[ROM][8.1.0][UNOFFICIAL][BETA] LineageOS 15.1 - SM-T800

Search This thread

cyaclone

Sep 19, 2011
CLEARWATER
OnePlus 10 Pro
Thank you for working on the Oreo for the SM-T800. It was interesting trying different ways to get things to work but that is what an Alpha is all about. Found it interesting that I could get Magisk on the first ROM but nothing that I could try would get it on the latest nor would SuperSU. Looks like we will wait and see how the Google apps can be setup to work. Thanks again for the efforts and hope they will continue to a final version. No logs to sent since have not been able to get that far. Looking great so far.

Mrodfr

Jan 22, 2016
Béthune
How work LineageOS 15.1 on this tablet ? No reports means no problems (at least big) ?

I'm using AIOS at the moment but would like to try this ROM but I'm waiting a beta state first (as I'm sure a lots of us).

Thanks for the development actually and more.

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Kinda funny how you only respond when someone calls you on the slow progress.Might as well just close the thread.Sorry reality hurts

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Will also add you are very rude with your responses.Its only human nature to ask questions when a link goes up and and stays in a dormancy stage for so long.Can you blame us?(and i say us because i am definitely not the only one asking you)You need an attitude adjustment

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
Kinda funny how you only respond when someone calls you on the slow progress.Might as well just close the thread.Sorry reality hurts

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Will also add you are very rude with your responses.Its only human nature to ask questions when a link goes up and and stays in a dormancy stage for so long.Can you blame us?(and i say us because i am definitely not the only one asking you)You need an attitude adjustment

I'm not sure what you mean I've replied to nearly every question asking for an ota and updates even though the OP clearly states not to? If that's not replying to only rude questions them I'm totally baffled.

I'm only "rude" to people who act like they know everything going on. Rather then saying the thread is finished you could have I don't know waited for me to reply to the guy. I'm busy with exams which are far more important and had my last one today.

As for updates we have all been busy. We are working on our other project more so then the devices rn and I was busy with exams , Deadman was moving back to the US, Thomas has been busy getting married and is on honeymoon and tincho is settling into a new job. So busy. Thread isn't "dead"

I'm not getting an attitude change. 99.9% of the people I meet say I've a great attitude :) sorry if my response in my 5 minutes of spare time today between exams wasn't enough for you. It's faster to reply to those to stop people like tabletmen actually thinking the thread is dead because of your answer vs what is actually happening which I would have explained when I got home tonight. If you don't want to be in this thread then please don't. The thread is staying open for people who want to try Alpha builds which are for people to provide bug reports on.

@DarkExistence @deadman96385 We are curious about the development status of Lineageos 15.1 for our tablet. Maybe you can give us a new alfha build

Your question is also answered in my answer to the other it :)

Last edited:

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
How work LineageOS 15.1 on this tablet ? No reports means no problems (at least big) ?

I'm using AIOS at the moment but would like to try this ROM but I'm waiting a beta state first (as I'm sure a lots of us).

Thanks for the development actually and more.

It's going slow but some progress is being made. As stated I've had exams so that's for the delay in the reply :) thanks for the support all the same.

ApriliaM3

Retired Senior Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
Bangkok

I think you are the one needing an attitude adjustment... What an outrageous sense of entitlement.
Knock it off.
If things are not being done fast enough for you, perhaps try doing them yourself.

Mrodfr

Jan 22, 2016
Béthune
It's going slow but some progress is being made. As stated I've had exams so that's for the delay in the reply :) thanks for the support all the same.

Thanks for this answer (needed from time to time for user's hope). Hope your exams goes well of course and we will be happy later when we will see news for OS 8 for our beloved tablet.

Aug 22, 2017
I just love how you're still developing this. I am new to this sort of thing and wanna try helping maintaining stuff like this, do you know where I need to start?

drmarble

Jul 27, 2011
I just love how you're still developing this. I am new to this sort of thing and wanna try helping maintaining stuff like this, do you know where I need to start?

start with learning to build lineageos roms: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/chagallwifi/build . Build a standard lineageos 14.1 rom.
After you have succeeded, sync the exynos420 repos and build the custom 14.1 rom. At this point you can ask for help.
Then, sync the 15.1 tree and cherry-pick the required commits and build 15.1. Make changes and submit them to gerritt.
Learning to bulld is the first step. It is a big one but many folks have done it.
Good luck.

jimrfraser

May 17, 2011
Hope you can do better than the other guy.progress is going no where fast.my son had exams monthes ago so nice excuse

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

When is a stable release going to be presented please?

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
As drmarble said, try building 14.1 first and use that as a guiding point, as that will be the easiest to build without cherry-picking. Once thats done, try downloading the 15.1 sources and pick the stuff you need. PM me if you need help.

As for jimfrasr.. again.. im just back from holidays, fyi, literally yesterday. Please just take a look at our gerrit where you will see a bunch of new commits related to fixing AVC encoder issues, fixing gps, changing force shims, upgrading headers, implementing the rest of the devices, changing code, rebranding stuff... just because i am not releasing builds doesn't mean I don't have new builds..

Things take time.. the team is super busy working on two projects, jobs, honeymoons and marriages. :)

Last edited:
G

GuestX00551

First of all wanted to say thank you to the team making los 15 a reality for these old devices and allowing them to keep up with the newer ones. Especially whilst trying to live life at the same time. Thanks Guys!
I was wondering if you had a telegram link to follow the progress.
I wish I could test this ROM out unfortunately I have the dreaded T805 LTE version ???. So would be nice to keep an eye out for updates, and since I'm on telegram for other devices thought Id check it out.
Regards,
zystof

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
another update: 15.1 has been paused. Working to save our 14.1 official builds because of a lineage mess up.

Otherwise work will begin again soon hopefully, but there is a lot of shifting going on in the team. Don't expect official 15.1, unofficial most likely but its the same thing anyway :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Introduction
    This thread is for development of Android Oreo on chagallwifi (SM-T800).
    It is ready for daily usage (but has a few bugs), but in this thread people can discuss it.
    I will use this thread to update you on progress.
    Please do not report things as broken if they are marked as broken below.

What works
    Boot/Display ✓
    Touchscreen/Buttons ✓
    Audio ✓
    Wi-Fi ✓
    Bluetooth ✓
    Hardware video playback ✓
    Camera/Flashlight ✕
    IR Blaster ✕

Installation
    Flash like any other ROM. Wipe data. If you need to know more, this ROM isn't for you.

Downloads
    ROM: lineage-15.1

Sources
    Latest Lineage sources

Thanks
    Exynos5420 dev team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin @tincho5588 @DarkExistence) @AdrianDC, @forkbomb444 - For their work on early 8.0 bringup, including work on linux 3.4
    @RaymanFX - First to bring CM to this device
    The 14.1 build still has a lot of bugs and a bunch of video issues. This build has no wifi? Seriously? I know you stated up front no wifi, but what developer does that? DE: Are you actually making changes or just self promoting and passing on builds?

Are you serious?

1. Read the op? It clearly states no WiFi.
    2. Read the title. ALPHA.
    3. Lineage 14.1 is as stable as it's going to get for this device. Video scaling was fixed on our end, and I've not had the issue since April 2017. Some.peoole have but have not provided logs so what do you want us to do? Fix our ROM which we aren't getting the issues?
    4. I clearly state in the OP it's just for people who want to see what it's going to be like and clearly say it is NOT for daily driver, and again I state that it's clearly for people who want to try the O experience on the tab s.
    5. We do this for free, why would I be self promoting myself? It's totally done in our free time. Where does it state that I can't post a ROM if I don't like too? I don't even have to post this if I didn't want too, but I was asked to and I was nice enough too. So if you don't want it just ignore it.

Before complaining about the only team keeping these devices alive, how about you actually read the stuff and think about how we are just people. Gosh.
    https://host.llamasweet.tech/darkex...eage-15.1-20180215-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip

Above is a link to the latest working chagallwifi SM-T800 build. No this will not work on your T805, T700, T705, T805C T807C or whatever you have. Only T800.

Yes there are a lot of bugs in this still so please don't make comments saying 'this is buggy' etc as I will have them removed. Only post a bug report if you provide a logcat, and it has to be a major bug not the 'hangouts' issue or any of the other issues I mentioned below.

This is again for people who want to experience 8.1 on their Tab S and is nowhere near ready for people who want Daily Driver stuff. Flashing this is at totally your own risk and if you damage your device during the process I take no responsibility for it. Please refrain from commenting on this thread with how do I fix my device as I want to make it easier for me to find bug reports.

On first start it will say process system has stopped, just press OK and it wont come up anymore.

Main bugs:
    Graphics Tearing when you open applications / go into recent app drawer etc
    Camera broken
    IR Blaster broken
    Youtube app video playback is broken (browser version seems to work for some reason)
    Browser/Chrome takes a while to load etc.
    Occassionaly the volume slider moves but the actual sound doesn't adjust.
    +More stuff we just haven't noticed yet.

Once a stable build is ready we will be moving to a new post rather then this 15.0 alpha thread.

I would also like to point out that the thread title has been updated to include TESTERS ONLY to avoid any of the previous responses we have here, and to make it very clear this isn't for daily driver use.
    Because there are genuine people here as the comments above have shown ^ (thanks for the support!)

WiFi is working***** on chagallwifi.

****It requires a bunch of ADB commands so no new build until we manage to transfer it over to the actual device tree. We know whats broken now, just a matter of fixing it.
    No this will not work on your T805, T700, T705, T805C T807C or whatever you have. Only T800.

Yes there are bugs in this still so please don't make comments saying 'this is buggy' etc as I will have them removed. It is a 'BETA' Only post a bug report if you provide a logcat, and it has to be a major bug not the 'hangouts' issue or any of the other issues I mentioned below.

Flashing this is at totally your own risk and if you damage your device during the process I take no responsibility for it. Please refrain from commenting on this thread with how do I fix my device as I want to make it easier for me to find bug reports.

On first start it will say process system has stopped, just press OK and it wont come up anymore.

Main bugs:
    Camera broken.

This thread is purely for people who want to see how the O experience will be on the Tab S.

No ETAs please