#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
It's a continuation of the great work on LineageOS 14 by @shakalaca.
In this post you'll find anything related to the ROM itself.
The second post is about extensions like Gapps and Asus Camera and the changelog can be found in the third post.
- Up to date kernel: Linux 3.18.136, CAF Tag LA.UM.7.6.r1-04300-89xx.0
- Security patch level: March 5, 2019
- User build, signed with my release-keys
- Support for F2FS and EXFAT
- Flipcover support via FlipFlap.
- HW acceleration
- Bluetooth fully functional, with AptX
- GPS (+ Glonass)
- Camera (Asus Camera mostly working, check the second post.)
- Mobile data and phone
- Data roaming - read installation instructions!
- Audio fully functional
- All sensors working
- Double tap to wake, Swipe up to wake
- Touch gestures and on-screen nav bar
- Notification/Battery LED
- Wireguard support
- SELinux: Enforcing
- No major issues
- Your bootloader has to be unlocked!
- Update to the latest oreo stock rom.
- In stock rom: Enable data roaming
If you don't do this you'll not be able to use roaming in LineageOS. (This also applies to other custom roms.)
The LineageOS roaming switch can be used normally afterwards.
- Backup your internal storage to an external SD card or a computer. Internal storage should not be wiped but better save than sorry.
- Download the LineageOS 15 zip file provided in the downloads section to your phone (or use "adb sideload" with a computer).
- Flash the TWRP recovery I provided here.
- Reboot to TWRP. Backup everything. I recommend storing the backup on a computer or the external SD Card.
- Again in TWRP: Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik/Art Cache and System.
- Finally you can install the LineageOS zip file and optionally Gapps. Reboot when finished.
(Always flash LineageOS and Gapps without rebooting in between!)
- First boot will take a littler longer - If everything went as expected: Welcome to LineageOS 15.1!
- For AsusCamera read the post below about extensions.
LineageOS 15.1 for the ZE520KL and ZE552KL: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15v4n4NCTnPtwO2xN_UnyKFuDKSVgloVc
How to return to build 2018-06-11 or earlier:
The following information only applies if you want to dirty-flash older builds. Factory-resetting the phone would make key migration obsolete.
If you want to return to build 2018-06-11 or earlier and are running 2018-08-11 or later, you have to migrate your data partition back to the test-keys.
Simply flash the "planet9_keys-to-test_keys.zip" from the "Key Migration" folder on my drive share to do so.
I'll keep maintaining this rom until Android P roms are stable enough for daily use.
All the LineageOS and Linux devs who put so much time and effort into development!
All the contributors to these mido and potter device trees. These sources proved to be a great reference!
Commit authorship has been preserved so take a look at my device tree for more information.
Device tree: https://github.com/Planet-X/android_device_asus_zenfone3/tree/lineage-15.1
LineageOS 15.1 for ZE520KL/ZE552KL, ROM for the Asus ZenFone 3
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2019-03-12