[ROM][8.1.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOs 15.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
https%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-G7TL1wO9Tus%2FWF9mGkeFs-I%2FAAAAAAAAQ6M%2FKhyqjSGLzkML6QtUc609q-QVfM_6Xr1wACLcB%2Fs0-c%2FLineage.png

About LineageOS :-

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Whats Working
Boots
Sound
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
GPS
Off-line Charging
Can Call and receive call, can receive messages but not send any

What's Not Working
Fingerprint
Video Recording
Sensors
Camera
RIL
Also Massive Battery drain
If anyone knows how to fix these please say because development has pretty much died

Mod Edit: Links Removed

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOs 15.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5

Contributors
Quantumkk123, EnesSastim, Myself5, Quarx, ReversedPosix, Berni_0815
Source Code: Removed

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2019-02-20
Last Updated 2019-02-21

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great that this has finally been posted, but it looks like development had stopped. If anybody wants to see this fully working, please support the only Dev who is still trying to fix bugs. He's not getting any help right now, so if anybody can help with development or donations, please do so. Hopefully we will one day have a fully working 8.0 ROM for our device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/z5...erimental-lineageos-15-1-z5c-suzuran-t3894617

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Yeah so basically because there are other devs who CAN fix this but really can't be fu***d so I mean unless you guys can learn how to fix this stuff I would just suggest buying another phone like I have done

SimurgAnka

Feb 14, 2017
Yeah so basically because there are other devs who CAN fix this but really can't be fu***d so I mean unless you guys can learn how to fix this stuff I would just suggest buying another phone like I have done
Hi bro maybe we can use other snapdragon 810 device sources for example htc one m9 or another device
İ found this sources :
https://github.com/Claymore1297
İ hope that can help u
Also maybe u check another sources
Good luck bro pls dont stop oreo support because i think our device deserves oreo

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Hi bro maybe we can use other snapdragon 810 device sources for example htc one m9 or another device
İ found this sources :
İ hope that can help u
Good luck bro pls dont stop oreo support because i think our device deserves oreo

Nope no can do different stuff or whatever, look a reason why I bought a new device was not because of it being old or broken, but because development was slowly n now has completely died and that's none of the developers fault it's Sony's for not releasing Android 8.1.0 or even 8.0 HOWEVER the devs are more than capable of fixing it but it's not in their interest to they have many devices and do development as a hobby clearly this was a big project and I am surprised we even got this far I just kept asking and voila! I mean they kept there word and built it ? now this doesn't mean this rom is particularly abandoned anything is possible so if anyone is willing to develop for this device or just rom to fix the the small major n some minor bugs please go ahead :) ? I posted this not because I was allowed to but because @ReversedPosix asked me too and we felt bad mostly him tbh but yeah ? this will probably be the last project for this device from any developer

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
If anybody wants to see this fully working, please support the only Dev who is still trying to fix bugs. He's not getting any help right now, so if anybody can help with development or donations, please do so. Hopefully we will one day have a fully working 8.0 ROM for our device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/z5...erimental-lineageos-15-1-z5c-suzuran-t3894617
Many thanks for these words, but unfortunately I'm getting more and more into deep frustration about the issues I can't fix without help.
And I know there are guys who (for example) managed the camera to work but they don't even answer my questions for help or knowledge! Everybody is playing his own game! This way nothing will be done in near future...
:mad:

Sir Charles82

Sep 7, 2015
Vienna
Another board, another kernel. No way to adopt it; sorry!
It's not even possible to use sources from another msm8994 board, because the used hardware is not the same; you can't use the drivers; and the drivers from z5* are incompatible with oreo or greater! :(

as I'm no developer (liberal arts is my job) I have feard something like that. So Project Treble is of no use to this device also. It's a shame.

Thank you that you tried to maintain the device and solve problems!

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
as I'm no developer (liberal arts is my job) I have feard something like that. So Project Treble is of no use to this device also. It's a shame.

Thank you that you tried to maintain the device and solve problems!

I mean if all bugs were fixed there was a Dev who was quite eager on giving this device project treble as we can see there isn't any bugs fixed yet so

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
So Project Treble is of no use to this device also. It's a shame.
Treble is just a word. As far as I understand this project, this means that hardware and drivers are separated from app development. There is a layer between "hardware/driver" and app. So, no one needs to change code for drivers; he just can focus on his app development.
The idea behind treble was to reduce the needed work for oem's to update their rom as often as google does.
But as you can see, it fails! If the layer is not supporting legacy drivers, the device is dead!

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

I mean if all bugs were fixed there was a Dev who was quite eager on giving this device project treble as we can see there isn't any bugs fixed yet so
In one of your posts you said, that you managed to get the camera to work. Please let me know how this is realized.

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Treble is just a word. As far as I understand this project, this means that hardware and drivers are separated from app development. There is a layer between "hardware/driver" and app. So, no one needs to change code for drivers; he just can focus on his app development.
The idea behind treble was to reduce the needed work for oem's to update their rom as often as google does.
But as you can see, it fails! If the layer is not supporting legacy drivers, the device is dead!

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

In one of your posts you said, that you managed to get the camera to work. Please let me know how this is realized.

Please tell me where it says I have stated this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-G7TL1wO9Tus%2FWF9mGkeFs-I%2FAAAAAAAAQ6M%2FKhyqjSGLzkML6QtUc609q-QVfM_6Xr1wACLcB%2Fs0-c%2FLineage.png

About LineageOS :-

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Whats Working
    Boots
    Sound
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Off-line Charging
    Can Call and receive call, can receive messages but not send any

What's Not Working
    Fingerprint
    Video Recording
    Sensors
    Camera
    RIL
    Also Massive Battery drain
    If anyone knows how to fix these please say because development has pretty much died

Mod Edit: Links Removed

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOs 15.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5

Contributors
    Quantumkk123, EnesSastim, Myself5, Quarx, ReversedPosix, Berni_0815
    Source Code: Removed

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2019-02-20
    Last Updated 2019-02-21
    If anybody wants to see this fully working, please support the only Dev who is still trying to fix bugs. He's not getting any help right now, so if anybody can help with development or donations, please do so. Hopefully we will one day have a fully working 8.0 ROM for our device.

Many thanks for these words, but unfortunately I'm getting more and more into deep frustration about the issues I can't fix without help.
    And I know there are guys who (for example) managed the camera to work but they don't even answer my questions for help or knowledge! Everybody is playing his own game! This way nothing will be done in near future...
    :mad:
    It's great that this has finally been posted, but it looks like development had stopped. If anybody wants to see this fully working, please support the only Dev who is still trying to fix bugs. He's not getting any help right now, so if anybody can help with development or donations, please do so. Hopefully we will one day have a fully working 8.0 ROM for our device.

İ found this sources :
    İ hope that can help u
    good job :good: keep it up guys
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone