doesn't run on that particular version of Lineage, which sounds rare to me.

D

Deleted member 4222295

i can't install apps from unknown sources i keep getting the error message there was a problem parsing the package,no matter which app i try to install,how can i fix this thanks.

Spoon1973cool

Jul 17, 2019
Can't Install Apps

i can't install apps from unknown sources i keep getting the error message there was a problem parsing the package,no matter which app i try to install,how can i fix this thanks.

You have to turn this on....its under Settings>Apps.

I ran into this trying to side load apps with Chrome, but I had to reformat my sd card because it couldn't download.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Thanks for doing this. I can't wait for the new ROM. I have the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and I installed the ROM you released late last year. Even though this tablet is 5 years old its still very nice and having the latest Android ROMs to run on it and extend its usable life is just awesome. Keep up the good work!!!

smithmal

Jun 19, 2012
I noticed a lot more recent work has been done with 14.1. Does it make sense to downgrade to that ROM?

My big issues with this ROM is the slow battery charge and issues with Netflix compatibility. Other than that it has been stellar as a daily driver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Introduction
    This thread is for development of Android Oreo on chagallwifi (SM-T800).
    It is ready for daily usage (but has a few bugs), but in this thread people can discuss it.
    I will use this thread to update you on progress.
    Please do not report things as broken if they are marked as broken below.

What works
    Boot/Display ✓
    Touchscreen/Buttons ✓
    Audio ✓
    Wi-Fi ✓
    Bluetooth ✓
    Hardware video playback ✓
    Camera/Flashlight ✕
    IR Blaster ✕

Installation
    Flash like any other ROM. Wipe data. If you need to know more, this ROM isn't for you.

Downloads
    ROM: lineage-15.1

Sources
    Latest Lineage sources

Thanks
    Exynos5420 dev team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin @tincho5588 @DarkExistence) @AdrianDC, @forkbomb444 - For their work on early 8.0 bringup, including work on linux 3.4
    @RaymanFX - First to bring CM to this device
    The 14.1 build still has a lot of bugs and a bunch of video issues. This build has no wifi? Seriously? I know you stated up front no wifi, but what developer does that? DE: Are you actually making changes or just self promoting and passing on builds?

Are you serious?

1. Read the op? It clearly states no WiFi.
    2. Read the title. ALPHA.
    3. Lineage 14.1 is as stable as it's going to get for this device. Video scaling was fixed on our end, and I've not had the issue since April 2017. Some.peoole have but have not provided logs so what do you want us to do? Fix our ROM which we aren't getting the issues?
    4. I clearly state in the OP it's just for people who want to see what it's going to be like and clearly say it is NOT for daily driver, and again I state that it's clearly for people who want to try the O experience on the tab s.
    5. We do this for free, why would I be self promoting myself? It's totally done in our free time. Where does it state that I can't post a ROM if I don't like too? I don't even have to post this if I didn't want too, but I was asked to and I was nice enough too. So if you don't want it just ignore it.

Before complaining about the only team keeping these devices alive, how about you actually read the stuff and think about how we are just people. Gosh.
    https://host.llamasweet.tech/darkex...eage-15.1-20180215-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip

Above is a link to the latest working chagallwifi SM-T800 build. No this will not work on your T805, T700, T705, T805C T807C or whatever you have. Only T800.

Yes there are a lot of bugs in this still so please don't make comments saying 'this is buggy' etc as I will have them removed. Only post a bug report if you provide a logcat, and it has to be a major bug not the 'hangouts' issue or any of the other issues I mentioned below.

This is again for people who want to experience 8.1 on their Tab S and is nowhere near ready for people who want Daily Driver stuff. Flashing this is at totally your own risk and if you damage your device during the process I take no responsibility for it. Please refrain from commenting on this thread with how do I fix my device as I want to make it easier for me to find bug reports.

On first start it will say process system has stopped, just press OK and it wont come up anymore.

Main bugs:
    Graphics Tearing when you open applications / go into recent app drawer etc
    Camera broken
    IR Blaster broken
    Youtube app video playback is broken (browser version seems to work for some reason)
    Browser/Chrome takes a while to load etc.
    Occassionaly the volume slider moves but the actual sound doesn't adjust.
    +More stuff we just haven't noticed yet.

Once a stable build is ready we will be moving to a new post rather then this 15.0 alpha thread.

I would also like to point out that the thread title has been updated to include TESTERS ONLY to avoid any of the previous responses we have here, and to make it very clear this isn't for daily driver use.
    Because there are genuine people here as the comments above have shown ^ (thanks for the support!)

WiFi is working***** on chagallwifi.

****It requires a bunch of ADB commands so no new build until we manage to transfer it over to the actual device tree. We know whats broken now, just a matter of fixing it.
    No this will not work on your T805, T700, T705, T805C T807C or whatever you have. Only T800.

Yes there are bugs in this still so please don't make comments saying 'this is buggy' etc as I will have them removed. It is a 'BETA' Only post a bug report if you provide a logcat, and it has to be a major bug not the 'hangouts' issue or any of the other issues I mentioned below.

Flashing this is at totally your own risk and if you damage your device during the process I take no responsibility for it. Please refrain from commenting on this thread with how do I fix my device as I want to make it easier for me to find bug reports.

On first start it will say process system has stopped, just press OK and it wont come up anymore.

Main bugs:
    Camera broken.

This thread is purely for people who want to see how the O experience will be on the Tab S.

No ETAs please